It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:59 pm

Post subject: [Day 2, Late Morning - Governor's Office] The Five Measures
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:56 am 

Mogami and her budoka, dressed in combat attire now instead of the usual kimonos the court would demand, walk into the Shiro and make haste for the Governors Quarters.

"Stay here while I meet with Shimizu-sama."

She tells her two men and then gently scratches at the Governor's door.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

Post subject: Re: [Day 2, Late Morning - Governor's Office] The Five Measu
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:21 pm 

Erina follows behind, bereft of her usual warcats. She appears more put together than the day before, the benefit of a night of sleep in a proper bed and time to cleanse herself and take time to present herself.

She inclines her head in greeting to the fellow Lion.

"Good morning Mogami-san. I heard that you were presenting your defensive tactics for approval. I hoped that I could learn of what we are doing in preparation."

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:25 pm 

Mogami gives a bow to Erina.

"Good morning, I hope you have had your rice!"

She gives the usual morning greeting with kindness.

"Yes, I have a long list of things to discuss with the Governor. I had received word from one of the servants that you wished to discuss something about scouting and horses with him as well?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:31 pm 

"I actually had the chance last night, I found him outside while patrolling the walls. It was a no to a levy on horses, but we have the approval to organize a scouting party. Tani-sama was already of that mind, and I believe she will be taking lead on that."

"But I do want to make sure that anything we do does not endanger the works of the defensive planners. There is no need to have each hand blind and deaf to the movement of the other."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:34 pm 

Mogami shakes her head no.

"You have it correct, Matsu-san. You would not be hurting any of my plans. It was going to be part of my assessment to recommend Matsu-sama to head the scouting. I was also going to suggest yourself as well, as you had stated interest. Further I was going to inform him of a few from the other clans who have expressed skill in the area, should he wish to conscript them"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:22 pm 

Erian nods and offers a small smile. "That's good to hear. A have heard a number of volunteers, including a Unicorn and Dragon, but the Governor believes that Lion tactics and blades will carry the day. It wound up being a good thing I mentioned it...a few Scorpion and Crab had begun to go off on their own, and who knows what might have happened."

"As it comes to defenses, I know Ore and Kamu are eager to show off, but I am at least proficient with a bow, should we need a volley line"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:27 pm 

"Remember, those outside of the Lion are our guests, Matsu-san, and it is highly inappropriate to request or hint that we would need their assistance. We are the Right Hand of the Emperor, any who would do harm will fall on our blades."

She smiles openly at the eagerness.

"I am going to recommend the gates shut and barred. Your skill with a bow will be needed first atop the walls. Only if we send forth a vanguard to push into their lines will we see melee. I am sure that will happen, but when I cannot say. Akodo tells us that we should be the hammer, and our enemy the anvil, but in a siege those roles are reversed and knowing when to switch is a difficult decision."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:47 pm 

Erina lets out a soft chuckle.

"I had initially only approached the Unicorn to see if he could train riders. My hope was that we could levy horses from the surrounding area, and then train riders. Perhaps..." Erina gestures to the man accompanying her clanmate. "Members of the heimin familiar with the beasts. It would be a dangerous task, but if they or members of their family could be rewarded with positions of headman, or as a servant in court...well, some may still consider this Phoenix land. Seeing Lion protect them, die for them, and reward devotion to their place might truly cement who rules this land."

Erina shrugs slightly. "It was a thought. But I went off track. I had been looking to consult for training as others practically fell over themselves to volunteer. I hope this means that they are hoping to mend the bridges damaged and they can accept our place."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:48 pm 

"No harm done then. It is on their honor to suggest we cannot protect them."

Mogami stretches a little as she waits for the Governor.

"How did your day go yesterday? Who all did you meet?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:01 pm 

"Well...there was a bit of a strange scenario where our Magistrate seemed to clash with a Seppun...I have no idea about what. There is a Mantis and a Tortoise who have some dogs...they may need some training. And then the Unicorn, a young bushi by the name of Moto Baatar, and then the Dragon who volunteered Togashi Tsukimi-san"

"What about you?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:08 pm 

"A Seppun is here?"

