It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:28 pm

Post subject: More Tea Couldn't Hurt [Day 2, Late Afternoon, Expecting]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:20 pm 

As Degarashi entered the third tea house during his day, he began wondering if he was starting to sprout leaves himself. But there was no help for it. He waved to the shop owner, who gestured him to the spot he'd reserved, and began setting up his orders of food and drink. It took some time to fully arrange, but once he was satisfied, he nodded his thanks and took his seat, waiting for his invited guest.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

Post subject: Re: More Tea Couldn't Hurt [Day 2, Late Afternoon, Expecting
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:24 pm 

The day had been stressful, and there was apparently something going on at the gates that had all these people that were on the streets talking... but life continued on regardless, and business was business. Thus Yukarin had made her way through the crowds to the tea house the letter for her had indicated. Even this place was crowded, waitresses running around trying to get orders for people... mostly just a single cup of tea each time since the people flooding in could afford ill else.

Fortunately for her, she was meeting with a samurai, and that meant area to themselves. Spotting the only person in the place in Scorpion colors, she made her way over before presenting herself and bowing; It wasn't too loud, also a fortunate thing.

"Bayushi Degarashi-sama, I presume?"

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:46 pm 

Degarashi rose as his guest addressed him, bowing low and gesturing to the proffered food and tea. "Hai, Yukarin-sama, this one is Bayushi Degarashi. I thank you for agreeing to meet with me, please avail yourself of some refreshments." What the Scorpion had arranged for was generous, but not ostentatious, choosing not to flex his status as a samurai to the detriment of the refugees.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:20 pm 

Yukarin's stomach actually made a noise, but she was practiced in covering for the unruly thing so she talked over it so it wouldn't be heard, "Thank you, Bayushi-sama; I could hardly refuse such a polite letter, and what sounded like a generous offer. Besides, I am always happy to help."

Sitting on the cushion with her legs tucked to the side, Yukarin picked up her chopsticks but did not split them yet, "Did you wish to talk about the details over the meal, or afterwards?"

It wasn't a meal per say, but calling it anything else felt crass when it was a gift of sorts. Not so much a gift that refusing it twice felt like the right thing, but a gift of sorts never-the-less.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:38 pm 

"Over the meal is fine, Yukarin-sama. Time will surely become a commodity soon, and one must not waste their currency." Degarashi resumed his seat once Yukarin had taken hers. "I must admit I hadn't heard of your unique brand of sake when I first set out, but I'm not much of a drinker." He chuckled faintly. "Mother always said that if the kami in the food were too powerful they'd overpower the ones in my body. However, when I heard of the Golden Carp, I decided I must hear about it from you directly."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:10 pm 

That saying back to what Ide Gobo used to say with 'Time is money friend!' in that rough voice of his. But she was quickly back to the present with the promise of food.

"A wise way to think about things, with our time being what it is. But Golden Carp..."

She broke her chopsticks apart before setting them across her plate and reaching into the satchel she'd set down, pulling out a bottle.

"Experiences speak louder than words I always say. So I brought a bottle along for just that case."

The sake gourd did indeed have some gold leaf for the lettering, and fine craftsmanship to boot. It was about a pint in size, sitting in Yukarin's hand heavily but not too heavily.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:53 pm 

For a moment Degarashi merely admired the craftmanship of the gourd, appreciating the visual elements used to draw the customer in. "Certainly a magnificent sight, Yukarin-sama, but naturally one doesn't simply sit and observe the drink. May I ask how this particular blend fares for those with...lower fortitude?" As if to demonstrate, a faint rumble passed through Degarashi's belly that was not associated with his current hunger.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:27 pm 

"Lower fortitude... Hm, I suppose that depends on exactly what you mean. I myself am more along that persuasion, and I will say I immensely enjoy it myself. Was there something in particular you were wondering about in that sense?"

