It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:50 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 1, EE] Rally Point (Lions)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:36 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
She nodded. "And suggest a prayer. With the ancestral situation complicated as it is, I'd like to offer the right words and intentions to our forebears." She glanced toward the altar dedicated to Matsu Hitomi. For all her unease from the conversation with Izumi, Kōgyoku kept her faith in spiritual guidance of the Kitsu.

The shugenja guided the woman into the shrine, in the Haiden, the worshiping hall where most rituals took place. He saw the haraigushi and dedicated a silent prayer before it, with his hands together. He clapped three times before taking it and stood in front of the Matsu. After a deep breathe he spoke in a holier tone, "I am ready to here your words, sama." His eyes full of care and comprehension.

Carries: Wakizashi, Scroll satchel, bottle of water, flint and tinder, lantern, and knife.
The task of the priest is to save mankind. / Hito wo tasukéru ga shukké no yuku. /

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:36 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"I don't presume to tell them to act like a Samurai, they still know their roles. You won't find them speaking in court ever, nor would they dare presume to handle a Samurai's weapon. After all, even the Imperial Families have servants next to them. Compassion, Ikoma-san, tells us it is our duty in life to teach those below us. Plus, I find the fighting efficiency of my budoka to be far greater than even the most elite of Ashigaru. I have given them a taste of what their next life can be should they work hard enough, and they so far seem to not wish to give it up."

She motions to the two large packs the men have on their backs.

"After all, why would they wish to return to sleeping in the mud under the stars when we march with the army instead of inside a warm tent with tatami and blankets to put a barrier between them and the ground?"

Homura shook her head

"It's not me you would need to convince Matsu-sama. I see the value in what you're doing and support you. It's the Otomo in the background looking for any way to cause a divide, or the Bayushi looking for leverage. There is a difference between a servant bringing tea and one wearing the clothes of their betters. You have no reason to cross paths with an Otomo anyway, ne?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:38 pm 

"Hmm, you have a point. I had assumed just having them wear a basic kimono and keeping their heads down in court would be enough. What actions would you have me have them do to better blend with the normal servants?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:40 pm 

"Hmm..."

Homura turned to study them.

"You say you've taught them to read and write, hai? Introduce them as your scribes in court perhaps. That's an acceptable duty for a courtly setting."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:43 pm 

Finally, after hours of stillness, the two men can be seen shuffling a little, their knees clearly very sore.

"Ah, that is a good idea! And, even if their literacy is still poor, to many eyes it may appear to be cipher!"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:46 pm 

Well, not to brag, but I am a genius.

Homura smiled and nodded.

"Exactly so Matsu-sama. Although I would not claim it to be a Lion cipher, I wouldn't want anyone to think our handwriting is that bad. Perhaps your own families cipher or something. Or just avoid drawing attention to it, and let whoever looks decide. As long as you can read it, that is all that matters."

There was a chuckle as she noticed them rising.

"I believe they know they're being talked about."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:52 pm 

A quick look of pain crosses Mogami's face.

"Oh, we have been here some time, haven't we...."

She walks over to her two budoka and speaks quietly.

"I believe you have shown your gratitude and given thanks for long enough. Stand and take a few moments to allow your knees to rest. Walk the shrine and look upon the images within, and then report back here."

The men rise, slowly and a little shakily, and then bow to Mogami and Homura before doing as they were told.

Turning back to Homura

"So tell me Ikoma-san, I have a path laid before me from my father. What path do you see yourself on? You clearly show excellent skill in courts, and have been invited to the Emperor's Court proper as a courtier. Perhaps hosting one in Ikoma lands someday while your daimyo is away?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:57 pm 

She really treats them like people. How weird.

Homura waited politely for Mogami to return, giving her a smile when she did.

"Host a court? Hmm, I truly had never even considered such a thing. Perhaps I may one day be considered for such a prestigious honour, but I never think too far ahead. You're only one strike away from death at any point, ne? Even more so in the courts. Both my parents were courtiers, so that would be where my expectations lay for the future, although I prefer the art of the duel over the art of the word."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:01 pm 

"Forgive me, I may have mistakenly presented my words as ambition. I had just wondered if your Lord had given you a glimpse of what they have in store for your future."

Mogami then looks to Homura's hips and notices the Daisho.

"How could I not have noticed earlier! I would love to see your stance someday. The art of Iaijutsu is incredibly beautiful. I only have a rudimentary knowledge, once my instructors saw I favored the Yumi, it has been where most all my martial training has gone."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:22 pm 

Homura chuckled.

"I would be happy to put a demonstration on, in a trade for a display of your art that circumstances unfortunately denied. I have little experience with the bow after all, and I do enjoy learning. Especially when the sensei is delightful as well" she lowered her head respectfully to Mogami.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:26 pm 

Mogami returns the head bow in kind.

"Well, between a demonstration of skills, tea, and stories, we have quite the date"

Her voice breaks on the last word, her misstep making her freeze.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:31 pm 

We do indeed darling~

"Hai indeed Matsu-sama" Homura didn't change anything on her reaction, just smiling sweetly at the other woman "an exchange of skills and stories over tea sounds like a very enjoyable time together, ne?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:49 pm 

"A nice release from the worries of the current situation. I look forward to it."

She gives a bow.

"For now however, I do believe I have some additional matters to attend. There are still many more members of the other clans I need to account for so I can make a proper report to the Governor."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:58 pm 

"Of course. I think I will return to my room and prepare for the coming days. Maybe even check out the famous Onsen that is here. Cleansing is important, ne?"

Homura bowed.

"May the Fortunes watch over you Matsu-sama."

She moved closer to walk past the woman, adding in a lower voice for only Mogami to hear "until our date" before moving onwards and unless stopped;

/exit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:20 pm 

Kitsu Shukei wrote:
The shugenja guided the woman into the shrine, in the Haiden, the worshiping hall where most rituals took place. He saw the haraigushi and dedicated a silent prayer before it, with his hands together. He clapped three times before taking it and stood in front of the Matsu. After a deep breathe he spoke in a holier tone, "I am ready to here your words, sama." His eyes full of care and comprehension.

Kōgyoku had faithfully participated in the rite so far. Asked, she bowed her head. "I wish to honour my ancestors with a devout prayer for their guidance. But I have met my namesake that lived in the times of the Shining Prince and she has challenged my commitment to Bushido even though the step she has dissented is what my duty to my lord dictates. How can I reconcile it, Kitsu-san, were I to pray to her?" She asked quietly. "Would she even listen, being among the living again?"