It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:22 pm

Post subject: Re: (D1, EE, Horonigai's Room) Imperial? Talk
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:49 am 

"I think the only people that truly know the Togashi are the Togashi... and even then I'm not certain!" She gave a wry smile before giving thanks for the tea and taking a grateful sip. "Though, I DO know they can freeze. Perhaps they have secret blankets for when no one's looking..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:56 am 

Horonigai looks into Poemu's eyes with a contained laugh. She nods, blushing a bit on her cheeks. For the Seppun's surprise, tea was indeed good –– at least for her taste. A thought comes by, and she shares with the Agasha, "Not only secret blankets. They must have a secret anything for any situation, ne."

A shrug, as the finishes her antics, "But then again, as Agasha-san said: only the Togashi would know how, or not even them."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:07 am 

"Perhaps... though I think they'd mostly say something about learning to adapt to the unknown. Or something more philosophical." She gave a small sigh, picking at another piece of fish. "I must admit, having spent so much time in the lands of the Miya, and now the Lion... I sometimes wonder how much I know my own clan."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:56 am 

The Seppun girl muses at the thought of the lands of her distant cousins. "Tell me more about the Miya. I have never been to their lands, honestly. You might tell by my accent, I imagine. I'm born and raised in Otosan Uchi. The only other places I've been are within the lands of the Sparrow, along the Crane coastline and, recently, up to... Morikage Toshi."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:29 am 

"I've never been south of the Spine of the World Mountains myself, other than to Miya lands." Poumu leaned back on her hands, pausing her meal to ponder. "As for describing the Miya... they're a small family, or at least so I'm told. I'd guess they're about the size of the Agasha. They're quite humble and friendly samurai... still honorable and dedicated, but they seek to help others first. Did you know their family motto is 'there are no Miya heroes'?"

Sitting forward again, Poemu smiled warmly in remembrance. "Their lands are quite wild, with only a few small farming villages around Kyuden Miya. The Kyuden's only 3 stories tall you know, and quite simple. Oh, but there's a second castle beside it called Kyuden Hantei, where they host the Son of Heaven if his winter court is there. They don't let anyone else stay there."

"They keep large stables too, and have the third largest library in the Empire. Until the Unicorn returned, they had the largest herds in Rokugan, and have lots of room for them to roam. The library's mostly used to keep records of samurai, from mons to winter court records. They even have an area where they keep letters that can never be delivered." She trailed off, going back to nibbling on some pickled carrots. She didn't want to talk Horonigai's ears off.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:13 pm 

Horonigai is surprised with the amount of additional information from the Miya she gets from Poemu, and offers a polite bow after the lecture, "Arigatou gozaimashita."

She presses her lips up and nods. "Outstanding knowledge that you have on the Miya. I confess I actually feel ashamed I wasn't as informed as I should be about the honorable Imperial Family."

Another sip, and she put the cup on her lap. Allowing some time to pass as they enjoy the meal, the Seppun asks. "Eto. Agasha-san. How can I be of any service to you or to the Dragon delegation here?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:17 pm 

This was a bit easier territory for her training, and an automatic smile of politeness crossed Poemu's lips. "There is nothing you need do besides be yourself Seppun-sama. That you are open to talking and willing to listen is quite a blessing in and of itself. I know channels between the Dragon and Imperials have never been strong, and even less so in the past year or so, so being able to discuss matters with Seppun-sama is what they call the first step on the road."

"That said, I would of course be more than willing to give any help the Dragon can to the Imperial families as well."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:45 pm 

She nods positively to Poemu's alignment. "I am happy you would vouch for the Dragon to provide willing aid to the Imperial Families. We'll need it more than ever in the upcoming days, in fact. "

Her stomach manages to distill the sourness of the recent happenings after the chat, and Horonigai nibbles at an onigiri, picking it up first with her fingers. "I wonder if this influx of Togashi sohei is something that will happen more. You're the second closest Clan with a very capable standing army."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:08 pm 

"The Dragon are always willing to help when the Empire is in danger, of course." She paused in her own eating to frown slightly. "Though I am not certain how much time we have here at least. Unless there has been a delay, I don't imagine it will take the spirits long to reach Toshi no Omoisadu."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:13 pm 

Horonigai nods, looking at the food. "I am no rikogunshokan, yet, due the strategic position of this fortification, we must resist as much as we can and hope for new troops to arrive so we can outmaneuver them. Their logical strategy is to raze this place down, so they can move freely to Otosan Uchi without anyone at their backs."

The Seppun bites her lower lip, looks back up to Poemu's eyes, and grins. "Ganbatte kudasai!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:20 pm 

Her frown turned to a slightly sheepish smile. "Arigato, Seppun-sama, though I am no warrior myself. I imagine if the spirits reach the city... I have a horse, so I could try to bring word to the Dragon. Otherwise... ano... I suppose I would be in your care and protection, and the protection of the other bushi in this city."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 pm 

Horonigai nods. "Un! It is preferable that you depart if needed, if I were to call it. Meanwhile, count on me and the collective, honorable bushi securing this place."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:40 pm 

Poemu gave a soft giggle into a sleeve, smiling lightly as she lowered it. "Un! Has... has Seppun-sama been in a battle before then? It must be horrible..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 pm 

"Eto." She pauses.

"It wasn't a battle. It was a dreadful and despicable midnight massacre. Two years ago, during the marriage of the Suzume Daimyo, honorless rebels went on a murder spree in a late nigh ambush, killing many of the guests that were sleeping in town and in tents scattered around the village. I was able to defend myself, as did others. There was no command in any form, and the losses were many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:54 pm 

"So you have fought, even if it was hardly honorable combat." Poemu nodded, reaching out to put a hand near Horonigai's while keeping an honorable distance. "Everyone likely has heard of what happened at that marriage. I am sorry that you got mixed up into such vile proceedings Seppun-sama."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:07 pm 

Horonigai nods again, somewhat proud of herself for having learned from that experience –– as dire as it was.

With more confidence, she shifts from seiza to wariza, allowing her legs to lay at her side, thus getting closer still. "I've also battled a terrible and vile giant Naga Monster, and..."

I can't believe I'll do this. But he deserves, she thinks while rolling her eyes up, then asks, "Have you heard of one Asako Kashiwagi?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:13 pm 

Poemu looked a touch curious at the question before she nodded softly. "Hai, of course. Rumors of him in Sparrow lands were part of the package, and he spent this winter in Horikage Toshi, where I was. It was..."

She trailed off, seeking to find the right words. "...Hard to miss him there."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:23 pm 

"Nani?" She blinks curiously. "How have I missed you at Morikage Toshi?""

With a dismissive shake of her head Horonigai continues. "Anyhow. Hai. That one. Ask him how I beat the senses out of him... if you have a chance."

An enormous sly grin creeps up as Horonigai's ego delights itself with the image of Kashiwagi being choked like a possessed goose.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:25 pm 

Poemu flushed delicately. "Ano... I am not certain. I spent some time with the Imperial delegation there, but we must have merely crossed paths without meeting. I admit, more of my time was spent with the Lion, so I had much less time to meet others."

"A-as for your suggestion, I could most certainly not embarrass Asako-sama like that. I am certain it was with good reason..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:34 pm 

She scoffs, saying, "Awww... that's no fun," and giggles a bit before explaining, "I confess I spent most of my time there with the Sparrow delegation, in fact. I've also slept a bit during their storytelling sessions. There were plenty of those, if Agasha-san recalls. That's maybe why we didn't meet."