It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:13 pm

Post subject: Re: [D1 EE] Reptiles Like Heat (Open)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:02 am 

"Yeah, it's not too bad in moderation. Still, it's not like I never wonder about how traditions got the way they are. The people that started them, how they spread... I mean, there's ancient stuff of course, but new ideas and trends are probably growing even as we bathe here. ...I dunno; It's just fascinating."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:49 pm 

"That's what I'm curious about, I suppose, besides the concern." She blinked to herself. Apparently she was concerned. That was a different way of looking at it. She shook her head before continuing. "The origin of things is interesting, and seeing where things diverged. For instance, I was just talking to someone earlier about how the Kenku dress in clothing very similar to Rokugani. I was idly wondering if there was a common origin, or if they're follow the prevailing culture."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:00 am 

Yukinaga shrugged a bit "For questions like that you will have to discuss with a historian. Bushi like myself tend not concern ourselves with the intricacies of who started what and why but we are told it is the way so we do it. Some however specialize in what you seek. The Asako, from what I understand are well versed historians. The Ikoma as well though I believe they tend to focus on the history of deeds rather than customs." He said in a laid back relaxed tone. Not dismissive of the subject but certainly slightly disinterested.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:17 am 

"The Asako and the Ikoma... wouldn't that make a place like this ideal for such questions then? Not the bath of course, but the city. Being where we are, there are bound to be Ikoma and Asako around. Though I admit, I've mostly seen Akodo and Matsu in my time here... I kind of figured the Ikoma were mostly at more prestigious courts."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:36 am 

"I intend to meet with an Asako tomorrow, though I suspect his interests lie elsewhere. He might know who to ask, though. Hmm." She tapped her chin. "The Rokugani have many bloodlines. It's good to know more about their specialties."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:45 am 

Yukinaga nodded "That we do, many clans and each clan with its various families. I admit I grew up here and even I have trouble keeping it all straight sometimes. And then the vassal families and numerous minor clans. It can be a bit overwhelming I agree."

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:38 am 

"It HAS been a lot to take in. Growing up, we just had stories. After all, we didn't carry a whole library with us as we traveled. So everything was vague... and old. It didn't do much justice to all the intricacies of things, even if I did find it valuable."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:40 pm 

"All you had were stories?" She looked a little confused. "Were your circumstances different than most?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:16 pm 

"Hai hai; I used to be a Unicorn, before I met my husband. Before we got back to the Empire we were just a moving migration of horses. There were a few carts, sure, but those were mostly saved for camp supplies, and carrying those who couldn't ride like the elderly or sick. Keeping a bunch of scrolls in any of them would have been impractical."