It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A better bath? (D2 LE open)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:59 am 

Degarashi keeps his gaze level, then raises a hand to forestall further apology. "It has occurred and been forgotten, Matsu Mogami-sama.I fail to recall any chapter of Leadership which details judging another while bathing. That's really more of a Scorpion thing."

((Didn't catch that part))
Read Lips: 3d10k3 14

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:34 am 

"Hmm, I can think of no such comment on judgement during bathing. Perhaps the only phrase I can think of is Spend little time on the plan, for the only thing that is certain is that everything will go wrong, but it is still not perfectly fitting."

She studied Mogami for a few moments before adding "in time we will honour those who have fallen, but for now we need to focus on what is coming still."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:38 am 

Mogami again nods at the words but remains huddled under the water. She leans slightly more toward Homura unconsciously, bringing her to the nearer to the comfort of an others touch.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:52 am 

Perhaps it was his Junshin raising, or maybe he simply didn't enjoy observing others suffering doubts and pains so close to his own. Regardless of the reason, Degarashi began speaking before he knew the air had begun passing his lips.

Fluff acting, VP for +1k1: 7d10o10k4 30

Degarashi barely recalled where he'd learned the story, though it certainly must have been during his time under Mienai-sensei. He recounted a tale of warriors beset by terrible odds, of the mistakes they made which had cost lives, and the resolve they found in learning from those mistakes. Perhaps he forgot a line here and there, perhaps the warriors were slightly more valiant in his retelling than the original. Perhaps things were brighter in his mind than in truth, but none of those things mattered in the moment. Right here, right now, there was something he felt he could do, and he did so without hesitation, uncertain of the result, only the intent behind it.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:07 am 

Yukinaga observed the situation a bit unsure really what his place was in it or really if he even had one. After his brother's story he nodded "Hai, you did what you thought was best in the moment. Some may agree or disagree with your actions but I would challenge any who doubted your intention. Unless you are a better actor than my brother here." He said with a slightly joking tone attempting to bring a touch of levity to a heavy subject.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:18 am 

With that, Mogami lowers her knees and sits up a little more straight, nodding solemnly. She still unconsciously leans a little toward Homura however, unaware of her innate need for physical comfort, despite never having indulged in such things. The human condition is strange in that, words and substances can fill ones heart and mind, cloud ones head, but more often than not the despite to simply have someone hold you is that which can fill the soul. Unfortunately, Mogami was a samurai, and such thing was highly unacceptable.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:25 am 

Homura chuckled as Degrashi put on a performance. She adjusted how she was sitting to be more comfrotable, taking advantage of her movement to brush her hand gently against Mogami's underwater before bringing her arms up and resting on them.

"Another actor within the Scorpion delegation? I met with Shosuro Sara-san who was using her acting skills to try and assist with easing tensions."

She was awful too

She looked to Yukinaga.

"Perhaps all the Scorpion here are talented actors and actresses?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:33 am 

Yukinaga chuckled slightly "Not to my knowledge Degerashi-San and Shosuro-San are the only two actors here from our clan. I certainly would never force someone to endure my acting, they'd sooner like to face an oni alone, at least that would grant a swift end of suffering."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:42 am 

"If Aya-sama is acting there's a sensei among the Shosuro schools with a sick agenda." Degarashi shook his head. "Yukinaga-sama is correct, though. To my knowledge it is simply me and Sara-sama, though I've never seen her perform before. In fact, thanks to recent events, I'm not certain anyone locally has seen her at all, which seems to bother her endlessly." His eyes flicked to Homura. "Tell me, Homura-sama, how would you measure her talents as a Butei?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:59 am 

At the touch a hot flash ran through Mogami, one of a desperate hunger for more. She shivers despite the heat of the water and coughs lightly, redoubling her efforts to focus on the conversation.

"I have met her as well, in this very Onsen no doubt. I cannot say her acting skills however."

She chines in, seemingly unaware that the question was not directed at her.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:16 am 

Friendly aren't we?

"It is difficult to say Bayushi-san, as the situation was a very complex one with the influx of samurai likely being a big distraction. She also dressed as a Lion samurai, while still being clearly herself. Perhaps she was just practicing for a future performance? I'm sure she is a talented actress though, she would not have been assigned the lead role on a performance at The most prestigious Winter Court otherwise, ne?"

She looked at Mogami, making sure she was ok and giving her a smile before looking to the two Scorpion.

"I take it neither of you have seen her performances yet?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:29 am 

"Not as such, but if she was obviously herself and dressed as a Lion..."

Degarashi suddenly sank under the water, disappearing from sight for a brief moment. When he came back up, his hair was loose from its topknot and spread around his face, held up in places by his hands in an imitation of Shimizu Kendo. The look was, understandably, imperfect, but when he spoke...

Disguise, +5 profession, +5 clan, TN20: 6d10o10k3 32

"Perhaps I should have closed the gate when I saw her coming."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:32 am 

It would be hard to tell at first glance if Mogami was ok. She was quite flush, her eyes a somewhat blank, distant look to them. She seemed to be tracking each person who was speaking at least, showing some level of attentiveness.

Under the water, her toes were wiggling back and forth constantly, though the rest of her body was still.

At the sudden words of the Governor, she shot upright and bowed low to Degarashi.

"Shimizu-sama! Should my actions require my life, it is yours to take."

she blurts out before she realizes what she had done, turning even redder, her arms and hands quickly covering her nakedness.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:37 am 

These Scorpion have the strangest taste...why would you do that now?

Homura did at least enjoy the view of a sudden standing naked Matsu, even if it was more subtle.

"I...Think you have made your point Bayushi-san" Homura said in a firm tone, looking the man in the eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:42 am 

Degarashi smoothed his hair back down, nodding to Homura and pointedly averting his eyes from Mogami. "I believe I have as well, Matsu-sama."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:47 am 

Mogami quickly walks to where she left her towel and wraps it around her body, sitting on the edge of the hot spring with just her feet in the water, letting the frigid air cool her. She puts her head in her hands and breathes slow, long breaths.

Her two budoka look at one another and shift uncomfortably, unsure if they should attend to their lord or not and look to the other samurai trying to catch their eyes for guidance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:49 am 

By the kami...

"Mina-sama, if you would excuse me a moment, I have remembered something that I need to discuss with Matsu-sama."

Homura collected her towel, holding it over her body as she rose. She moved over to Mogami, saying "Matsu-sama, may I borrow a moment of your time?" Away from them?

She rose from the bath, moving towards the changing area.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:53 am 

Degarashi nodded, then looked to the budoka and held up his hand, implying that they wait until Homura deals with the situation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:54 am 

Yukinaga made no effort to suddenly avert his gaze but also did not ogle the poor Matsu as she reacted to Degarashi's act. His eyebrow quirked as well wondering if his brother had intended to frighten the poor girl.

He nodded "of course Ikoma-San." His tone was remorseful though he was in fact grateful the woman had swooped in to help as she did, yukinaga was at a loss at what to do in the situation.

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:54 am 

Mogami stands and follows Homura, saying nothing and keeping her head low.

The two budoka move to follow the women inside the bathhouse as well, their concern evident on their faces.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next