It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:56 am 

"After all of the days on the road, I think I am overdue for a dojo session. I get the feeling that dojo here are far different than the ones at a home but that would probably be the best way to acquaint myself. I shall do my best to be there, Bayushi-san, and thank you for the conversation."

Wasako returned the bow in kind.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:04 am 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
Tetsuko smiled and sipped at her tea. That was a suitably bold development. The Lion would inevitably be forced to turn from its prey to defend its ally. She turned it so that its back was to the tortoise.

This would give the reptile a chance to right itself. She cast her gaze around the court room before returning it to her friend. Origami could be such an entertaining artform.

Rin was nodding. He looked up, perhaps someone had said something to distract him, but no it was only for a moment and his concentration returned to the origami. The chance of escape was there, would the Tortoise take it?

Yes it would, but it was hindered by its form.

Rin turned the stricken figurine back upright, but only moved it a fraction away from the others.

Status 1.0 * Glory 2.0 * Honour Exceptional

Carries: Daisho, fan. When appropriate: Light Armour and Yumi.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:00 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"After all of the days on the road, I think I am overdue for a dojo session. I get the feeling that dojo here are far different than the ones at a home but that would probably be the best way to acquaint myself. I shall do my best to be there, Bayushi-san, and thank you for the conversation."

Wasako returned the bow in kind.

He nodded his head slowly, taking in her words. "Then I'll see you...if I see you."

And with that he exited the court room, seemingly in a decent mood.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:18 am 

"Carry the Fortunes, Bayushi-san." She said in parting.

After watching him leave, she figured that she managed to survive her very first day in court without incident. She even talked to a Scorpion and an Asako Inquisitor too! Figuring that she shouldn't push her luck and further, she was more than pleased to call it a day, retreating to the sidelines to watch the remainder of the proceedings. She had a feeling the Governor might conclude the proceedings formally, especially with how open the floor had been during this afternoon's session.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:19 am 

When she reached a natural break in her conversation with Horonigai, Chiyo stepped away and moved to address the court.

"The Glorious Son of Heaven has been called back to Tenogku - may he shine as brightly in the heavens as he shone on Ningen-do," she began.

"He was a noble soul who looked out for the good of the Empire - a compassionate man, who sought guidance where he needed it. A brave man, who took on what challenges he needed facing. The one who succeeds him should be as he was. Brave enough to face the evils of our day. Wise enough to seek the counsel of others. Compassionate enough to see the value of all of their subjects."

(Court/Awa, TN 20 = 45 = 2 imperialist points))

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:27 am 

A medium sized woman in priestly dress speaks of historical precedent. The unbroken line of Hantei, 22 generations of stable leadership. Toshiko has vast knowledge of the history of the empire and uses it well to weave a story of continuity into the future. Traditions that will be upheld for all time.

The Empress is the only choice, she was married to the last Emperor and produced a child together. That child is the future of the Empire, regardless of the return of Hantei XVI.

((D1 EA, Court Room Debates, Imperialist, 2 points, Courtier/Awareness TN20 1 Called Raise

6k3 = 33. Pass.))

Carries: Scrolls, ink & brush, paper, small mirror, fan, pearl.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:42 am 

Seppun Chiyo wrote:
"It makes little sense. One thing, however, is certain. We must protect the younger Hantei by all means necessary."

Horonigai looks down to her hands. The same that held the body of the fallen Emperor. She feels the blood dripping from her fingers. The metallic odor that came from the pool of blood undearneath her and the Child of Heavens, as she held him embraced. She hears the shouting of the bushi while she desperately tried to contain the bleeding.

Seppun Chiyo wrote:
When she reached a natural break in her conversation with Horonigai, Chiyo stepped away and moved to address the court.

The young Miharu that failed at her task curls her hands into fists, and hides them under her long sleeves, crossing arms at her back.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:45 am 

Kakita Rin wrote:
Rin was nodding. He looked up, perhaps someone had said something to distract him, but no it was only for a moment and his concentration returned to the origami. The chance of escape was there, would the Tortoise take it?

Yes it would, but it was hindered by its form.

Rin turned the stricken figurine back upright, but only moved it a fraction away from the others.

The Scorpion moved next. But what was its plan? It scuttled around to flank both the Naga and the Lion. Presumably it was aiding its ally, but who really knew what it was intending?

Meanwhile yet another Lion was announcing support for the Empress. Hardly a surprise. She wondered how many of her cousins in the Empress' Guard had survived the alleged events of the Hantei's court.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:48 am 

"Hai, Shimizu-sama. This is the Way." Kōgyoku offered her empathy to his adherence to Bushido and bowed, then went silent as the governor addressed the court.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:06 am 

(No more Influence Rolls may be made in this thread.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:28 am 

"That is quite a respectful approach Matsu-san, I can only commend you on it." She smiled as she spoke, before turning towards the Dragon.

