It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: D2 EM - Replacing the Lost
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:16 pm 

Iko lets the Naga retreat to his people, having them all in one section of the Temple is obviously tactically better to Iko's mind anyway and returns to her previous position.

In the time that the conversations had taken, one of the monks had brought out the copy of the Tao she had previously requested, so that Iko could start to copy it to replace the one she had lost at Morikage Toshi.

As conversations raged, Iko sat, a quiet rock, concentrating on her work.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:27 pm 

Kioka wrote:
"Hmm. There may be some knowledge here about the Jade Dragon, of whom's scale I believe the item in question was made."

She thinks for a bit. "It is always good to wish to know more." She gives a slight smile. "You are still not very good at asking questions when you want answers."

"I've often been told I'm a terrible student and bad at asking questions," she admitted with a sheepish smile. "Sometimes, it's just a challenge of finding the right question."

She cleared her throat a little awkwardly to find it in herself to be more blunt and direct.

"How did this nemuranai work?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:34 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"I've often been told I'm a terrible student and bad at asking questions," she admitted with a sheepish smile. "Sometimes, it's just a challenge of finding the right question."

She cleared her throat a little awkwardly to find it in herself to be more blunt and direct.

"How did this nemuranai work?"

"This one's understanding is that an individual must replace their hand with the Jade Hand for it to function. Though, this one does not have any direct experience, and understanding is always limited."

Run by GM "Know the Way" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:50 pm 

That seemed a rather extreme measure to go to... like the height of hubris to consider to cut off her limb to use the Jade Hand. Perhaps her Champion had foreseen something in her future... or she would meet someone who would be worthy of such an item?

"That... huh. Would it even function like a hand? It is... magical, after all."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:57 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"That... huh. Would it even function like a hand? It is... magical, after all."

"What is the function of a hand? There are many who possess hands who do not use them to do good works. One thinks a large jade hand attached to your body must have some function, but is it the function of a hand?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:14 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"How did you come to be Kayou?"

"Was it seven years back? When things we calm," she had a faraway look in her eyes as she remember this, something she had often tried to forget, "the Lion known as Matsu Maiko, fresh from her gempukku was given command of a patrol. On her first winter mission, she was sent to lead that patrol into the high passes on the Lion-Scorpion border. An avalanche cut off their primary route back and they had to move through lesser passes and through unmapped terrain slowed by a brief but powerful blizzard. Four weeks late but having lost only one member of her patrol, she was informed by the Ikoma commander that she and her patrol were listed as dead as it was not worth the immense amount of paperwork that it would require to make them officially “alive” again. Therefore she could either join a religious order or commit suppuku, the choice did not matter to him." As she said that last words, her hands balled into fist and for a moment, the Matsu she once was shows through very clearly.

"So, Matsu Maiko, the now ‘dead’ Lioness, kicked the Ikoma in the groin," she smiled at the memory, "and took her armor and weapons and left. Two months later, the nun Kayou was initiated into the Order of Four Temples as one of their very few sohei. Since then her Tao has taken her across the Empire and led to the founding her the Order of Harmonious Work, her Order." With that, the tension flowed out of her body and she was again relaxed.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:29 pm 

Kioka wrote:
"What is the function of a hand? There are many who possess hands who do not use them to do good works. One thinks a large jade hand attached to your body must have some function, but is it the function of a hand?"

"Ah, that is an interesting question," she chuckled for a moment. "A magical hand made of jade seems like something that might have functions that a normal hand could not do, but such seems like a difficult thing to know for sure from just the lore and legends..." Tsukimi shook her head, smiling.

"Do you know of any other properties the nemuranai possesses? I must admit that nemuranai isn't something I know much about..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:35 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"Ah, that is an interesting question," she chuckled for a moment. "A magical hand made of jade seems like something that might have functions that a normal hand could not do, but such seems like a difficult thing to know for sure from just the lore and legends..." Tsukimi shook her head, smiling.

"Do you know of any other properties the nemuranai possesses? I must admit that nemuranai isn't something I know much about..."

"It is unique and would be highly treasured. There are some stories that it can burn the corruption out of the heart. It possesses all the properties of jade."

She purses her lips. "Beyond that, the temple would need to consult the records here to see if there is more detail. It can be hard to sort rumor from truth."

Kioka looks closely at Tsukimi. "A question for you: what would make a person inquire about an item they know so little about that they do not have?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:27 pm 

Also in the temple was the stately Seppun, kneeling before two offerings of incense and passable calligraphy of two of the tenants of bushido.

Before one, the character for Honor was crafted in sharp, distinctive, rigid lines - a strong incense reminiscent of coriander and cardamom wafted upwards.

Before the other, the character for Compassion was rendered in soft, gently sloping lines - the incense hinted at notes of lavender and plum.

She went through the ritual of praying to her ancestors, in particular the two who so often made themselves known to her.

