It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: D2 EM - Replacing the Lost
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:16 pm 

"I was watching your performance to Lady Sun and wanted to say your devotion moved me."

She then motioned to her two Budoka.

"Additionally, I thought perhaps it was time for Tsuruga and Fuwa to learn something from outside Leadership, as their station benefits greatly from the Little Teacher."

As Mogami looks at Kayou, she feels something pull inside her toward the woman. The sensation gives her pause, and she looks intensely at the nun.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:20 pm 

Kioka wrote:
She spots her sitting in meditation in the distance, but as Tsukimi nears, her eyes open and she bows her head in greeting.

Tsukimi bowed respectfully. "Sister, may I have a moment of your time?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:49 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"It is a rather splendid Temple isn't it." Iko agreed as she lifted herself to her feet and approached the creature.

"I wiah I was more of a student of religion to explain it competently. My sensei told me your culture is long and storied as well. Far more ancient than my own."

The Hilsilage nods at this and seems about to speak, then thinks better of it in the suddenly crowded environs. He wisely allows his superior to speak first, though the other naga will since a wincing through the Akasha.

"Please pardon our curiosity. Your people's history is the history of the Bright and Pale eyes, just as ours is. We are both as old as Heaven. But there was a great stretch where we lived and worked before your people came to this world, and there is much we can learn from each other's stories. Perhaps we could formally discuss it later."

The Hilsilage provides a bow again.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:51 pm 

Kayou bows her head. "This one is always happy to teach of the Tao, Matsu-san."

Just then a memory hit her of a young Matsu girl chasing butterflies in a garden during a visit from her older cousin. "Forgive me, Matsu-san. But before your gempukku were you know as Akari?"

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:56 pm 

Mogami's On falters and a deep frown crosses her features. She takes a slow step forward and gazes deeper at Kayou.

"...Yes, that was the name Akodo Takarada and Matsu Kanae gave me before I chose Mogami upon my Gempukku from the Akodo War College..."

Her words are slow and calculated.

"....Matsu Maiko-sama?"

She asks tensely, hesitation and tension in her question

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:01 pm 

Kayou smiles, just slightly touched by sadness. "Once, in another life, Matsu-san. This one is now, Kayou, Abbess of the Order of Harmonious Work."

"This one is pleased, both as who she is and who she was, to see you. You must have lived up to the promise your father spoke so highly up to have reached your gempukku so soon."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:07 pm 

Mogami suddenly goes tense and takes a step back.

"I was told you died in battle. And just days ago I was protecting the lives of those coming here in the wake of our ancestors slaying anyone who got in their path..."

She reaches instinctively for the Yumi on her back, only to realize it was not there and she hesitates, falling into a basic unarmed stance. Her two budoka seem confused but follow suit.

"I want no blood to be spilled here, spirit. This is sacred ground."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:14 pm 

Kayou cannot help but laugh and she holds her palms out and open, showing a lack of hostility,

"This one is not returned from the spirit realms, Matsu-san. Her reported death was . . . a bureaucratic mistake." Even after all these years and meditation, a trace of bitterness remains. "One that lead her to join the Brotherhood. She is flesh and blood, she promises, the same body and soul that was Matsu Maiko before she took her oath to the Order."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:18 pm 

Something inside Mogami pulled stronger toward Kayou, as if the heavens themselves were drawing her to the woman.

Taking a cautious half step forward, Mogami drops her combat stance, but still seems tense. Her budoka follow suit.

"...I...."

Her words catch in her throat.

Confusion, joy, and despair fill her and it is too much. She blinks hard, a spot of moisture showing under her still teenage eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:20 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
Kioka wrote:
She spots her sitting in meditation in the distance, but as Tsukimi nears, her eyes open and she bows her head in greeting.

Tsukimi bowed respectfully. "Sister, may I have a moment of your time?"

"Of course."

She looks over the gathering crowd. "It appears no one could sleep in with all the excitement."

Run by GM "Know the Way" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:21 pm 

Kayou matches the step forward. "It is alright, Matsu-san. It must be a shock and we have all been under such strain. Please, be welcome and safe here. This one will aid you however she may."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:28 pm 

A few moments pass as Mogami collects herself. She dutifully reaches for her courtiers fan and hides her face, just the pupils of her eyes showing over the paper scene of a castle overlooking a golden plain at sunset.

