It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Flight Of Dragons (D1, LE. Dragon Only)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:45 am 

Manami nods as her elders speak. In a pause, she gently adds, "The way of the Lion and the way of the Dragon have conflicted in the past. But even the truest son of the Lion will not grow the same mane when raised in the Imperial City. People and place may greatly shape a young mind." Manami slightly bows her head to show she's done, quietly proud of her metaphor.

Yojimbo: Mirumoto Takeshi no Kouken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:58 am 

"But are we talking about her skills as a parent or as a ruler? I am sure she loves her son greatly and is a loving mother. I question her political acumen when she shuts out the Imperial Advisor due to what I can only assume is her former Clan loyalties."

Iko answers honestly. "The current state of our Empire however, still leaves her as our best option to rule until the Imperial Heir comes of age."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 pm 

Tsukimi chewed her lower lip, suddenly remembering to keep the left side of her face covered, and she discreetly tugged at her cowl.

"I think it might be too much putting the cart before the ox by dwelling too much on the Empress and the Heir. We are all agreed here that a returned spirit committing regicide is not something we can support, and it would seem that Toshi no Omoidoso would be the first line against any offensive action from an army."

She looked between the others. "Perhaps we should consider tomorrow before we consider the next month?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 pm 

"Of course, you are right." She gave a smile toward Tsukimi. "There is still room to think for the future of course, and I would not stop doing so myself since that is a part of my duty, but for now, we should live in the present. We have yet to hear anything from the capitol, let alone the senior officials that may have survived Morikage Toshi. Speaking in the courts to disparage the... murderer... is something we all agree on. Is there anything else we can do in the next coming days?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:48 pm 

Iko nodded her agreement and looked to Poemu.

"I have spoken with an old campaigner from the War of Broken Fangs, Nikutai Matsu Tani. I have offered her my aid in defending the city when my Clan doesn't require my services of course."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:55 pm 

The young Agasha looked deeply thoughtful. "We just arrived today, or at least those of us that were in Morikage Toshi. Are we certain they are following us all the way here? There are many places they could have gone instead, let alone the possibility of their consolidating around Morikage Toshi."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:55 pm 

"I admittedly had hoped to hear both sides of the argument on my first full day here," she spoke out with a sigh. "There are still many variables out there. I won't excuse that what was committed wasn't an atrocious blasphemy. However, everything about this situation is beyond my scope of understanding, as is the courts. I am willing to aid my kin here if that is how we wish to proceed collectively, even if it is just to meditate upon these events from the sidelines."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:13 pm 

"By the grace of the kami who answered me, I fought spirits in the snow to protect innocent samurai and heimin alike." Manami's young voice is steely, determined. "Unless the clan commands me otherwise, I would intend to keep doing the same. I should be anxiously awaiting word from the nakodos of winter court, but who can say how many of them have survived those bloodthirsty spirits?" Manami clenched her fists, but cast her eyes down and controlled her frustration, saying no more for now.

Yojimbo: Mirumoto Takeshi no Kouken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:22 pm 

"The ways of court are not very well known to me," Myo-en admits. "But I have been to war. If the returned Emperor wants to hold the Empire, I think the pieces he needs are people more than cities. The Empress, the heir, the important daimyo and Champions and officials... he needs to hold them, or remove them. A great many of those people were at Winter Court, and now they're here. And the road to Otosan Uchi runs through here too." Her hands tighten to fists where they rest on her knees. "Iko-san and Manami-san are right. We should be prepared for him to come, and soon."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:49 pm 

"He who wants peace, must prepare for war."

Iko quotes from...somewhere that may have been Leadership, or tge Tao, or somewhere entirely made up.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:31 pm 

"“A divided mind is one that does not *know* itself. When it is divided, it cleaves the body in two. When one has a single purpose, the body is strengthened. In *knowing* the self, grow strong,”" Tsukimi added in, looking approvingly at those gathered.

"It would seem we are not divided. We will stand strong. The Governor seems willing to allow us, and the other clans here, to help where we are able."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:12 pm 

Poemu nodded at that and allowed herself a polite smile. "Then I am not certain there is any more business to discuss. At least not on that matter. Have any of you found anything, or anyone, interesting today? I fear that having this many ladies around from my clan has awakened a horrible want for gossip."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:19 pm 

"I found a couple of samurai, a Phoenix and a Unicorn, trying to lure a Kenku into the garden this morning. It was....amusing if misguided. I may have encouraged them a little too much."

Iko giggled behind her hand at the memory, not mentioning how much she enjoyed it.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:25 pm 

"There are kenku here?" She asked curiously. It perhaps shouldn't be a surprised, considering that there are naga here after all.

"The strangest thing I found all day were the Scorpions. Yet for some reason, we are considered an enigma."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:43 pm 

"There are unsubstantiated rumors of one appearing many years ago. Apparently it is somewhat of a tale that if one is impressive enough it may return and claim a new student."

Iko brushes her fingers across the feathers hanging from her blade. "Even if the rumors are true, they are notoriously difficult to impress."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:49 pm 

To Iko, she gave a soft giggle into a sleeve, smiling. "Oh, the tale is a Phoenix one supposedly. I would not be surprised if it were true, but I greatly doubt that the kenku will ever return. As you said, the chance to impress is likely quite long past."

To Wasako, she shook her head. "Well we ARE an enigma, even if the Scorpion are as well. I had a talk with a Shosuro actress that I didn't find strange in the least, so perhaps it is not all bad."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:22 pm 

"A bird is quite the enigma to the tortoise, as is the dragon an enigma to the mortal man," she remarked with good humor.

"As for myself, I spoke with the young Moto of the Unicorn earlier. It seems he is the only one here of his clan so far - it's important as friends that he doesn't feel alone in this difficult time."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:18 pm 

There were a few naga in attendance but only one Unicorn? She could only guess that they made like their neighbours and recluse themselves after their arrival. "I would have thought there would be more in attendance...but I could easily do my best to accommodate our new neighbours."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:57 pm 

"Most of the Unicorn warriors who could joined their great expedition last autumn. Not many were left to winter outside their lands." Myo-en looks a bit more pensive than this comment would seem to justify, for a moment.

She shakes her head, causing the crow on her shoulder to grumble and resettle itself. "The clans seem to have one common goal here for now, and that's good. But while we take care for today, we must not leave tomorrow unguarded, either. Some of these other samurai will have their own ideas about how to resist the coming threats, and what should come afterward... and some might be ideas we won't like." This train of thought may well explain why Myo-en looked a little sour while Wasako and Poemu chatted about new Scorpion acquaintances. "Don't expect everyone to put their own schemes aside while all are in danger. That is a a lesson it's better not to learn the hard way."

The corvid grumbling trails off, and the crow clacks its beak once before beginning to preen a wing.

"Ah, that's right--I did meet an old friend today, newly arrived. Kayou, the warrior abbess of Harmonious Work." That's a more pleasant thought; the corners of her mouth soften upward again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:19 am 

There were many names, and tales, and stories being shared here in this moment so much that she hardly had time to remember each let only to respond. This was in no way a problem, for Mai relished every moment of it and gleefully added her own.

"I have met Asako Kashiwagi-sama today, a name spread across the Empire even up to the mountain and he appeared the strength of the stories told of him," she said, with an all too familiar hero worship coloring her words.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next