It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Counsel of Dragons [Day 2, LM]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:12 pm 

She offered a deep bow. "Thank you."

The Isawa then slipped through the gates and continued on.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:23 pm 

There is little to distinguish the landscape here, and it is easy to imagine one could get lost. The path that led you here seems to be missing, so it is just rolling cloudscape and rays of light.

Your sense of time begins to vanish, and it's hard to tell how long you've been in this land where little changes.

You begin to have a sense of something of something to your left: a subtle call that offers escape. To your right, you get a sense of change, like a storm might lay far in that direction.

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 pm 

Not wanting to be distracted or lost, Miwako attempted to sense the what direction where she would find the Dragon of Water.

- - -
Can't recall from previous experiences. Not sure if I have the scrolls or ability to cast.

The Counsel of Dragons [Day 2, LM], Sense Water, Black Scroll Penalty?, Isawa FR + 1 CR for Range?, TN 21, Tensai: 8d10o10k4 58

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:54 pm 

You get the sense that the "storm" to your right is the better way to go.

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:58 pm 

She had suspected the storm would lead her to the proper destination. Following the call of Thunder, she turned and continued on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:00 pm 

Before long, there is a slight misting from above, but there is not a dark cloud in the sky. The rain is not cool, and in many ways it is quite refreshing.

The rain occasionally changes direction, as if in some unfelt wind, and Miwako gets an odd sensation that perhaps the rain is dancing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:06 pm 

That thought brought a smile and she danced and skipped along as she moved further in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 pm 

A long, serpentine creature comes flying through the light rain, twisting about for no reason other than to move through the air.

The crown of its head has two long horns and its body is covered in bluish scales, and it dawns on you the path you walked on to the gate must also have been made of scales. There are two long arms protruding from partway down its slender body.

It is slowly moving towards you, but it is clearly in no rush.

It is a dragon. A primal being of immense power.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm 

A sense of joy and wonder overcame Miwako as she continued to twirl about and revel in the water surrounding her. It was not until the dragon was fully upon her that she stopped and lowered herself to the ground with the deepest respect.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:17 pm 

She is immediately aware, but she's not sure how, that this is not the Water Dragon, but some lesser dragon... though still immensely powerful.

As she is lowered on the ground, she can feel its presence grow closer and then feel its breath on her.

"Rise."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:29 pm 

A dragon was a dragon, in this realm at least.

She stood and examined the creature with admiration.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:56 pm 

The rain intensifies when you stand, though you can still see clearly.

"Speak."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:13 am 

"I come seeking guidance, a way that balance and harmony for the elements might be restored in the mortal realm." She said plainly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:19 am 

The dragon's large form dances around you so you are lost some within its coils. From above you its face looks down.

"What if this is balance, and what came before was not?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:27 am 

"I would still ask for a way to strengthen the weakening connection between the elements and those who cherish them." she replied.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:32 am 

"And that..."

The coil undulate around you, almost hypnotically. A span of time passes before it continues.

"...is your duty?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:41 am 

"My duty is to act as a conduit between the kami and mankind." she replied. "To serve both."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:44 am 

There is a deep rumble within the dragon that makes you think the dragon is thinking.

"I am familiar with the kami you are a conduit of."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:50 am 

"The water kami have always called to me." she smiled brightly. "I would never wish for that to change."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:53 am 

The same rumbling sound, and the dragon's coils manage to block out most the light going to you. Only a small sliver can be seen, a growing and shrinking crescent of light.

"And what of the other who calls?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next