Her prayers finished, she stood straightened her kimono, heading towards the exit. She frowned as she reached it, realizing how the snow had piled up while she was inside.

(Theology for appropriate prayers: 40
Calligraphy for an offering: 24)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:05 pm 

He gave a bow to Iko, then withdrew a ways. He greeted the other two naga quietly. "This place is rather crowded in the morning it seems. The rising of the Bright Eye finds you well?" He tilted his head, studying the other two naga.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:12 pm 

"Indeed. I met a most interesting man and I think I made real progress."

The Hilsilage is all shiny hope through the Akasha.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:17 pm 

Kayou wrote:
snipped text

"I see."

Mogami's eyes show a frown from behind the fan. A glint of sadness, anger, and then hope shine in them.

"The order you now head, can you tell me more of it? I have been given the task of command as well, though instead of samurai, my superiors have given me these two."

She motions to her budoka.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:17 pm 

The Saravya looked a little overwhelmed by all the people and noise, curling in on herself a little tighter. Anxiety was coming through the Akasha in waves. "Yes. This was a poor decision on my part. I could be better."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:20 pm 

He sent out soothing waves through the Akasha, seeking to lead The Saravya to harmony and peace. "Honor binds them tight. They will not seek to break the treaty we have unless we give them reason to believe that we have. It is a narrow path we traverse, but it is one that we can." He looked over to The Hilsilage "What sort of interesting man? And what is he known by, if one may inquire?"

(4 harmony points to The Saravya)

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:25 pm 

"Why, The Iko we just spoke to."

The Hilsilage feels the peace within the Akasha and cannot help but to add his own centered nature to it.

(2 Harmony to the Saravya)

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 pm 

Kioka wrote:
"It is unique and would be highly treasured. There are some stories that it can burn the corruption out of the heart. It possesses all the properties of jade."

She purses her lips. "Beyond that, the temple would need to consult the records here to see if there is more detail. It can be hard to sort rumor from truth."

Kioka looks closely at Tsukimi. "A question for you: what would make a person inquire about an item they know so little about that they do not have?"

"If I could have you permission to study these records in the coming days, I would appriciate it greatly, sister. The Heavenly Dragons have been a subject of interest to me in how I try to find my path to enlightenment, and I might learn something new in doing so." She inclined her head respectfully.

"I think my Champion intends for me to understand it more, but he didn't exactly elaborate upon it as mystery was presented to me." She smiled sheepishly again. "One must make the best of a mystery they were not prepared for."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:46 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"I see."

Mogami's eyes show a frown from behind the fan. A glint of sadness, anger, and then hope shine in them.

"The order you now head, can you tell me more of it? I have been given the task of command as well, though instead of samurai, my superiors have given me these two."

She motions to her budoka.

Kayou nods. "The Order of Harmonious Work is dedicated to helping the common people by working with them and finding ways to grow more and better crops, build stronger and safer homes and generally strengthen the base of the Empire. Currently we just have the one house in the Sparrow lands but this one is hoping to gain support from some of the Clan to expand the order and its holdings."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:49 pm 

The Shakanar wrote:
He sent out soothing waves through the Akasha, seeking to lead The Saravya to harmony and peace. "Honor binds them tight. They will not seek to break the treaty we have unless we give them reason to believe that we have. It is a narrow path we traverse, but it is one that we can." He looked over to The Hilsilage "What sort of interesting man? And what is he known by, if one may inquire?"

(4 harmony points to The Saravya)

The Hilsilage wrote:
"Why, The Iko we just spoke to."

The Hilsilage feels the peace within the Akasha and cannot help but to add his own centered nature to it.

(2 Harmony to the Saravya)

The Saravya nodded, listening, moving closer to both on instinct. "The Iko? What kind of progress?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:53 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"If I could have you permission to study these records in the coming days, I would appriciate it greatly, sister. The Heavenly Dragons have been a subject of interest to me in how I try to find my path to enlightenment, and I might learn something new in doing so." She inclined her head respectfully.

"I think my Champion intends for me to understand it more, but he didn't exactly elaborate upon it as mystery was presented to me." She smiled sheepishly again. "One must make the best of a mystery they were not prepared for."

"From your champion? Quite an honor, Dragon-sama. The most complex mysteries are those we are not prepared for, but they are the ones they teach the most about the self. For without preparation, we learn not only the answer to the mystery, but also how we seek answers."

She holds up a finger. "That said, the temple does not allow many to study. The temple holds many secrets that are not for those who are unprepared. Better that you are given a partner to study with, so that you do not begin down the wrong path."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:55 pm 

A soft sound, the equivalent of a chuckle in the Naga tongue, and the feel of amusement, though not cruel amusement, through the Akasha. "Togashi Iko is a woman." he switched back to the Rokugani tongue, so that none would think they were plotting. "She is also a veteran of the War of Broken Fangs, and likely has some....concerns when she found herself surrounded by people that she once waged war against."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next