It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:35 pm

Post subject: The Counsel of Dragons [Day 2, LM]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:39 pm 

The snowstorm had convinced Miwako of the necessity to seek guidance from the elements. What she had planned was something she had not attempted before. It was reassuring to have her husband beside her.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

Post subject: Re: The Counsel of Dragons [Day 2, LM]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:40 pm 

Somgai stands nearby, an unusually stoic impression on his face.

Carries/wears: Biwa, Go set, wakizashi

Spiritually Gifted individuals might see a faint outline of three ghostly tails that aren't quite there attached to Somgai.

Run by GM "YOLO" Lucidicide.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:50 pm 

She paid proper respect to the temple, focusing especially on the cleansing rites before offering prayers of reverence to each dragon. Once finished, she offered her husband a warm smile.

"I will return as soon as I can."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:55 pm 

He bows. "Be safe, my love."

He scans the nearby temple, keeping close watch over his wife. What she was about to do had him somewhat distracted, but he would ensure her safety.

Carries/wears: Biwa, Go set, wakizashi

Spiritually Gifted individuals might see a faint outline of three ghostly tails that aren't quite there attached to Somgai.

Run by GM "YOLO" Lucidicide.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:03 pm 

She sat before the representation of the Dragon of Water once more and closed her eyes in meditation. Focusing on her close connection to water, she let go of her physical form and attempted to follow that connection in spirit. Miwako had never sought to travel to the heavens before.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:41 pm 

Miwako feels her spirit leave her body. When she opens her eyes, she is in a new place.

The landscape seems to be made up of clouds with shining beams of light piercing through them in places. There is a sense of serene peace here, and there is nary a shadow to be seen as a warm, soft light pervades the land.

Miwako finds herself on a road made up of interlocking materials, which might be described as rock, but seems to have more of a sheen than normal rocks. It winds in both directions: behind her a gentle slope downward getting lost in the clouds; in front of her is a gentle slope upwards with a slight shimmer in the far distance.

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:55 pm 

Reflexively, she took a calming breath and stepped forward. She followed the path upward, glancing around but focusing on the shimmer ahead..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:59 pm 

As she walks ahead, the shape of a mighty gate arises from the clouds, sparkling in the light.

In front of the gates stands a short, elderly monk.

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:02 pm 

She approached and bowed deeply, waiting to be acknowledged.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:10 pm 

He is wearing a wide brimmed hat that makes it difficult to see his eyes, particularly as he is shorter than you.

"Hello. We don't see many like you here."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:13 pm 

"I imagine not, and I do not wish to disturb the peace and tranquility of this place." she explained. "To the contrary, my hope is to restore some of that to Ningendo, which is suffering multiple imbalances, of the elements and the spirits."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:14 pm 

"Is it, now?"

He is not very forthcoming, obviously.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:21 pm 

"It is." she nodded. "I seek the guidance of the Heavens, though I admit that this is an unconventional method."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:29 pm 

"It is." His hat moves up and down as if nodding. "If things are out of balance, it makes sense that one would seek unconventional methods to solving unconventional problems. What guidance do you seek?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:46 pm 

"The elements themselves." she answered. "As a servant of Water, I seek an audience with the Dragons of Heaven."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:03 pm 

"That is not a small request. Are you deserving of such an audience?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:13 pm 

That was the question she had struggled with. Her Isawa blood screamed yes, but she wasn't quite that bold.

"I have served the elements and the Heavens dutifully, without question. It is that duty that brought me here, for I know what happens below must be of some concern to those above. I am here to serve." She lowered her head respectfully. "Whether I am worthy to do so, is for them and for you to decide."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:29 pm 

There is silence for awhile, and Miwako can feel an intense gaze upon her, piercing right through her.

"You have Honor, but not so much as some. Your footsteps, should you be let through the gates, may leave an impression felt through Tengoku for a long time. Your path, though it may be towards the light, may stray unwillingly toward the moon."

He takes a step forward and his hand falls to his side, as if to a sword you cannot see.

"If you wish to move forward knowing this, what drives your steps?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:46 pm 

She had known Lord Moon's influence would be a risk. Very many things about this path could prove hazardous. She might not even return to her family.

Fear. Desire. Regret.

They had plagued her for days after arriving in Toshi no Omoidoso and made her question this path. She had tried to push them out of her mind, to remove them from her thoughts. Finally, she had accepted that they would always be there, shadows of doubt. But, they would not stop her.

Miwako was prepared to embrace whatever fate awaited her, as any Phoenix should.

"Duty."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:07 pm 

He steps back and opens the gates a crack. "They will not open further for one such as you, but it is enough."

It is true, Miwako can fit through, but just barely.