It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:18 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last bath of the night (D1 LE Open)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:16 pm 

Homura briefly paused as she listened to the story, but focused on the two women she'd decided to converse with. Kashi had a daimyo and a fangirl audience already after all.

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
"Sodesuka?!" Horonigai inquires with interest as Homura mentions the open space at the gardens. "Ne. I can't go without training. Not a day to lose."

"The garden can be a location to train in as well Seppun-sama. There is only so much one can learn from fighting in a dojo, and the grounds give a more accurate feeling I think" Homura paused as Chihaya then said:

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Chihaya politely ignored the fanciful retelling, though the talk of serpents possessing someone in the swamps... it sounded as though one of his naga stories was being re-purposed.

Glancing between the two women she was now sandwhiched between, Chihaya offered, "Hai, the gardens have a number of isolated corners suitable for practice and meditation. I find them useful for the uneven footing - a good alternative when the dojo is crowded."

A faint smile, "And rumor has it, if you are sufficiently talented, perhaps a Kenku might come to test your mettle, or so the legend goes."

Cracking her neck, she added, "Not that I've faced a Kenku before - I wonder if it would be more, or less, dangerous than a Naga warlord..."

"Hai, as Suzume-sama says. I would recommend trying it Seppun-sama. Maybe in a few days I will be able to join you there also" she smiled at both of them, letting them know it was open to both women "as for the tale, it is an interesting one, ne? A Kenku looking for a challenge and leaving disappointed. Such mystical creatures, who knows how good they are, or if the tale is true?"

There was a pause before she added "what is a Naga...warlord?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:28 pm 

At the mention of Naga Warlord he said, "A gross simplification of complex if debased non-human culture and their leadership."

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:38 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
--Epic Snip of Heroic Romance--

A Miharu's perception is keen. On top of that, Horonigai's ears are specially fine-tuned for compliments... and other pleasantries. Such as, but not limited to, fancy earrings. Goosebumps run at the uncovered back of the princess's neck.

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Cracking her neck, she added, "Not that I've faced a Kenku before - I wonder if it would be more, or less, dangerous than a Naga warlord..."

With coolness in the air around them, Horonigai shivers with her shoulders, and presses her lips thinking on a proper argument to urgently display blissful ignorance to the story being told in the other group. Eavesdropping isn't proper, after all.
Ikoma Homura wrote:
"as for the tale, it is an interesting one, ne? A Kenku looking for a challenge and leaving disappointed. Such mystical creatures, who knows how good they are, or if the tale is true?"

She raises an eyebrow to reply to them, showing surprise as a form of disguise, "Eeehhhhhhhh~! Sooooo-desuka? Kenku?"

The inevitable pinkness at her cheeks slowly grows upward. A hot spring. Perfectly fine.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

Last edited by Seppun Horonigai on Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:58 pm 

"Well, I didn't have time to ask either of them their proper titles, you know." She shot Kashi a wry look, and added, "When you are fighting a giant of a Naga, filled with mysterious and dangerous magics, you don't usually get to offer pleasantries, as I'm sure that Jade Princess of yours must know."

Resting back, she added, "One would imagine a Kenku less dangerous than a huge naga with naginata in hand, but perhaps their skill can bridge that gap?"

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:04 pm 

The Asako hero nodded his approval at the Sparrow’s assessment, he had to admit that the life or death struggle did leave little room for pleasantries. That was years ago now, back when she was still alive. Now she exists in memory only and possibly the Akasha… file that mental note away for later.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:05 pm 

There was a small frown on Homura's face as she listened to that exchange. Trying to work out if they were serious.

"Magical...Snake Lord?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:15 pm 

Chihaya looked surprised. "I thought you'd heard the tales of the Naga War, where the illustrious Asako Kashiwagi first made his name?"

With a faint grin, she added, "I happened to witness the battle firsthand, by virtue of participating in it myself."

Twirling a strand of hair around her finger, one that had escaped containment and now hung alongside her face, she added, thoughtfully. "The magical beast was the second Naga general I fought - before that bitter struggle against the Shashakar, I joined the vanguard which faced the Shahadet early in the war. If not for the aid of the Tausha's legion, we might have faltered in that battle, so fierce was their defense."

With a nod, she added, "Any Naga you see around the city now belong to her legion, and honored allies they are."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:20 pm 

Kashiwagi shrugged with a cool smile, it was not his concern if she knew him or not because of course she knew him. Everyone knew him.

Everyone of value, anyway.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:21 pm 

Now, the two groups are back into one.

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Four armed magical...Snake Lord?"

Stop it. Stop talking about Naga and Princess. Kenku. Let's talk about Kenku. Horongai thinks inwardly while failing to divert the conversation topic.

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Chihaya looked surprised. "I thought you'd heard the tales of the Naga War, where the illustrious Asako Kashiwagi first made his name?"

With a faint grin, she added, "I happened to witness the battle firsthand, by virtue of participating in it myself."

She sighs in relief, glad that, her mind accentuates, at least the princess topic is over.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:24 pm 

"I heard many wild tales from that war, and you take each story at face value Suzume-sama" Homura shrugged "I cannot say many in the Lion have told me great stories of Asako-sama, although I know of his name. I have heard some stories about the honourable Matsu Tani-sama however."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:28 pm 

Chihaya's tone and voice shifted, suddenly softer, an odd calm settling over her visage.

