It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:36 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 2 - LE] Redbone (Kashiwagi's Room - Closed)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:02 pm 

Sara's own eyes darkened. "That must have been horrible. I was backstage, getting ready."

She placed her tea cop down. "I am glad to see you arrived here safely."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:05 pm 

"Ah, I thought you looked familiar," he said with some recognition. "I am also glad you were able to make it through."

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:18 pm 

Sara nodded in acceptance. "Your kind thoughts are appreciated. I hope your wife is doing well? Perhaps she has time for a new book, now that she is at home?" There was some hopefulness in her voice as she spoke.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:26 pm 

"She did not join me at Winter Court, much to my relief," he said with a nod. "She is with child, I was actually anxious to be heading home... but duty calls."

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:54 pm 

"I certainly understand. You are agood husband and good vassal Asako-sama." She took a sip of tea, before placing it down. "May I ask your opinion on everything that is going on at the moment?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:11 pm 

"Of course, Shosuro-san," he said kindly.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:57 pm 

"What is your opinion on the situation with the refugees? What do you expect to happen next?" She asked with mild curiosity.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:06 pm 

“I expect that the Lion are reviewing their stores and reserves and seeing just how much they can afford to spare. Those that do not make it inside the walls will be turned away at some point, it becomes the deadly calculations of war. If we let more in then we starve in so many days; these will be hard decisions. Especially as the numbers swell outside the walls until they either leave for elsewhere or perish,” he said grimly.

“Inside we will have to keep spirits up and make sure that people have the bare needs met, or we will face conflict and escalating tensions. On top of possible insurgency by spies acting as refugees…”

He sighed heavily and added, “Be alert and diligent and do not go into the city alone or anywhere at night especially, alone. Regardless of gender or training.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:38 pm 

Sara bashfully lowered her eyes as Kashiwagi spoke. "Arigatou Asako-sama for your concern for me, it is quite impressive of you. I did not have plans to mingle among these refugees, but it does seem that a deadly calculation must go on currently in the Governor's mind. I wonder what does Bushido say on the matter? Would allowing people in to starve, or turning them away to freeze to death would be the most Compassionate act in these trying circumstances?"

She raised the cup to her lips to drink some more, here in the warm comfort of the castle."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:55 pm 

"It would not but a Lord has a duty to see to his retainers and people, should he allow them to starve and die? It is not an easy answer and Bushido demands much of any samurai," he replied.

"In the war we had to put down the wounded to keep the pace demanded of us by our General, we did so as humanely as we could but was that Compassion or cruelty?" he added.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:08 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"It would not but a Lord has a duty to see to his retainers and people, should he allow them to starve and die? It is not an easy answer and Bushido demands much of any samurai," he replied.

"In the war we had to put down the wounded to keep the pace demanded of us by our General, we did so as humanely as we could but was that Compassion or cruelty?" he added.

Sara nodded. "I am not a scholar of Bushido by any means, Asako-sama, but I would think that a samurai's life is their lord's. It is their duty to serve their lord best as they can." She took another sip of tea.

"Of course a lord has his or her own duty to take care of their vassals. It is a delicate balance."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:28 pm 

"That is the key, that we must maintain a balance," he said kindly.

"Though in my own experience we get through these tough times by helping each other. So know that the Phoenix are pledged to aid any that will help defend the city. We would prefer peace but I do not see that as an option."

"But that is a heady topic, you said you were preparing a play at Winter Court, what were you going to put on?" he asked.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:34 pm 

"Oh, it is a classic tragic play about starcrossed lovers." She smiled ruefully. "Perhaps a safe bet, but one can never go wrong with the classics, eh? It was called Hearts and Honor."

She placed the tea to the side. "Alas it has been put away for a short while at least. It would seem in bad taste if we were to put on a play meant for the late Emperor."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:44 pm 

"Hearts and Honor? Truly a classic, is it a favorite of yours?" he asked.

"What would you consider to be a dream role to play?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:10 pm 

"Yes, classics are classics for a reason." She tapped her finger on the table for a short while. "I cannot say if I have a dream role...a true actress does not limit herself, but sees options everywhere. I am always interested in a starring role, of course, especially if it's unusual."

She eyed him in curiosity. "Is Asako-sama planning a follow up book to his epic Echoes of the Akasha?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:28 pm 

That brought genuine laughter to Kashiwagi as he replied, "Have you read the book, epic is not a word I have seen attributed to it!"

"But yes, I plan to revise it in the future and branch out to other subjects."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:35 pm 

"I did start reading it, but did not have much time to finish" She smiled sheepishly.

"Oh? What other subjects?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:04 pm 

"Fiction, like my wife, though I find that infinitely more difficult to wade into actually," he said.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:26 am 

"Oh? That sounds a tad unusual. You can build on historical precedence though, it is a common enough tactic."

She idly played with her cup. "Would it be still about the Naga Asako-sama?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:35 am 

“I have interests outside the Naga, and I am not sure how well that would be received among samurai. People like to see themselves in the heroes and even some villains, an alien creature they have little understanding of is hard to…” he paused looking for the right word.

“Identify with, and that seems important for any work of fiction. Or stories in general, if you don;t care about the people involved the story will fall flat unless the goal is to describe how all of them die horribly,” he mused darkly.

TN 0 to be Recognized.