It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:04 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 1, Late Afternoon] Contemplation
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:11 pm 

"Agasha-sama, you can trust me with anything" Homura winked to the woman "I managed to bring some of my collection back with me, although sadly some of the bottles I brought to court remain after having to hastily leave as you know. I have a delightful light Crane brew I brought though that I think you would adore."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:16 pm 

"Ah, perhaps some time when things are less... troublesome... we could share a bottle then. At the moment... I fear I would not feel right drinking. The times are yet too unknown and ominous." She gave a soft sigh, a troubled look on her features.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:25 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
"I would. I suppose it can be a good practice for us to go in the same direction together." She spoke softly carrying her big training stick. The slightest of twitches of her lip could indicate that the remark was meant as humorous, and yet a genuine sentiment.

She gestured toward the hillier path where the garden covered the foothills of the mountain. Once his gaze would follow her indication, she would steal a moment to tuck a strand of lose hair behind her ear and she had idea why she had done that just now.

A very small chuckle escaped his lips "Yes I suppose it would be good practice indeed. Or a test as well, if we fail at walking together marriage would certainly be impossible." He spoke with a dry humor but there was a twinkle of amusement in his eyes as he turned toward the path and began to walk keeping one eye one her to ensure she was following.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:27 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Ah, perhaps some time when things are less... troublesome... we could share a bottle then. At the moment... I fear I would not feel right drinking. The times are yet too unknown and ominous." She gave a soft sigh, a troubled look on her features.

"Of course Agasha-sama" Homura nodded "I understand. It is a very troubling time, and there's much that needs to be focused on. The Lion will ensure the safety of those gathered here though, so you don't need to worry yourself too much. Trust me" she gave Poemu a warm smile "I will look out for you."

Damn spirits.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:38 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Of course Agasha-sama" Homura nodded "I understand. It is a very troubling time, and there's much that needs to be focused on. The Lion will ensure the safety of those gathered here though, so you don't need to worry yourself too much. Trust me" she gave Poemu a warm smile "I will look out for you."

Damn spirits.

Poemu gave a small nod, glancing over a touch worried. "Of course I trust you Ikoma-san, have no concerns of that. If battle were to ensue, I would trust your blade to defend my honor as much as any other."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:31 pm 

"You may use my given name Agasha-sama, we are friends" Homura said with a nod "and while I understand the situation is not idea, please do not worry."

Homura came to a stop, turning to look at Poemu.

"Hold onto your duty, and your beliefs. Remember, The worst enemy is the absence of hope. Smile, Agasha-sama. The world is a less bad place when you smile."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:40 pm 

"You should know by now that I am not despairing. I worry for the sake of others, but I also believe in them." She gave a slight smirk. "And it is Ikoma-san as long as it is Agasha-sama."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:49 pm 

"Forgive me, I just prefer to see a smile than a frown on your lovely face" Homura winked at the woman "it lights up the room, or in this case the garden. And I shall refer to you as your given name if you wish it, Poemu-sama. I never wish to assume that it is ok."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:58 pm 

She gave a small nod, but held up a finger. "Only in the gardens then... Homura-san. If we meet in the courts, even as friends, we should sound stuffy and formal, ne?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:06 am 

"Are you sure? It might be worth seeing the look of confusion on the face of the Otomo to see a Dragon and a Lion as dear friends, as well as forcing the additional effort from them" Homura said with a grin "it would not fit into their understanding of the situation, and cause them a great deal more work for what may be nothing."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:08 am 

She laughed silently into a sleeve at that, shaking her head. "Iie. I wish no further troubles on the Imperials Homura-san, Otomo or not. If they are to give additional effort, I would see it in a spirit of friendship and cooperation rather than confusion and puzzlement."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 am 

Friendship and cooperation from an Otomo? Next you'll expect honour from a Scorpion.

"As you say Poemu-sama. I would hate to cause anyone undue issues, don't worry. I'll behave" there was a wink "however if they cause you any further troubles I cannot say the same. Not that it's me they should worry about when you have a talented duelist like Togashi Iko-sama to hand."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:17 am 

She did follow, but since he had come ahead, she was walking behind him as at least for a time the path was too narrow for them to walk beside each other without violating propriety. What had seemed like a trivial task and a subject for humour emerged as an awkward puzzle. She was senior in both age and rank, so why was she second in row? Should she even tolerate it? There was a moment of unease as her Matsu sensibilities got ruffled, but she bore with it at least for a moment. Especially that his posterior side had an interesting interplay of muscles that she keenly observed... assessing his athletic preparedness.

"There's a Phoenix legend that some mysterious raven-like creature called kenku sometimes manifests in this garden."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:45 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"As you say Poemu-sama. I would hate to cause anyone undue issues, don't worry. I'll behave" there was a wink "however if they cause you any further troubles I cannot say the same. Not that it's me they should worry about when you have a talented duelist like Togashi Iko-sama to hand."

She nodded. "Between both of you, I feel quite safe, even in the courts. I never doubted you'd be on the best on behavior... even you tease so."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:15 am 

"Now now Poemu-sama, I never tease. I always mean what I say" Homura smirked "but I'm glad you feel safe. It means I'm doing my job well, or at least this part of my job. The next part will come later."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:38 am 

Poemu flushed and looked aside with a slight pout. "I-I never said you lied. If anything Homura-san is TOO honest.."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:54 am 

You are so adorable Poemu-chan.

Homura chuckled, lowering her voice to whisper quietly. "I prefer to be honest with those I think dearly of, dearest Sunflower-chan."

She then took a moment before speaking again.

"I'm not a complex person after all."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:01 am 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
She did follow, but since he had come ahead, she was walking behind him as at least for a time the path was too narrow for them to walk beside each other without violating propriety. What had seemed like a trivial task and a subject for humour emerged as an awkward puzzle. She was senior in both age and rank, so why was she second in row? Should she even tolerate it? There was a moment of unease as her Matsu sensibilities got ruffled, but she bore with it at least for a moment. Especially that his posterior side had an interesting interplay of muscles that she keenly observed... assessing his athletic preparedness.

"There's a Phoenix legend that some mysterious raven-like creature called kenku sometimes manifests in this garden."

He noted the awkwardness of the moment after some time and when she spoke he stepped to the side of the path to look at her as she spoke "I have heard of Kenku but not of this legend Matsu-sama. Is it one you know much about? I would love to hear it." He said with earnest interest

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:44 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
You are so adorable Poemu-chan.

Homura chuckled, lowering her voice to whisper quietly. "I prefer to be honest with those I think dearly of, dearest Sunflower-chan."

She then took a moment before speaking again.

"I'm not a complex person after all."

"H-hai." She nodded and resumed looking forward again as they walked. "Though I think even the simplest person can be quite complex. Even with a whole winter court, there's still much I don't know about you after all."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:51 am 

"Oh, I'm sure I have some mysteries left, but if I reveal everything now then what is left for next time?" Homura chuckled "although if there is something Poemu-sama really wishes to learn about me, I would consider revealing more into the mystery that is Ikoma Homura."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next