It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:59 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: D2 EM - Replacing the Lost
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am 

Iko had been forced to leave the Winter Court in a hurry, certain personal objects were bound to get left behind. It was only late last night that she noticed her copy of the Tao was one of them.

So she came to the Temple of the Seven Dragons, maybe one of the only places in a Lion province where she might find a version she could copy.

But first, once admitted, she would head over to the representation of the Void Dragon, as she did yesterday, and meditate in prayer.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

Post subject: Re: D2 EM - Replacing the Lost
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:57 am 

The Hilsilage arrives, shivering from the cold and keeping as little of himself on the ground as he can. He bows respectfully upon arrival, and finds a quiet spot to sit in peace while he ponders the roiling thrum of the Akasha since he awoke.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:06 am 

"Your people ruined my wedding you know." Iko grumbles in a barely audible tone without turning around.

The distinctive sound of naga movement that was burned into her brain during the War if Broken Fangs told her all ahe needed to know about what had entered the Temple.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:11 am 

"Sadly along with a great many other things before we brought the others into the correct frame of mind. I apologize that we could not manage it more quickly."

The Hilsilage offers a polite inclination of his torso, then returns to silence.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:23 am 

Iko nodded in acceptance of the explanation. Time had cooled the flames of vengeance that once burned in her heart.

"Thank you. I think there were misunderstandings on both sides. I should apologise as well, I was one of those who marched on ypur cities during what our people call the War of Broken Fangs."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:29 am 

"If your people had not fought so well and so thoroughly, we may not have ever managed to create the harmony we now share. My research into the events has shown a pattern of correct decisions on the part of your people given the information you had."

The Hilsilage looks wistful for a moment, studying the human artifacts around him.

"While I wish we could have avoided conflict, sometimes the fastest way down a slope is to fall.""

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:36 am 

"It is a rather splendid Temple isn't it." Iko agreed as she lifted herself to her feet and approached the creature.

"I wiah I was more of a student of religion to explain it competently. My sensei told me your culture is long and storied as well. Far more ancient than my own."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:47 am 

There was that slithering sound again. The Shakanar crested the stairs, looking...uncomfortable, as he slithered into the temple grounds. He paused, seeing the dragon and The Hilsilage talking, before moving closer, pausing an arms length away before joining the conversation to see if he would be welcomed to or not, recognizing the dragon, at least from stories.

(lore: heraldry: TN 20: 23 )

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:14 am 

Another Dragon was showing up at the Temple of the Seven Dragons, carrying a wrapped box on the inside of her kimono as she looked around for the priest she had seen manage this temple.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:17 am 

One naga was coincidence. Two seemed like a trap.

Iko slipped her hand down to her sword, it was almost too blasphemous for her to contemplate, spilling blood in a house of worship.

But then, it's not like it was real human blood.

Her eyes were wary, looking for escape even as she spoke. "Can I help you?" Her tone was gentle, probing but not harsh. Not yet at least.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:24 am 

He didn't miss the shifting of stances. He stopped short, hands kept well in view, and had no weapon on him "I am sorry to intrude Togashi Iko-sama." He'd seen another dragon coming up the stairs. "I had arranged to meet my companion The Hilsilage here. I saw you conversing with him, so I came over."

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:12 pm 

The arrival of her clan mate, shoring up the odds, calmed Iko somewhat and her hand shifted from her sword to resting her thumb behind her obi.

"The fault is mine, I find myself more on edge than usual thus morning." She returned the bow shallowly, a little at a loss for the proper etiquette of the situation.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:46 pm 

It almost undoubtedly didn't help when one appeared from farther in - she had apparently arrived early. "Things are crowded this morning apparently. Maybe I'll stick to the gardens for meditation from now on," she sighed, rubbing her forehead. Her eyes didn't miss the closeness of one of their hands to their blade.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:08 pm 

"Please, don't mind me," Tsukimi assured the serpentine folk with a dip of her head. "I'm only here to look for the priest of this temple. But I hope Lady Sun will shine warmly upon you all today."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:28 pm 

Now there was some courtesy. The Saravya nodded to her. "I hope the gaze of the Bright Eye upon you is kind today. I have not seen a priest, but I have been rather distracted. They must be about here somewhere."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:11 pm 

"Then I will continue my search," she nodded, appriciating the Naga's observation.

Tsukimi had a hard time from keeping her hand pressed to the object she carried with her as she continued further in, in search for the priest.

---

OOC: Tsukimi will be in a different part of the temple I guess :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:20 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"Then I will continue my search," she nodded, appriciating the Naga's observation.

Tsukimi had a hard time from keeping her hand pressed to the object she carried with her as she continued further in, in search for the priest.

She spots her sitting in meditation in the distance, but as Tsukimi nears, her eyes open and she bows her head in greeting.

Run by GM "Know the Way" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:45 pm 

The clouds and snow do not dissuade the nun from her duty. As the Sky lightens, the she begins her kata, her dance to welcome Lady Sun back to the sky. Today, the kata element is emphasized, the dance more martial in nature, as if she is trying to drive off bad omens by force of will.

The nun performing this moves through the mix of dance and kata with precision even in the snow, her long practice of such moves second nature to her. She acknowledges those watching with a brief nod but does not stop until the lightdawn is obvious even with the cloud. She ends with a deep bow to Lady Sun and then to cleaning her naginada and preparing it for return to her room.

For all she is obviously a warrior-nun, she does not seem unwelcoming to company. Though she does seem a little lost in thought.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:52 pm 

Mogami and her two budoka arrive at the temple before the sun rises.

"The life of a warrior is not only about training for battle. One must also be spiritually diligent. Additionally, finding beauty in all life is important as well. Savor each sunrise and thank the Lady Sun for blessing you with another day to see her."

As the three approach the shrine, Mogami steers them away from the other samurai and instead towards one of the nuns practicing.

"For now, watch her movements, offer prayer silently. Eventually we will begin kata to welcome the day, but as there are none with the bow, you can use this time to learn."

When Kayou finishes, Mogami calls out to her softly.

"Good morning, sensei"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:08 pm 

The nun bows to the young Lioness. "Good morning, Matsu-san. How may this one be of aid?"

There was something familiar about this Lion samurai-ko, but Kayou could not quite place it.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next