It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:15 pm

Post subject: Re: [D1LE] Haunting Melody
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 pm 

A wry half-smile. "I fear that even acting basics would be wasted on me." Touki murmured in his deep voice. "And yet... a good samurai cultivates themselves as, well, as a garden, tending to each plant in turn. If you would show me..." He inclined his head, just a little.

Touki turned towards Sara. His lips parted, cheeks just the slightest bit flushed... eyes uncertain as he hesitated. On one level, well, he was a young man. He couldn't help but respond to Sara's manner, to her husky tone. How long had it been since he had flirted with a beautiful woman? He'd done so since his bereavement, but it had always felt strange, as it did now.

Was he supposed to feel guilty, or not? Did he feel guilty, or not?

All of this may or may not have been visible to Sara, as a sudden swirl of emotion across Touki's face, and in his dark eyes. Finally, he took a breath, glancing half-away. "Why... I meant acting, or swordplay. But any matter of things could be practiced; we would only be limited by our imagination." Was there a hint of playfulness in his monotone voice? Sara could probably tell more easily than he coould.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:29 pm 

"Well, I would gladly help cultivate your cultural garden Akodo-san." she glanced away at pretense shyness.

She scooted an inch closer as she turned her face back, observing his face closely. "Do you consider yourself a person with vast imagination Akodo-san?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:45 pm 

"Is that so?" Touki half-smiled, his eyes glinting as she looked away. "You make me think that I should take you up on that, Shosuro-san."

Touki's lips parted again as Sara inched closer, hesitating once more. It was hard to tell, but perhaps he shifted the tiniest bit closer as well. His eyes flickered briefly (guiltily?) away before coming back to meet hers. His dark eyes glinted with interest, but there was a deeper sadness there, too. "I might not say vast, miss." He said, his voice deep, soft. "But if this is a dream after all, I've already imagined an interesting conversation with a beautiful young woman. Who knows what I might imagine next?"

In fact, the gently falling snow, the quiet and the dark, did lend a dream-like quality to the scene.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:29 pm 

A soft, barely audible laugh left her lips from behind the fan. "Well, I hope your other dreams will be similar then in the coming nights." Her eyes twinkled in humor, boring into his.

He has nice eyes.

She extended her hand, a few pieces of snow landing on it. "You could imagine some nice spring weather, for one."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:50 pm 

In fact, Touki was having much the same thought about Sara's eyes as their shared gaze lingered, although with an added she has a nice laugh. "Perhaps they shall be, Shosuro-san. One may hope." He wasn't sure whether to hope or not, the conflict evident in his expressive eyes.

He looked at her outstretched hand, admiring her grace. "I shall do what I can." He said, amusement audible in his deep voice. "But I find my thoughts turn naturally to snow during this season." His gaze went up, not quite skyward. "It is quite lovely though, in its cold way."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:23 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
In fact, Touki was having much the same thought about Sara's eyes as their shared gaze lingered, although with an added she has a nice laugh. "Perhaps they shall be, Shosuro-san. One may hope." He wasn't sure whether to hope or not, the conflict evident in his expressive eyes.

He looked at her outstretched hand, admiring her grace. "I shall do what I can." He said, amusement audible in his deep voice. "But I find my thoughts turn naturally to snow during this season." His gaze went up, not quite skyward. "It is quite lovely though, in its cold way."

"Oh?" Her smile turned into a charming, but slightly wicked smile. "Your preference lies with cold beautiues?" She tilted her head at him. "Does the tale of the nearby Yuki Onna inspire you Akodo-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:12 pm 

Touki smiled, just a little. "I appreciate cold beauty." His eyes traced the graceful angle of her tilted head. "But there is something to be said for warmth too, don't you think?" He shifted a little as he sat. As close as they were, and as cold as it was, he almost imagined that he could feel her warmth, and she his. An accidental movement might bring them into contact... Touki's cheeks flushed as he felt desire and guilt grow in roughly equal measure. The surreal nature of the scene made anything seem possible, though, even his actions having some distance from his conscious mind.

"Oh?" A real smile then; still small, but unmistakable, Touki's dark eyes glinting. "Inspire? I don't know. Instead, I suddenly think I should be wary of beautiful women that I encounter alone at night. Perhaps her skin is cold to the touch, and her lips have the power to freeze men down to their bones."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:20 pm 

Another soft giggle escaped from behind her fan, before she slowly shut it and placed it in her lap. Her gaze was focused on his face? "Oh? Are you feeling alright Akodo-san? You seem a bit...red."

