It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:31 pm

Post subject: [D2 LM The Floating Petals Tea House] Sting like a scorpion
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:47 am 

Sara sat at the top floor of the Tea House, waiting for the other Scorpions to arrive. She felt better after sleeping in a real bed, for once, and she glanced at the strong black tea from Kaiu lands that was set before her.

Finally. Civilization.

Post subject: Re: [D2 LM The Floating Petals Tea House] Sting like a scorp
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:56 am 

"Did we really need to gather everyone?" Setsuna remarked. They seemed at least slightly bothered, but their demeanor was more sluggish and relaxed than aggressive.

Typically Carries: Daisho, Jitte, Fan, Personal Seal, Umbrella

DECEASED as of Day 11, Late Afternoon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:32 am 

"It's for the best, really," comes a voice behind the two.

Bayushi Sukekage? How long has he been there, sitting in the shadows?

"A matter such as this demands a unified response, after all. Such an unusual enemy," he muses, "will require both all the finesse and force we can muster. If we are not prepared, we may well be handing victory to the madman."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:16 am 

Normally, Yogo Aya would have been in a foul mood to have a meeting of this nature in the morning. But a small side benefit of Noribaka's idiotic scheduling of first thing in the morning was that she had already blown off most of her hangover, and had gotten a decent amount of tea and water.

She wasn't thrilled to be here, but most of her venom was spent.

She took full advantage of the strong black tea while Stutterstep auditioned for the part of charismatic hero of the people.

"Noble, stirring words Sukekage-san. Should we survive until the next theater season, I've no doubt that Sara-san will cast you as the hero in her next play."

She sipped her tea.

"But assuming we don't want want the play to be: Bayushi Sukekage: Hero without a Head, perhaps we could dispense with the stirring speeches and get down to what we're up against, and what we're going to do?" she requested.

Most of the venom, sadly, did not mean all of the venom.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:43 am 

"You'll keep a civil tongue in your head, Yogo," snaps Sukekage, "or I'll see about having it removed."

Those words were Sukekage's...but not the Sukekage who was sitting there a moment ago. Though not as dramatic as a butei's transformation, his expression has hardened and any hint of humanity vanishes from his eyes. The monster stops pretending to be a man.

"I'll not have this gathering degenerate into internal bickering. The matter is too important for such distractions."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:49 am 

Sara took a long, slow sip from her tea.

This was her clan. The best and brightest. In the city.

[i]Fuck me.[/i]

"When we are done squabbling, perhaps you would like to hear what Shosuro-ue has to say for us."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 am 

"That," Sukekage says, his voice harsh as the cold, "will wait until those more qualified to make decisions based on Shosuro-ue's orders arrive. By my assessment, that would be Bayushi Yukinaga-dono, with me at his right hand. I do suggest you remember that when addressing me, lest I decide that remedial lessons in respect and discipline are needed. I am, some may say, a rather unforgiving teacher..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:20 am 

"Gomen Bayushi-sama. I would not wish to offend you and be disciplined like a bad kouhai under her sensei." She batted her eyelashes behind her mask, and returned to her tea.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:32 am 

Sukekage sighs and shakes his head, a touch of softness returning to his expression.

"I...I should apologize, as well," he says quietly. "This whole matter's got me on edge, for obvious reasons. Too many people packed too closely together, with no easy way to identify the traitors lurking among us unless they're foolish enough to speak up in support of the usurper. I shall be in a better mood when I can begin eliminating them and ensuring that our internal defenses are as solid as our external."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:56 am 

Setsuna remained silent during all of the exchanges. All there was was the cold judgement behind a mask. "Certainly there are none so foolish among our own nor the Lion. Regardless, so bold of them to come to this town with such talk."

Typically Carries: Daisho, Jitte, Fan, Personal Seal, Umbrella

DECEASED as of Day 11, Late Afternoon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:45 pm 

Yukinaga arrived in short order his normal kimono in clan colors covered his body as he walked in. His mempo was on which would be slightly odd for those who knew him as he seemingly only wore it to courtly settings or on the battlefield. To him a meeting with his clan was a bit of both in his experience.

He bowed shallowly to those already assembled "I believe that most of us are here." He looked across faces and masks some familiar or recognizable, others not.

He found a position in the room and sat with some tea, a light more herbal blend perfect for after a session in the dojo. He tilted his mask in a practiced manner to drink. After a pause he looked to Sukekage "Are there others we should wait on?"

