It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:27 pm

Post subject: [D2 - LE] Last Meeting Before Sleeping...(Expecting)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:57 am 

Nagiko gracefully moves through the halls of the Castle. She just had a conversation with Asako Kashiwagi, about the nature of her gift.

'' A difficult mouse...'' She said to herself as she travelled with a bit of frustration.

She was going to her room, since there was not much to be doing today. She didn't want to try again visiting Hime-chan on Sakkaku. She was still a bit hurt.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

Post subject: Re: [D2 - LE] Last Meeting Before Sleeping...(Expecting)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:59 am 

Nagiko wrote:
Nagiko gracefully moves through the halls of the Castle. She just had a conversation with Asako Kashiwagi, about the nature of her gift.

'' A difficult mouse...'' She said to herself as she travelled with a bit of frustration.

She was going to her room, since there was not much to be doing today. She didn't want to try again visiting Hime-chan.

The castle was nearly asleep, and all through the house, no samurai was stirring not even a-
"Mantis-san!" The deep voice reverberates throughout the corridor.

Carries: Himself with dignity.
Also, all the usual bushi gear.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:03 am 

Well that deep voice stopped Nagiko right on her tracks. She turned around, a bit scared, not because she had done anything wrong, she hasn't...

She thinks...

'' Eh? yes, Lion-sama? '' She took out her fan again and started fanning as a way to calm herself after a bit of that scare. She looked around expecting half the castle to get in the halls to see who and why this lion was yelling at him

'' Do you wish to speak with me?'' She asked. '' My name is Nagiko'' She bowed.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:11 am 

Nagiko wrote:
Well that deep voice stopped Nagiko right on her tracks. She turned around, a bit scared, not because she had done anything wrong, she hasn't...

She thinks...

'' Eh? yes, Lion-sama? '' She took out her fan again and started fanning as a way to calm herself after a bit of that scare. She looked around expecting half the castle to get in the halls to see who and why this lion was yelling at him

'' Do you wish to speak with me?'' She asked. '' My name is Nagiko'' She bowed.

The stocky figure of Sugimoto approaches, his On hard, his beard bristling. His bow is polite
"Nagiko of the Mantis.....now I have your name...."
There's some mental filing
"I am called Ikoma Sugimoto, I am a samurai, a magistrate and heir to over 7 centuries of Lion honour. I would like to speak with you, if convenient."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:24 am 

Don't startle me like that, by the kami... Nagiko thought as she bowed lower to the Lion Magistrate.

'' It is a honor to meet you Ikoma Sugimoto-sama. I hope that you had been blessed by Inari-no-kami today?'' She said to him.

'' I was going to my room, but if a magistrate wishes to talk to me then my sleep can wait.'' She nods to him. '' How can this one be of service, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama?''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:30 am 

Nagiko wrote:
Don't startle me like that, by the kami... Nagiko thought as she bowed lower to the Lion Magistrate.

'' It is a honor to meet you Ikoma Sugimoto-sama. I hope that you had been blessed by Inari-no-kami today?'' She said to him.

'' I was going to my room, but if a magistrate wishes to talk to me then my sleep can wait.'' She nods to him. '' How can this one be of service, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama?''

"I have been blessed."
The magistrate peers forward, sizing the Mantis up
"Thank you. We have much to discuss, first and foremost your politics and your conduct. I will be expecting cooperation."
A broad hand indicates a small courtyard, slightly more private than the hallways
"Please join me and prepare yourself to speak the the honesty I expect of a samurai."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:36 am 

'' Sure, as you wish, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama'' She replied to him and followed him to the private courtyard.

My politics and conduct? She thought, a bit confused. She heard the rumours surrounding her, though she didn't really care. As a matter of fact she liked that even though some person tried to spread and damage her reputation with framing her as a heimin named Sakura, or Cherry Blossom, it kinda made her happy. It was not a bad name.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:40 am 

Once they were settled, Sugimoto began his line of questioning, absent mindedly toying with a small piece of crystal in his hands
"Mantis-san. I have testimony that yesterday you stood before the court and made argument, do you agree with the testimony provided?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:42 am 

'' Hmmm, i did. Those were my words, indeed, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama'' Nagiko replied to his question.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:46 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Hmmm, i did. Those were my words, indeed, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama'' Nagiko replied to his question.

"You admit to supporting a murderer and pretender to the throne in open court?"
Sugimoto's voice stayed a deep neutral.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:52 am 

'' Hmmm, maybe my words were not clear. So if you don't mind i could repeat them, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama. What i said was we, ningen, do not know all of what is happening and why is happening. I denounced the crime and said that a council of experts of spiritual knowledge should be the ones to decide what to do.'' Nagiko explained calmly.

'' I advised patience.'' She adds.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:54 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Hmmm, maybe my words were not clear. So if you don't mind i could repeat them, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama. What i said was we, ningen, do not know all of what is happening and why is happening. I denounced the crime and said that a council of experts of spiritual knowledge should be the ones to decide what to do.'' Nagiko explained calmly.

'' I advised patience.'' She adds.