Her inched again closer. "Oh? Is that truly what you think? Here I thought Fear and Regret were sins to be avoided." Her face curved into the same smile as before.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:31 pm 

Clearing his throat, Touki's chin tilted upwards, just a little, highlighting the masculine lines of his features. "I'm sure it is just the chill of the wind, miss." Touki deflected. His dark eyes flickered to her, scanning her features. Would he find a similar blush on her lovely face? A glint of interest in her eyes?

How long had it been since anyone had shown an interest in him? Or, perhaps more pertinently, how long since he'd shown interest in someone else?

Touki's breath briefly caught as Sara shifted closer still. The thought that she was a temptress sent to suborn him crossed his mind... but suborn him to what? "They are." Touki murmured. "Caution, though, is acceptable." He paused a moment. "I note that you do not mention desire, Shosuro-san."

He shifted again. This time, he let his knee brush against hers, the warmth of him tangible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:06 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Clearing his throat, Touki's chin tilted upwards, just a little, highlighting the masculine lines of his features. "I'm sure it is just the chill of the wind, miss." Touki deflected. His dark eyes flickered to her, scanning her features. Would he find a similar blush on her lovely face? A glint of interest in her eyes?

How long had it been since anyone had shown an interest in him? Or, perhaps more pertinently, how long since he'd shown interest in someone else?

Touki's breath briefly caught as Sara shifted closer still. The thought that she was a temptress sent to suborn him crossed his mind... but suborn him to what? "They are." Touki murmured. "Caution, though, is acceptable." He paused a moment. "I note that you do not mention desire, Shosuro-san."

He shifted again. This time, he let his knee brush against hers, the warmth of him tangible.

"I would not wish you to fall ill, dear Akodo-san." Her eyes and lips smiled at him, her pale skin white as the falling snow. "Caution? You are quite right. Desire?" She placed a finger on her lower lip. "Mhm, what about it Akodo-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:16 pm 

The gesture drew Touki's attention from her lovely pale skin to her lips. He took a deep breath, shoulders rising and falling noticeably.

"I merely noticed its absence, miss." Touki murmured in his low voice, his dark eyes still on her smiling lips. "Perhaps... some might suggest that it is not always something to be avoided?" Another slight shift, and his knee came to rest, just barely touching hers. Easy enough to move away... or slightly closer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:20 pm 

Her own knee gently brushed as she moved as she settled herself into place.

"Mhmm" was her only response for a short while, before responding.

"Truly Akodo-san? You have the features of a model samurai." She moved in closer and lowered her voice. "I would not have thought that you were such a...scoundrel." The last word came out quite huskier than the others.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:57 pm 

Closer still. Touki felt his heart beat faster. It was exhilarating, flirting like this. Or maybe terrifying, in a way, especially with that underlying guilt.

But what did it matter, anyway?

"Scoundrel?" Touki breathed. "What have I yet done to earn the word scoundrel?" His eyes were still on her lips as they moved closer still, their faces mere inches apart...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:05 pm 

Sara slowly moved closer her face inches from him...as she turned her face until her lips were near his ears, warm words worming their way.

"You tempt me sir."

She pulled back and flashed a wicked smile, then slowly straightened up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:10 pm 

Touki couldn't help but shiver at the feel of her hot breath on his ear. Desire coursed through him...

And then she was standing. Touki looked up at her, his expression just a little sheepish... but his dark eyes still glinting. Her words... her words intrigued him.

Touki rose to his feet gracefully enough, only slightly troubled by any stiffness. "Well. It is getting late. Perhaps we should part ways." He bowed, his eyes on hers. "Until we meet again, Shosuro-san?" And perhaps we can tempt each other further.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:20 pm 

Sara smiled, no bashfulness to be found anywhere. "Of course Akodo-san." Her smile widened even more. "It is my desire to meet you yet another time."

She raised her fan and bowed to him deeply, before slowly making her

/exit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:31 pm 

Touki watched her go. It wasn't until she was gone that he let out a breath he wasn't aware he was holding.

How rather like a dream that all was. A dream he would very much like to have again. Perhaps to dream deeper. And yet, there was still that core of guilt.

His wife had been gone for almost two years now. Was it wrong to exchange clever words with a beautiful woman? To watch her eyes and smile? Or even more than that? Few would say so, but Touki could still feel those pangs, deep inside. Perhaps desire is different. Fear and regret feel much the same to me.

With a last glance, Touki turned and left. To real dreams.

/scene