It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matsu on Ikoma action? (D2 LM)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:24 pm 

Norikami remained where he was, watching the Dragon pick her bokken. Scorpion superstition states you can tell a lot about a person by the tools they select to use.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:38 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
Tani accepted the towel as well, cleaning her brow slowly. "It is not an experience for war time, that is certain. In times of peace, however, it is much more efficient for mimicking war time conditions. It came in handy during my battle with the Shasakar, I think."

"My apology, did you say the Sha-sha-kar?" Homura said with a curious look "you faced it?"

Togashi Iko wrote:
Iko laughs. "Take it from someone who's seen both, there's more Court in War, and more War in Court than one would expect. Either way, if everyone here feels as you do about standing up for each other, and those who cannot stand for themselves, then I believe most of us will live to see the Spring."

"I have heard that many times, but I haven't experienced it like you have Togashi-sama" Homura said with a chuckle "the Lion will do our duty to ensure everyone at this city is safe. However, I'm sure many here will do their best to assist. We are all here together, ne?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:40 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
Matsu Tani wrote:
Tani accepted the towel as well, cleaning her brow slowly. "It is not an experience for war time, that is certain. In times of peace, however, it is much more efficient for mimicking war time conditions. It came in handy during my battle with the Shasakar, I think."

"My apology, did you say the Sha-sha-kar?" Homura said with a curious look "you faced it?"

"I killed it," she nodded, no emotion in her voice at that to suggest if she took pride in that particular accomplishment.

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:44 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
"I killed it," she nodded, no emotion in her voice at that to suggest if she took pride in that particular accomplishment.

Head turn. Eyes...not bulging, but have you ever seen a Scorpion's eyes turn to hearts when it didn't involve the fall of the Crane clan?

You have now.

Hellloooooo.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:01 pm 

She wasn't exactly in a hurry to find her bokken as she went through each curiosity. It was surprising to her that there were some in pristine condition but she surmised that perhaps the Lion replaced their bokken often from all of the drills that they did, especially considering there were battered ones as well. In the end, she went for one that likely belonged to the latter, a few chips found along its "bladed" side.

She casually walked over back to where Norikami was waiting. "Sorry to keep you waiting, was there a way you wanted to practice, Bayushi-san?"

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:04 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
She casually walked over back to where Norikami was waiting. "Sorry to keep you waiting, was there a way you wanted to practice, Bayushi-san?"

"Hmm?"

He was looking the other way, then suddenly snapped out of it.

"Oh, right. I thought maybe we could surprise each other sparring. Likely we don't know much of each other's styles."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:57 pm 

"Surprise each other?" She said curiously at first, wondering if he meant that they should fight with blindfolds.

"I imagine that's something that would naturally occur in our first normal spar, unless you meant something else?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:05 pm 

"For once, Mirumoto-san, i meant nothing else than what was said", his voice betrayed the smile under his mempo.

He walked to face her and bowed, then took his stance.

OOC
Init: 21
Attack Stance
TN: 20 (25 if win init)
Healthy

Last edited by Bayushi Norikami on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:24 am 

Matsu Tani wrote:

"Is that so? Interesting, another seemed to claim credit for it, and as I was not there I have no reason to question them" Homura looked confused "were there more than one of them?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:44 am 

"There was not. Four of us fought, but I claimed the final blow and it's head." The explanation was... almost clinical.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:22 am 

Iko watched Homura poke the metaphorical bear, she knew Tabi was too balanced to react poorly in public, so she had to let her imagination paint the scene.

Better watch whose deeds you call into question Homura... She thought to herself.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:27 am 

"I have no reason to question your view Matsu-sama. Who were the others that fought with you?" Homura looked curious.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:37 am 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
"For once, Mirumoto-san, i meant nothing else than what was said", his voice betrayed the smile under his mempo.

He walked to face her and bowed, then took his stance.

She spaced herself apart and likewise bowed in return. With the sword in one hand and held closer to her, she straightened her other hand to assume half a meditated stance at the ready.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:38 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"I have no reason to question your view Matsu-sama. Who were the others that fought with you?" Homura looked curious.

"Asako Kashiwagi-sama was involved, as well as Suzume Chihaya-sama and Shimizu Chikara-san." She looked up, as if recalling events again. "It was a harrowing battle. His command of... whatever magic naga use... was a terror, and bolstered his attack and defense to near frightening degrees." She took a breath and continued. "He downed me once, too. And almost knocked me into a flame that was meant for him. Shimizu-san brought me back to my feet, and a few moments later I managed to get my bisento through his heart."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:56 am 

"Matsu-sama is a skilled warrior with the Fortunes watching over her" Homura smiled "thank you for the tale. It was a very fascinating one. Suzume Chihaya-sama was the one I referred to. Regardless, you and the rest of the samurai that served in that war are heroes. I will never tire of hearing such stories."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:14 am 

"I remember Suzume-sama." She shrugged. "Stories get blurred in the telling. But only one of us hung that thing's neck from our tent." She was talking about massive accomplishments, but referred to them with the same rote sameness as if she was talking about preparing for a bath.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:51 am 

As the Lion talked about the War of Broken Fangs, Iko's fingers started to absent mindedly play with a pair of fangs hanging from her sword.

A reminder of a time when she was younger, more immature and far less wise than she was even now.

"Stories from a Sparrow? She asked with a ghost of a grin. "And sparring with a Matsu? Has Ikoma-san informed her Lord of her death wish?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:31 am 

And it seems that Norikami had the advantage here.

Combats stats
Initiative: Day 2, Late Morning: Initiative: 5d10o10h3 4 (should be a 20, really)
Attack Stance
TN: 20
Healthy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:08 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
"I remember Suzume-sama." She shrugged. "Stories get blurred in the telling. But only one of us hung that thing's neck from our tent." She was talking about massive accomplishments, but referred to them with the same rote sameness as if she was talking about preparing for a bath.

"Hai, I'm sure she didn't mean to claim credit. The Sparrow are known for such things, ne?" Homura chuckled.

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Stories from a Sparrow? She asked with a ghost of a grin. "And sparring with a Matsu? Has Ikoma-san informed her Lord of her death wish?"

"Does Togashi-sama not live in the moment?" she grinned at the Dragon woman "truth be told, I was just attempting to enjoy a nice relaxing evening at the Onsen, when I made the mistake to question the vagueness of Magical Snake Lord. At which point Suzume-sama felt the need to defend themselves and their accomplishments. I assume she felt she had to push forward her importance, being that Seppun Horonigai-sama and Asako Kashiwagi-sama were also there."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:41 pm 

"I doubt she was trying to do more than describe her accomplishments with the typical Sparrow embellishments," Tani agreed. "It is good she is here, though. More veterans of conflict will only help us in the battles to come."

Description

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next