She caught the picture, but she didn't want to be so forthright about such things unless she was more sure; It was, after all, pretty strong drink to be sure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:42 pm 

"I merely wish to be able to sample an adequate amount to judge it properly. I can hold some measure of drink, but I've heard of some brews that the Hida and Matsu use to strip and clean their weaponry with, and I'm not certain I could survive sampling such a thing."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:01 am 

She shook her head, "It is stronger than Friendly Traveler, but it's no shochu or Rock Tortoise sake. I can drink four cups or so before I start feeling a bit warm, as it were."

Sure, sake cups were smaller than tea cups, but she felt it was a decent amount.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:11 am 

"Ah, that is quite good indeed. I should like to sample some, then." Degarashi leaned forward slightly, eyeing the bottle as he spoke. "I can only write so much within one letter, so I shall lay out my full intent. Tomorrow afternoon I intend to perform in public, a little known art popular among the Butei known as rakugo. My venue will largely be open air, so I may see a great audience, or a meager one. As my performance seeks to improve morale, I wish for certain needs to here catered to, among them the certainly substantial desire to drink. I believe you can guess what comes next."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:19 am 

A small nod, Yukarin putting her free hand to her chin, "...well, I have thirty-nine more bottles of Golden Carp with me, so it's up to you if that would be enough to meet your needs or not. If you need anything besides sake, I could try to set something up; I do have contacts within the city from my time here, after all. And I could call in some of those connections, despite the situation in the city."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:23 am 

"Variety is better. As a Shosuro Butei I try to appeal to many tastes. Doing so with these refreshments is no different. As well..." He gestured to the food he had provided, then to the other patrons around them. "These people may want for their needs quite soon. I would like, if only briefly, to allow them freedom from those concerns, however fleeting it may be."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:31 am 

"But will that not just hasten how quickly they get to that point?"

Yukarin looked at the food on the table thoughtfully before shaking her head, "Regardless, I will do what I can for what you are looking for. I will just need as much detail as you can give, though I know there are many details you can't know yet."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:41 am 

"Ultimately I sem top strike a balance between reckless and helpful but alas..." He shrugged. "It is not my area of expertise. I wouldn't even know where to begin. It is why I have sought your council in the matter. As for the details, the performance will be held on the streets of Toshi no Omoidosu, in the open air near the western end of the city. I know not how many will attend, as the invitation will be open to all. Any aid at all is better than none, and I would never ask you to strain your wares or those of the city. It's just that I am an actor, and there is little I can do beyond this. If there is a chance it will have a positive result, I must try."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:51 am 

Yuka's expression softened, and she gave a nod after Degarashi finished explaining; She was back to her usual smile, "Of course, of course. Well, if that's the case... why don't you just leave it to me to do the planning and the setup and such. What time would you like that all set up by?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:56 am 

"I intend to set up tomorrow at 2pm (Late Afternoon) and would like to begin no later than 3 PM. Is that a sufficient amount of time for what you require?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:06 am 

"Let it never be said that Yasuki Yukarin does not do her best; I will do such and see how things go. I imagine I will have more than enough time, but that depends on how difficult people are being, and how tight things actually become here; Not just supplies and how people want to use them, but space and time as well. If I'm going to set something up, it will need to be safe and organized enough that it doesn't get swamped or stormed, after all. Not that I'm worried about that part as much as others, but with things as crowded and tense as they are, it's something to consider."

She put down her now empty rice bowl, "Like I said though, do not worry to much about it; I find that if I put my all into something, the Seven Fortunes of Good Luck tend to smile on me. Or at least I find a way to make things work in the end, neh?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:15 am 

"Well then, I look forward to seeing you work, and may the fortunes bless your endeavors." Degarashi bowed deeply to Yukarin then ordered one more round of food, just for good measure. "Business aside, Yukarin-sama, may I ask how your time at the city has been since the... unfortunate turn of events?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:47 am 

"The past day or two? Busy, I suppose. I was here for the winter court, and it was a fairly slow affair. This large influx of people and events... well, I'd call it exciting if I had a little less taste. Lively perhaps even. But the threat of a siege or worse makes such words seem incorrect. Interesting might be the best word, for was it not not the Tao that says everyone wishes to live in interesting times, besides those who live in them?"