As if committing it to memory"Advised, patience."

Still playing with the shard
"As I understand it, there were few other samurai who supported your call for....patience."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:58 am 

'' I don't know about that. I do not own other people's words. After my intervention i began speaking with a nun, the Abbess of the Order of Harmonious Work, Kayou-san, so i do not know if anyone else agreed with my words.'' She replied to him. Still calm and slightly fanning herself.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:01 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' I don't know about that. I do not own other people's words. After my intervention i began speaking with a nun, the Abbess of the Order of Harmonious Work, Kayou-san, so i do not know if anyone else agreed with my words.'' She replied to him. Still calm and slightly fanning herself.

"Kayou...Order of Harmonious Work."
Name stored
"Now Mantis-san. I am going to ask you to speak freely. What moved you to speak as such before the court? Why your support for the 'traditionalists'? If it is a clan directive and you are forbidden from explaining it to me thusly, I will permit it."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:06 am 

'' Well, Governor Shimizu Kendo-sama offered the place to speak with sincerity and to hear arguments from all people gathered. As to why of my own intervention, well, because Ningen do not know how the Heaven's act.'' She said. '' Only the Fortunes and the reigning Son or Daughter of Heavens know and understand the why of an event is transpiring.''

'' To act without proper guidance from the Celestial Order could be worst than not acting at all.''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:12 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Well, Governor Shimizu Kendo-sama offered the place to speak with sincerity and to hear arguments from all people gathered. As to why of my own intervention, well, because Ningen do not know how the Heaven's act.'' She said. '' Only the Fortunes and the reigning Son or Daughter of Heavens know and understand the why of an event is transpiring.''

'' To act without proper guidance from the Celestial Order could be worst than not acting at all.''

Silence for a few moments
"This is your true opinion, unvarnished and unconcealed? It slows the completion of my duties when I have to dig through falsehoods."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:20 am 

'' It is. '' She told him, her eyes show completely calmness. Also, her exotic perfume was quite alluring...

'' If you wish more witnesses over my words, i could say that Governor Shimizu Kendo-sama and i had a conversation over my words yesterday. Jade Inquisitor Asako Kashiwagi-sama, Seppun Horonigai-himesama, Gunso Suzume Chihaya-sama and a family member of your clan, Ikoma Homura-sama, all were witnesses of my conversation with Shimizu Kendo-sama about the same topic, if you wish to know more, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama.'' She said politely.

[OOC-Rolls]

Sincerity(Honesty)/Awareness, +0k1 Benten's+ +1k1 VP - 58

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:27 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' It is. '' She told him, her eyes show completely calmness. Also, her exotic perfume was quite alluring...

'' If you wish more witnesses over my words, i could say that Governor Shimizu Kendo-sama and i had a conversation over my words yesterday. Jade Inquisitor Asako Kashiwagi-sama, Seppun Horonigai-himesama, Gunso Suzume Chihaya-sama and a family member of your clan, Ikoma Homura-sama, all were witnesses of my conversation with Shimizu Kendo-sama about the same topic, if you wish to know more, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama.'' She said politely.

[OOC-Rolls]

Sincerity(Honesty)/Awareness, +0k1 Benten's+ +1k1 VP - 58

"Very well then, I will record your testimony as such. It has taken me some steps closer to determining why a samurai might take the traditionalist side. I appreciate your candour, few samurai would make the same arguments in public."
He nods closing the book on that issue
"In the meantime, there are several rumours being spread about yourself, see they are taken care of, this is not Ryoko Owari untruths are answered within these walls."
Sugimoto stands, rolling his shoulders as if piling on more weight
"They may be a result of your stance within the court. Remember that you are a guest in my clan's lands, and any attack upon yourself or your belongings is unacceptable and would be answered. If the symptoms of your political stance persist for more than a few days, feel free to consult with me."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:38 am 

'' Eh? Sure, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama...'' Nagiko was a bit confused now and she raised an eyebrow. '' I appreciate that your clan has been such gracious hosts. '' She bowed to him.

'' I do not heed on rumours though, some has come to my ears, but probably they come from some misunderstanding since this is my first time here on the mainland.'' She told the truth as she fanned herself.

'' But if you feel, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama, that those attacks could be something more then i will gladly come to you for any advise.'' She bowed again. '' Of course i would not want to give you more troubles, at least not about something minor as the few words of a malicious gossip''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:43 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Eh? Sure, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama...'' Nagiko was a bit confused now and she raised an eyebrow. '' I appreciate that your clan has been such gracious hosts. '' She bowed to him.

'' I do not heed on rumours though, some has come to my ears, but probably they come from some misunderstanding since this is my first time here on the mainland.'' She told the truth as she fanned herself.

'' But if you feel, Ikoma Sugimoto-sama, that those attacks could be something more then i will gladly come to you for any advise.'' She bowed again. '' Of course i would not want to give you more troubles, at least not about something minor as the few words of a malicious gossip''

"Then I trust you will see to it. Perhaps samurai on the islands do things differently."
He bows politely
"Have a good night Mantis-san."