Mogami frowns a little

"Reports have said that the Seppun turned on the Emperor and sided with the Steel Chrysanthemum in cutting down those at the court, Matsu-san. Be wary."

"When I was assisting with the injured in the morning I saw that we are graced by the Shosuro Daimyo. During my morning bath I encountered a Mantis, a Scorpion actress, a Ryuuta Magistrate, and the leader of the Naga here, of which there are three. At the courtroom I spoke with the leader of the Phoenix here, one Asako Kashiwagi-sama. After I had a meeting with many of our clan, including Kitsu-dono."

"Later, I spoke with the Crane about their presence here. They have little of rank, but a Doji trained as a surgeon leads them. He spoke of two others. Finally in the evening I met with the entirety of the Crab contingent, led by a Hiruma scout. They boast a few warriors, a logistician, and a couple of scouts. "

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:28 pm 

Shimizu Kendo walks down the hallway and sees you in front of his office.

"It is a busy day with much to do, so I was out and about. I have a bit now, if you're looking for me...?"

He bows slightly to Erina. "Matsu-san, hello again."

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:32 pm 

"Greetings Governor-dono. I wanted to ensure that I was appraised of the situation before I left. Matsu Mogami-san has suggestions I believe."

Erina bows and steps to the side, allowing the attention to fall on her clan mate.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:34 pm 

Mogami gives a low bow, her two budoka following suit but lower.

"Shimizu-sama. It is good to see you again, though I wish it were under different circumstances. I had hoped to return from the Winter Court with tales of a proud demonstration, but alas heaven did not see it so."

"I have the tactical assessment and battle strategies I wrote last night to you about ready to report."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:49 pm 

"Matsu-san," he says with a bow of his head to Mogami. "I admit I am heartened by how hard the Lion are working, even those who are not local. Though I don't look forward to needing to take action."

"Come, let us go inside."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:56 pm 

Mogami nods and follows the man inside, her two budoka standing outside the door.

"There is much we must cover. Before I get into all I have written I must ask, it has been a few months since I have been away at Morikage Toshi and I am not sure if our numbers have changed since my departure. How are our forces and winter rations?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:02 pm 

"We were doing better than past winters, having had longer in the city to learn its ways. Every year is an incremental improvement, as it should be. However, under the best of times I wouldn't call our stores 'abundant' and the flood of visitors is going to press us... and there are only more to come."

He sits down.

"That said, our forces are in good shape, and many have volunteered to aid us in this time." He smiles at Erina.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:10 pm 

Erina allows herself a small smile, and then bows again in thanks for the acknowledgement.

"As desperate as our situation is, perhaps there is a way to make sure of that flood of persons. For any heimin that arrive, perhaps we could allot their food in exchange for service to act as labor in preparations. Obviously, the situation is different from samurai, as we have a duty of hospitality, but putting people to work at least keep them occupied on other matters and less time worrying about what is to come."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:12 pm 

Mogami looks to Kendo first, and then a slight glance to Erina.

"I believe first then we should touch on that. From the reports I have gathered,and from what I saw myself during the tactical withdraw, the enemy is likely here within a day. We will need to shut the gates, Shimizu-sama. We cannot take in many more refugees. For one, it will strain our reserves to keep fed such a large number. Fighting forces on an empty stomach leads to poor performance. A duel is won by skill, a skirmish by training, a battle by it's commander, but a siege is won by its logisticians. I know there are empty structures that can house many, but there is still a limit, and we do not want the streets clogged when we must maneuver for war."

"Another reason to bar the gates, the enemy shows no outward signs of being an enemy. They are of flesh and blood as you and I. They wear the same colors and mons. Many in Morikage were slain in their own homes, thinking their ancestor returned was a pleasant guest. That is not so."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:18 pm 

"I believe that we can take in more. I recognize the need to close the gates, but I don't want to close them sooner than we need to do so."

He pauses.

"I have focused on the running of this city for some time. I think we can handle some more, but I am certainly taking your words into consideration. For now, I would like to focus on the movement of the refugees into places that aren't in the way -- as you say, this is a good idea. The reality is that a large group of refugees is on the way."

It is sounding like he is operating some as stream of consciousness at this point.

"Perhaps we close the gates after the front group makes it in?"