It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:59 pm

Post subject: [D2 EM] Brimstone for Breakfast
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:12 am 

Sara still felt the gunk on her, as well as the wonderful sulfur smell from the baths.

Still, being clean was better, she could use perfume to try and hide the smell at least.

She sighed as she slowly lowered herself into the baths.

Post subject: Re: [D2 EM] Brimstone for Breakfast
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:17 am 

Having done the scrubbing, Kōgyoku approached the pool in her functional, short yukata, bowing to its current occupant. Her untied hair flowed down freely.

"Good morning, samurai-san. Would you be opposed to me joining you in the pool?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:33 am 

Sara looked up lazily. "Shosuro Sara, samurai-san. Please, be my guest." She waved at a free spot in the onsen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:45 am 

"Matsu Kōgyoku, a magistrate." The Lion completed introductions. "Thank you for your consideration." She turned to disrobe then slipped nimbly into the water at the opposite end. She didn't seem perturbed the the sulphuric vapour. She submerged fully yet quickly once, then settled on a stone beneath. "Have you arrived from Morikage Toshi?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:52 am 

"Hai, Matsu-sama. I was set to star in a play there." She eyed the magistrate warily. "Yourself?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:21 am 

"I have been a local for a while." She said modestly, but then decided to try some small talk. She didn't reciprocate the wary disposition. "What was the play meant to be about?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:35 am 

Approaching the onsen, familiar with the smell of the place by now it was an easy thing to pass from distraction. "Greetings, Samurai-sama," she said, standing on the edge of the water and looking out over the area. Taking in a deep breath of air she leaned her head back and exhaled. Rolling her shoulders and stretching out her arms quickly.

Looking back, she slipped into the pool apart from them at the start as to not disturb their conversation any more than she already had. All the many tattoo's that donned the woman would give at least some hint as to just whom she belonged.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:22 pm 

"Ohyao Togashi-san?" Sara asked uncertainly. The tattooes seemed to indicate so, but still.

"I was just speaking about my play with Matsu-sama here." She inclined her head towards the Lioness. "The play is a tragic romance, between friends and lovers whose duties pull them apart."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:38 pm 

Arriving just a bit later was a reasonably handsome young man, a bushi by build and a Crane by hair color. He was unsurprised at the onsen's being occupied, but the demands of his day required a thorough freshening.

He approached and bowed deeply to those present. "Greetings, samurai-samas. Pardon my graceless entrance." A second, apologetic bow, and then he was slipping into the water.

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:40 pm 

The Lioness greeted the other bathers proportionately to how she had been greeted by them.

"Do they die in the end?" Tragic, heroic death somehow appealed to her imagination of what constitutes a drama. Her experience was limited though admittedly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:56 pm 

"Ah, Crane-san" ventured the Scorpioness. "No bother, please, enjoy some warmth in this chilly weather." And bad smell. Stupid bad smell.

"Of course, Matsu-sama." It is a tragic play. "Are you an affeciniado of the theatre?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:03 pm 

"Hai, "Togashi-san" would be correct," she confirmed. "Togashi Mai, an artisan following the way of the Tattoo."

Finding her own place in the pool as the Doji made his arrival she'd turned to greet him in kind. Naturally allowing herself to look toward the center of the conversation. Mai was content to listening along, an appreciative nod for being brought up to speed having been duly given.

Wearing proudly the body art which constituted most of her form, to those who had none, and covered almost none to those who had much.

Though, curiosity did grab her, "Greetings Samurai-sama," she said, directed specifically at the Crane and with a purpose. Allowing the other two their conversation for the now, but not closing it off completely.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:04 pm 

"I know too little about it to be an aficionado. But I enjoy a good story that makes us thing of important life choices. It's a way to strengthen one's honour." The Lioness replied honestly.

"Matsu Kōgyoku, a magistrate, yoroshiku." The woman replied to the Dragon's presentation.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:09 pm 

"My humbled pleasure, Matsu Kōgyoku-sama," she said on a quick note with a reverent bow of her head, not forgetting the water of course.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:25 pm 

Togashi Mai wrote:

Though, curiosity did grab her, "Greetings Samurai-sama," she said, directed specifically at the Crane and with a purpose. Allowing the other two their conversation for the now, but not closing it off completely.

Koushi smiled pleasantly first at the Scorpion, then the Togashi. "My thanks for your welcome. Doji Koushi is my name. I am a physician." A pause. I was assigned to the Crane delegation of His Majesty's Imperial Court."

Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:28 pm 

"I am glad to see that you have arrived here safely then Doji Koushi-sama," she inclines her head in his direction. "I am Togashi Mai, an artisan that follows the way of the Tattoo. Though you may of heard me on your entrance already I would not make such a improper assumption and call it at that."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:38 pm 

Koushi nodded slowly. "Hai, Togashi-san, I did catch your name. I understand that there are quite a number of your family here in Toshi no Omoidasu. Welcome company in these interesting times."

)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:41 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
"I know too little about it to be an aficionado. But I enjoy a good story that makes us thing of important life choices. It's a way to strengthen one's honour." The Lioness replied honestly.

"Matsu Kōgyoku, a magistrate, yoroshiku." The woman replied to the Dragon's presentation.

"Quite a wise view Matsu-sama. If you are ever in Ryoko Owari in the future, let me know, and I will gladly invite you to some of my troupes plays." She glanced towards the other pair. A Crane and a Dragon, and a Lion and a Scorpion? The geopolitical landscape in an onsen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:48 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Koushi nodded slowly. "Hai, Togashi-san, I did catch your name. I understand that there are quite a number of your family here in Toshi no Omoidasu. Welcome company in these interesting times."

"Hai," she says, nodding her head in assent to the assertion. "More from chance, here, than any aim or goal I assure you. You can be certain than that we are all in good hands with my honored kin finding refuge here for some of them are far more impressive than I. Of course, I have heard whispers that this is true for many of the great clans that have representation here. I am honored merely by the chance to walk the same paths as such honored Samurai as them and yourselves," she says with an inclination of her head toward the Lion as the most senior member of those present.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:55 pm 

Koushi blinked.

"Hai, just so." He smiled, likewise favoring Kagokyu with a greeting, this one a bow. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Magistrate-sama. If you will forgive an impertinence, may I inquire if you are the official magistrate of Toshi no Omoidasu, or are you visiting as so many of us are?"

)