It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:56 pm

Post subject: [Day 2 - EM] Can't Tell me Nothing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:01 am 

Kashiwagi made his way to the library to do some research on Toshigoku and the Mirror of Asako Doom, or whatever it was called probably something fancy. Surely Kashiwagi knew but this all knowing narrator didn’t… anyway, he was there and reading through scrolls and texts trying to accumulate all the knowledge he needed for his meetings later.

Hopefully the Lion had not replaced every text with Leadership.

OOC: Some checks for learning things.

Lore checks on the Mirror and Toshigoku: 5d10o10k4 23

Lore checks on the Mirror and Toshigoku: 5d10o10k4 29

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post subject: Re: [Day 2 - EM] Can't Tell me Nothing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:00 pm 

It was in Setsuna's nature to search for more knowledge to consume. Certainly it was helpful to find others and gleam what was important to them. That accomplished so many goals at once.

And so, the process repeated itself once more. "Ohayou, Asako-sama," the Bayushi purred. They stood tilted, a mix of lazy and aggressive. "What're you reading?"

Typically Carries: Daisho, Jitte, Fan, Personal Seal, Umbrella

DECEASED as of Day 11, Late Afternoon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:11 pm 

The Asako hero looked up from the scroll and said, “Isawa Hiuji’s treatise on the spirit realms, dry but detailed, Bayushi-san.”

He went back to read and then started rolling the scroll up, “Useful, given our current circumstances.”

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:08 pm 

The Bayushi shifted posture, staring at the Asako through the mask. There was a sense of disbelief, but of what, the Bayushi did not state right away.

"Indeed. Refreshing your memory, then?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:11 pm 

“Reviewing for accuracy actually, some of this material is outdated on the Realm of Animals, having been there,” he mused.

“Asako Kashiwagi, office of the Asako Inquisitors, and you are?” he added reaching for another document to review.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:24 pm 

With what the Bayushi had said yesterday, Shiro no Shisen seemed like the sort of place she should start with her questions. Getting up before the sun as usual, she came straight to the library after her morning rituals. Surprisingly, or not, there were already other samurai here conducting research of their own.

Looking for the scrolls on history, she quietly shuffled her way down the row of shelves in her tabi.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:23 pm 

The Asako confirmed what Setsuna had known. Setsuna gave a reverent bow, genuine. "Bayushi Setsuna," the Scorpion purred, "I am merely a humble servant without any grand titles. You, however, sport such a high office."

The Bayushi glanced at the Yasuki and then back to the Asako. "You mentioned actually stepping in the Realm of Animals."

---

D2 LM Recognizing Kashiwagi TN 10: 4d10o10k3 16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:31 pm 

“Yes, years ago during the War against the Naga, the entire fighting force was pulled into the Realm of Animals and we had to fight our way out… it was a rather mind bending affair,” he said honestly.

“I suppose if one is touched by that Realm it would be an enjoyable experience.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:26 pm 

"Some would suggest fighting your way out be impossible. And yet, here you stand." Setsuna shrugged. "I imagine someone touched by the realm might have preferred to stay."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:28 pm 

"There are few things that are truly impossible, improbable perhaps, but impossible... I think not, we simply either lack the knowledge or the ability to see it through," he responded.

"Of course I might just be an optimist."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:31 pm 

"That is certainly optimistic," Setsuna admitted. The Bayushi glanced down at the scrolls. "And sometimes factors change. Otherwise, we wouldn't need update scrolls, now would we?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:46 am 

Not seeing what she was looking for, Yukarin approached the Asako and bowed from a short distance off, waiting until he felt like there was a proper break in the conversation to acknowledge her.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:18 am 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
Not seeing what she was looking for, Yukarin approached the Asako and bowed from a short distance off, waiting until he felt like there was a proper break in the conversation to acknowledge her.

Another fan, he nodded at her and said, "Yasuki-san, can I be of assistance?"
Bayushi Setsuna wrote:
"That is certainly optimistic," Setsuna admitted. The Bayushi glanced down at the scrolls. "And sometimes factors change. Otherwise, we wouldn't need update scrolls, now would we?"

"The beauty of knowledge is that it can change over time, hopefully for the better," he mused.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:35 am 

Another person had the same idea as the Phoenix. Probably because she had been born a Phoenix and trusted libraries more than people. The Lion was dressed in brown robes with an orange sash at her waist and had her hair up in two big buns. She had learned about the refugee crisis, the dead but not dead Emperor, the various difficulties they were having with food and housing...

Books would probably provide at least one answer. Who was Hantei XVI? Why was he so...murdery?

She would need a little assistance from the spirits of water for this one if she wanted to get it done quick enough.

OOC: [Day 2 - EM] Can't Tell me Nothing, Wisdom and Clarity, Void Point, TN16 (Pearl), 5k3 (4k2+1k1) 5k3 = 24. Pass. Read twice as fast and perfect recall.

[Day 2 - EM] Can't Tell me Nothing, Lore:History, Unknown TN, 4k3 4k3 = 20.

Carries: Scrolls, ink & brush, paper, small mirror, fan, pearl.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:01 am 

"Makes it hard to ever truly learn something," Setsuna grumbled. The Scorpion then shrugged. "I've met plenty of odd Dragon who would tell me that's a 'wonderful mystery of life.'"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:00 pm 

Bayushi Setsuna wrote:
"Makes it hard to ever truly learn something," Setsuna grumbled. The Scorpion then shrugged. "I've met plenty of odd Dragon who would tell me that's a 'wonderful mystery of life.'"

“Well to know something is to know we know nothing at all, of the ten thousand things in creation, we learn but a few truly with any deep understanding. Bayushi-san, it is a daunting task but one must never stop learning, never stop understanding,” he said honestly.

“I have met plenty of samurai and monks who are buffoons who spout mystical words or ignorance and feel perfectly fine to wallow in their idiocy. Enlightenment and understanding are not the same things, to know things is to burden yourself with worry while to enlighten oneself is to shed such concerns… they seem inimical to each other but I do believe one could find both in time.”

“I admit that I am not that person, I choose Knowledge,” the hero finished.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:19 pm 

Seeing an Ikoma come in as well, Yukarin decided it must be fate that lead her here.
Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
Another fan, he nodded at her and said, "Yasuki-san, can I be of assistance?"

"Ah, yes! You see, Asako-sama, I am formerly a member of the Unicorn Clan. And in a discussion with a fellow samurai about Rokugan's history while my birth Clan was away, he told me that the most knowledgeable samurai about the Empire's history were the Asako and the Ikoma, and to see if there were any in the Shiro's library. And here I am... and there's an Asako and Ikoma here even!"

She glanced over at Toshiko.

"Still, if you are busy here with Bayushi-sama..." she said with a deep bow to Setsuna, "I can go bother your colleague."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:25 pm 

"I assure you I can balance multiple conversations and requests with ease," he responded.

"The Asako are meticulous in our record keeping."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:25 am 

"I wouldn't want to distract him from your questions, Yasuki-sama," Setsuna stated plainly. They stepped backwards once, not leaving the conversation completely. "As for knowledge and enlightenment, I've always figured that the latter would come when it is time for my retirement."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:09 am 

Kashiwagi nodded and responded, “Well as you say, retirement is an apt time to pursue such lofty things.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.