"You must have seen much of the Empire then, Agasha-san? I assume your schooling included some travel?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:31 am 

Mogami nods to Sara in appreciation, her eyes showing the emotion despite the fan covering her face and turns to look to the Dragon.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:20 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
The Scorpion moved next. But what was its plan? It scuttled around to flank both the Naga and the Lion. Presumably it was aiding its ally, but who really knew what it was intending?

Meanwhile yet another Lion was announcing support for the Empress. Hardly a surprise. She wondered how many of her cousins in the Empress' Guard had survived the alleged events of the Hantei's court.

If he was listening to the chatter of the Court then he gave no indication, content to focus on the ongoing Origami battlefield. One could never predict a Scorpion and many shireikan had failed their clans trying to. Better to focus on what can be done, rather than predict what might.

The Tortoise continued it's slow attempt at escape towards the tea pot.

Status 1.0 * Glory 2.0 * Honour Exceptional

Carries: Daisho, fan. When appropriate: Light Armour and Yumi.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:08 pm 

Giving a soft sigh, Poemu shook her head a bit. "Hai, well, not nearly enough to say I was well traveled. The training for the Miya still mostly takes place in their own lands, though there was some excursions to the lands the Unicorn now claim as their own. I've come to know Dragon lands quite well in my touring as a diplomat before I was assigned here, and I like to think I know Lion lands a lot better as well, but there is so much more to see... such as Scorpion lands."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:16 pm 

"Well, if either of you will be visiting Scorpion lands, do le met me know. Especially Ryoko Owari, being as I am a native of that wonderful city." She smiled, missing her home now more than ever.

"What is your favorite place you have visited so far Agasha-sama?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:19 pm 

"Oh, I..." She trailed off thoughtfully before her smile warmed softly. "Other than my homelands that is... I quite enjoy Miya lands. They are not grand certainly, but there is a simplicity that reminds one of a well built temple when seeing them. They are peaceful, yet with a touch of the wild that I have yet to find so peaceful elsewhere. What of yourself Shosuro-san, Matsu-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 pm 

"I have been only to a handful of places myself. The plains on the Western Lion lands overlooking the Eastern Unicorn lands are gorgeous. They are what inspired me to request this fan."

Her courtiers fan is an elegant golden plain with a lone caste in the distance, a beautfil sunset painting the horizon.

"There is...something about the vast sea of grasses that is majestic"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:05 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Seppun Chiyo wrote:
"It makes little sense. One thing, however, is certain. We must protect the younger Hantei by all means necessary."

Horonigai looks down to her hands. The same that held the body of the fallen Emperor. She feels the blood dripping from her fingers. The metallic odor that came from the pool of blood undearneath her and the Child of Heavens, as she held him embraced. She hears the shouting of the bushi while she desperately tried to contain the bleeding.

Seppun Chiyo wrote:

The young Miharu that failed at her task curls her hands into fists, and hides them under her long sleeves, crossing arms at her back.

Chiyo returned to her place at Horonigai's side.

"Forgive my brief absence, Horonigai-sama. I felt the need to say something. My mother's ancestors would rebuke me had I remained silent at such a momentous moment I think."

She held up her hands.

"My father's may rebuke me for speaking so quickly."

Seeing that the young miharu was struggling with something, Chiyo softened her tone, her question taking on an air of gravity.

"Forgive me - I am sure this is all a lot to process, given your proximity. Let me know if I can do anything, my friend," she finished, steeling herself to support the younger girl if needed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:40 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"I have been only to a handful of places myself. The plains on the Western Lion lands overlooking the Eastern Unicorn lands are gorgeous. They are what inspired me to request this fan."

Her courtiers fan is an elegant golden plain with a lone caste in the distance, a beautfil sunset painting the horizon.

"There is...something about the vast sea of grasses that is majestic"

Sara nodded at both answers. "Well, compared to such well travelled companions, I must hide in shame. I was born and raised in Ryoko Owari, and merely traveled some in Scorpion lands before turning to Lion lands for the first time this winter. The plains do seem to be begging for a poem from you Matsu-san, you must indulge them at some point." She smiled in a teasing manner at the Lioness.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:12 pm 

"I have never been good at putting my thoughts into poetry, Shosuro-san. Perhaps if someone were to show me how, I could gain inspiration?"

She looks between the two women, as if suggesting they may be poets.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next