"There is much I have to ask you, sensei."

She finally manages to speak after a time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:40 pm 

Kayou waits patiently, "As you will, Matsu-san. This one will answer as best she may.""

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:43 pm 

Kioka wrote:
"Of course."

She looks over the gathering crowd. "It appears no one could sleep in with all the excitement."

"It's understandable, when the day looks so uncertain," she agreed, taking a seat opposite of the Sojo.

"Am... I wrong to guess that you might be a scholar in regards to the Seven Heavenly Dragons? I am in need of speaking with someone who knows more about them than I do..."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:49 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"Am... I wrong to guess that you might be a scholar in regards to the Seven Heavenly Dragons? I am in need of speaking with someone who knows more about them than I do..."

Kioka tilts her head. "You are wrong to guess it, when you could just ask if this one is and be done." Her eyes twinkle a bit. "This one apologizes, sometimes when talking to a Dragon this one tries to speak in riddles."

"This one does not know if anyone is truly a scholar on the subject, but our temple has much knowledge about the Oracles as agents of the Dragons, and therefore might have more knowledge than most... what need have you to speak to one with such knowledge?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:50 pm 

Kayou wrote:
Kayou waits patiently, "As you will, Matsu-san. This one will answer as best she may.""

"How did you come to be Kayou?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:57 pm 

Kioka wrote:
Kioka tilts her head. "You are wrong to guess it, when you could just ask if this one is and be done." Her eyes twinkle a bit. "This one apologizes, sometimes when talking to a Dragon this one tries to speak in riddles."

"This one does not know if anyone is truly a scholar on the subject, but our temple has much knowledge about the Oracles as agents of the Dragons, and therefore might have more knowledge than most... what need have you to speak to one with such knowledge?"

The familiar nature of speaking in riddles was a welcome one, and Tsukimi couldn't help herself from a fond smile in response.

"No need for apologies. It is a welcome feeling of home. And if one can find a sense of home wherever they are, then all of the land is their home."

She cleared her throat. "My search today pertains to the matter of nemuranai that have ties to the Dragons. I was told of a story that happened a long time ago, when a Crab priest was gifted an artefact by Osano-wo-kami - a Hand of Jade - to protect the Empire against the darkness. It is my wish to learn more about this nemuranai."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:04 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
The familiar nature of speaking in riddles was a welcome one, and Tsukimi couldn't help herself from a fond smile in response.

"No need for apologies. It is a welcome feeling of home. And if one can find a sense of home wherever they are, then all of the land is their home."

She cleared her throat. "My search today pertains to the matter of nemuranai that have ties to the Dragons. I was told of a story that happened a long time ago, when a Crab priest was gifted an artefact by Osano-wo-kami - a Hand of Jade - to protect the Empire against the darkness. It is my wish to learn more about this nemuranai."

"Hmm. There may be some knowledge here about the Jade Dragon, of whom's scale I believe the item in question was made."

She thinks for a bit. "It is always good to wish to know more." She gives a slight smile. "You are still not very good at asking questions when you want answers."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:19 pm 

The Hilsilage wrote:
The Hilsilage nods at this and seems about to speak, then thinks better of it in the suddenly crowded environs. He wisely allows his superior to speak first, though the other naga will since a wincing through the Akasha.

"Please pardon our curiosity. Your people's history is the history of the Bright and Pale eyes, just as ours is. We are both as old as Heaven. But there was a great stretch where we lived and worked before your people came to this world, and there is much we can learn from each other's stories. Perhaps we could formally discuss it later."

The Hilsilage provides a bow again.

Saravya's arrival from behind startled Iko into wide-eyed silence. It took her several minutes to regain her composure.

"S-sure." Iko answered. "I might see if Ryuuta Kin-sama can join us, he has worked with your..." she struggles to find the word. Clan...people...species...
"Your delegation before."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:55 pm 

"I look forward to meeting Ryuuta Kin. Thank you."

The Hilsilage backs off as best he can to confer with the other snake people hopefully without giving anyone the sensation that they are plotting...

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next