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:21 pm 

Bayushi Degarashi, garbed as usual in his unremarkable attire, arrived shortly after Yukinaga, but closely enough to catch his words. "How very typical, brother, to hold a meeting with the Scorpion and deign to forget that I am among them. One wonders if you said that knowing I was right behind you this whole time."

As he stepped past his brother to join the group, there was a knowing smile upon his lips, though it was less than completely sincere.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:29 pm 

Yukinaga smiled at his brother though the gesture was lost behind the already smiling visage of his mask "I knew about you brother, I was simply wondering if there were more scorpion in the city that didn't travel here with me."

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:32 pm 

"Apology accepted Bayushi-sama." She replied to the other leader, as she averted her eyes towards the tea.

Needs more sake.

She silently waited for her superiors to acknowledge her to relay her message.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:42 pm 

Aya looked about and scared and and chastened by Stutterstep's words as a Hida being lectured by a monk on the virtues of sobriety. That is to say not much. But he'd already apologized, so what was the point in playing with someone who couldn't hold up a decent threat for five minutes?

She glanced around.

"Noribaka isn't here. You might as well go ahead and relay the message. I'll repeat it to him really slowly so he understands it." she offered, while getting a tea refill.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:00 pm 

"Arigatou minna-sama for coming." And minimizing your squabbling. "Yesterday evening I have spoken to Shosuro-ue, after her harrowing experiences. During our discussion, I have received dispensation from her to spread our next actions among the representatives of our clan in the city, for now."

She took a sip of tea for dramatic effect.

"The Scorpion stand behind the Empress in these trying times, against the foul lies of the False Emperor. We should all support her here, best as we can. We should also be unified, of course, as what is now going on may tear apart lesser clans."

She placed her hands in her lap. "That is her message to you all."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:14 pm 

Despite the acting skill of the talented Sara, Yogo Aya was not an easy audience. While she appreciated being told which side of the conflict they were supposed to be on, "Do your best' was not the kind of guidance that necessitated this kind of meeting.

She rolled her eyes.

Typical empty political posturing. Do you best, and no details

Lacking an overripe tomato to throw at Sara, she looked towards the proclaimed leader of this happy little band to see if perhaps he had the brains to do something useful with this gathering.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:02 pm 

Sukekage glances over at Yukinaga and nods.

"That is in accordance with the approach we began formulating yesterday afternoon," he confirms, "so we won't need to backtrack on any of our actions thus far."

Changing subjects, the courtier - no longer quite the nebbish, harmless type he came across as yesterday, but without the killing glare he affected earlier - shifts into a report. "My initial survey of the walls shows them to be solid, but unremarkable. There is little in the terrain that we might use to our advantage save shrubbery, snow, and a goose. As I thought, there are also no clear means of egress besides the two main roads and the path to the port. The latter will likely be more defensible should it come to an evacuation, but the sea will offer little chance of escape if this cold continues.

"Through an old...friend, I suppose, I've also learned much of the keep's security - like the walls, it is solid but not remarkably so, and has probably never truly been tested - as well as taken a measure of both our enemies beyond the walls and those who lie within. Ryuuta Kin - the Piranha magistrate - seems to think the Steel Chrysanthemum will find little support within the city, if any, although that will matter little if it comes to battle. He believes and I agree that many, not just the Lion and ourselves, will choose to hold the line here rather than flee...which is good, because as I've mentioned, this location offers us few options for that."

He pauses for a moment to take a sip of tea, frowning as he considers something.

"There was a Lion who ordered the gates closed this morning when the refugees rushed the gates," he says at last. "Who knows how many will pay the price for that action, and what the toll will be on our cause... I will have to look into her, perhaps, to determine the reason for her actions. If she seeks to sabotage our efforts, I'll see that she doesn't last long enough to see the attack."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:13 pm 

Degarashi listened to Sukekage's summery of current conditions with no apparent change to his expression, taking in what he could and processing it for future consideration. When he felt it appropriate, he made a gesture to Sukekage suggesting that he wished to say something, when given leave to do so.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm 

Aya listened to Stutterstep speak for those of status. It wasn't a bad report. It's wasn't a good report, but the man was clearly not of a background to compose a good intelligence report. You couldn't report on that which you lacked. His last comment raised a snort though.

"Sounds like a smart Lion to me. If King Stabby is planning a siege, loading up the city with as many hungry mouths as possible is a great way to shorten the length of a siege. Not to mention that if he's planning more nefarious actions, a wave of refugees is the perfect opportunity to insert any number of agents into the town."

She sipped her tea, with a glance towards Stutterstep.

"It's always nice to see people remembering Duty above Compassion. Far too many don't these days."

Theme Song