"Perhaps you misheard me, perhaps the sake and steam have dulled your senses... I do not speak of tall tales told by bards in quiet winter courts. I speak of battles I fought, one of them indeed alongside the honorable Matsu Tani, Asako Kashiwagi, and Shimizu Chikara."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:29 pm 

If the Suzume can get her hair washed then he could get these kinks in his shoulder worked out. He rolled his shoulders and then leaned over and whispered something to the Mantis for her ears only.

Kashiwagi shrugged once more when his name is uttered, it's a strong name.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:33 pm 

"You spoke of surprise that I had not heard of this story, and I stated why Suzume-sama. I heard you quite clearly, perhaps you have misunderstood what I said? Or do you believe it is only veterans that can tell stories from the campaign?"

Homura tilted her head, looking only at Chihaya.

"It appears to be a sensitive topic for you however."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:38 pm 

"Hmm."

She tapped her chin, thoughtfully.

"So you do not question the veracity of events, only your knowledge of them. If you wanted to hear the tale, you need only ask, Ikoma-san. While I'm certain Kashiwagi-san can tell it better than I, I could give you the most basic of pertinent facts, if you desired."

With a small shrug, she added, cheerfully, "Regardless, as to the matter of facing down a Kenku... the only comparison I can draw from my own experience is battle with the Naga - and I can only hope if I ever fought a Kenku, it would be less fierce a foe."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:56 pm 

I had no interested until you yammered on...maybe that's where that pointless vegetable got it's name from?

Homura allowed her gaze to carry over to a few of the others in the Onsen, before settling back on Chihaya.

"Asako-sama has shared plenty of interesting stories in our short time here Suzume-sama. You also seem to be confused, as I have not questioned anything other than Magical Snake Lord as such a title is vague. There have been many tales shared by storytellers and bards since that campaign, and each one sounds both more impressive and less easy to believe as they are told. I cannot say I have heard any tales about a great hero of the Sparrow facing down a fearsome Sha-ha-det, although I have heard of Naga turning on their own kind inspired by the glory of Rokugan."

There was a shrug.

"However, yes, Kenku. Their legend is even more mysterious, beings that are incredible swordsbirds that are incredibly selective of their students. One of their students is in fact in this city, from what I have been told."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:08 pm 

All these back and forth between these two veterans was quite interesting for Nagiko. How much had she missed of this vast world. Jade Princesses, evil snake warlords, giant naga. It was a fascinating world, full of fascinating people...

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
If the Suzume can get her hair washed then he could get these kinks in his shoulder worked out. He rolled his shoulders and then leaned over and whispered something to the Mantis for her ears only.

Nagiko's eyes glitter with all these fantastic stories. She wonders if Asako Chidori-sama got some of her inspiration for her books from all these adventures.

The Mantis, once again got up and moved gracefully, first outside the waters to found her wooden bucket, filled with the onsen waters and then got behind Kashiwagi. She gently poured some of the waters on his back and shoulders and then started to rubbing them, much like what the other women were doing nearby.

She did't say anything, she just did it. Sometimes observing the women, sometimes giving a glance over the governor and intently observing him.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:15 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
There was a shrug.

"However, yes, Kenku. Their legend is even more mysterious, beings that are incredible swordsbirds that are incredibly selective of their students. One of their students is in fact in this city, from what I have been told."

Much better.

He continued speaking, “Is that Togashi Iko? I do recall an incident with a kenku during the war, but it has been so many years who can know these things for sure. I know we crossed paths during the troubles at Ryoko Owari.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:23 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
yatta. yatta, yatta... whispered something to the Mantis for her ears only.

That move activates some weird sensations Horonigai didn't know existed in her at all. Fortunately, her Miharu training allows her to watch passerbyers without needs to move her eyes on them directly. She waits, ping-ponging from Homura to Chihaya as they argue for no reason on something both agree, it seems.

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
"Regardless, as to the matter of facing down a Kenku... the only comparison I can draw from my own experience is battle with the Naga - and I can only hope if I ever fought a Kenku, it would be less fierce a foe."

"Un!" She adds up, "So desu, ne!"

Ikoma Homura wrote:

"Nani?" Another question follows, "Who?"

Nagiko wrote:
The Mantis, once again got up and moved gracefully, first outside the waters to found her wooden bucket, filled with the onsen waters and then got behind Kashiwagi. She gently poured some of the waters on his back and shoulders and then started to rubbing them, much like what the other women were doing nearby.

Horonigai narrows her eyes –– still not looking toward them. Her thoughts run wild, but she keeps them leashed up for a proper moment. Later.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:28 pm 

Are you kidding me?

There was a few blinks as the Mantis got up (which was nice) then apparently started...openly massaging the Phoenix. In public. Without even the decency of taking it to a more private location.

Minor clanners....I almost feel sorry for the Mantis to have someone like her representing them.

"Hai Togashi Iko-sama is the one" Homura confirmed with a nod "I haven't seen her style, but if the tales of how picky the Kenku are is true and she did prove herself to become a student, she must be very talented. I would love the chance to spar with her, to see how my skills compare to a student of such a legendary creature."

She looked back at the two women, noting how Horonigai's eyes narrowed, and managed to keep a smirk from her face.

Oh, does the Seppun princess have envious thoughts in her mind now? I wonder if she'd strike the girl down? That would be fantastic entertainment.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:39 pm 

He let out a light sigh of satisfaction and then added, “I am told her skill rivals that of the late Gardener, never seen it personally, but I have seen Suzume-san duel and she is skilled. For a Sparrow.”

“I could easily send her a letter as a way of introductions, by the by, thank you Lady Nagiko. Remind me on the morrow about that text by my dear wife, I feel you will enjoy reading it.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next