It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:54 pm

Post subject: Re: [D1, LE] - Why Be Crabby? [Distant Past Sake House, inv
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:08 am 

Yoichi regarded the Lion briefly before nodding. "Thus far, Matsu-san, yes. There may yet be some refugees yet to arrive, but so far as I am aware, the Crab present here now are the sole contingent within the city."

Typically carries: Literally everything he can carry unless prohibited, traveling pack, bow, arrows, etc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:15 am 

"I wouldn't expect additional arrivals, I will be making the recommendation for the gates to be sealed tomorrow when I give my tactical assessment to the Governor."

She pauses for a moment and her eyes look down, a dullness spreading into them.

"You have my sympathies for any hardship that this may cause."

She takes a deep breath and then asks again

"Which of you is the highest rank of those present?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:18 am 

Yoichi nodded, then continued speaking. "That would appear to be me, though Yukarin-san is our only courtly presence currently, depending on the reason for your asking."

Typically carries: Literally everything he can carry unless prohibited, traveling pack, bow, arrows, etc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:32 am 

"All I need to know is who stands the highest and can give orders. If that is you, then that is good to know."

She takes a deep breath.

"I believe I can be frank with you, as the Crab have more experience with warfare with most."

"We are not sure how far behind the enemy is, or when they will arrive. We have natural fortifications to the North and South, so an attack from there is less than likely. The East and West gates are strong, and can withhold a great deal, especially as the frozen ground and snow will slow down or even halt the movement of siege engines."

A short pause.

"To get to the Western gate, it would take the enemy a rather long time, and I know now from speaking with the Kitsu Daimyo, the possess no cavalry to assist in maneuvers. I believe therefore the attack will come from the East. A decent travel outside the West gate leads to an open port, which will be made ready for a tactical withdraw. Additionally it will allow for reinforcements from the port if a siege is likely. Therefore while the chance of an attack from the West is low, it will still need to be manned."

Another breath and pause.

"I will be attempting to convince the Governor to build a forward encampment out of the snows and ice to launch assaults from as well as give our archers a firing position closer to the enemy. This will also allow another layer of defense, should the forward line fall then we still have the main walls and gates."

She then looks to each crab in the room in turn.

"Everyone in this city is safe as long as the Lion draw their breath. However...IF you had to choose, would you rather be on the East or West wall, or somewhere else?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:54 am 

Yoichi blinked in genuine surprise. After his discussion with the governor and the Scorpion, it was strange to hear such decisive words on the matter.

He looked at all those gathered around him. "We were just discussing our concerns about the possibility of an attack against the city, and I'm certain that there isn't one among us who isn't willing to stand in its defense."

He looked between each of the gathered Crab as he spoke, meeting their eyes as he waited for either confirmation or objection to his words. "Shiko-san and Goro-san will most likely serve best at the East gate. Yukarin-san might apply herself best assisting logistics and shipments at the West. Maru-san and myself, however, will serve best in the field as scouts, watching for enemy movements and reporting on our findings."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:15 pm 

Shiko had been a little on-guard when the Lion made their presence known; but relaxed again after a few moments. She gave a light bow of the head, same as anyone else might've, and listened quietly.

She had no idea if this person had any real pull with the city's authorities, but at least someone in cat-colors seemed to be thinking of practical matters. Sounded like decent tactics too.

She nodded when Yoichi spoke and offered his insights. "Wherever the fighting's going to be thickest is where I'd serve best. It's a shame we haven't managed to round up any Kuni, they'd likely know best how to deal with such an enemy. But so long as a sword or hammer can hit them, the Crab can hold them back."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:13 pm 

The large Crab had eyed the Lion warily; his estimation of the city's response to whatever might be coming had gone quickly downhill as the day had dragged on. Truly he was unsure whether he trusted this particular one - but they, at least, appeared to be putting on a show of wanting the city to stand.

So, for now, their goals were aligned.

Goro nods, "Hida Goro serves best where the fighting is thickest. No abomination will enter the city so long as Hida Goro stands!" He slaps the other Hida on the back, a gesture of friendly goodwill, and raises his refilled sake cup in toast before once again swallowing it all.

Function Clothing, Smoking Pipe, Cocky Smile (where inappropriate)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:33 pm 

She may not be highest ranking, but Maru certainly sat with an air of authority on her smug expression, and nodded. Peculiar that one so apparently full of herself specialized in stalking and being unseen.

"None shall escape the notice of this one... and Yoichi-sama," she replied confidently.

Equipment: yumi, quiver, daisho, sake cup, lantern, ink brush kit
Light armor (where appropriate)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:59 pm 

Mogami gives a satisfied nod to everyone at their answers.

"I am glad to hear that the children of Hida are prepared to lend their expertise."

She takes a cup of sake and empties is in one go letting out a pleased exhale as she sets the cup back down on the table.

"I give my report in the morning to the Governor and likely preparations will begin shortly after. Do any of you have anything you believe I should be made aware of to include in said report?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:53 pm 

Yukarin, still standing, looks at the other Crab that spoke up and then back at the Matsu, "I do not believe so, no. The offer of our help is fairly straight forward, and Hiruma-sama already mentioned my own capabilities as a courtier and supplies expert."

Well, there was a polite way to say merchant at least.

"The Crab, as always, stand prepared."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:34 am 

Yoichi nodded his agreement, turning to the Lion once the others had spoken. "Where would you have me serve?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:37 am 

Mogami looked at each of them sternly.

"Your skills are all great, and were you to be pressed into service, I believe having your logisticians at the west, your warriors on the east, and your scouts making ranges daily out our gates."

Again another stern look to all.

"However, you are your own, under command of Hiruma-sama, and the Lion have the situation under control. Should the Governor say something different after I advise him, I will certainly let you know."

She hoped the unspoken message was understood, that she could not without being dishonorable and stating weakness ask for their help.

"Shall we have another round of drinks?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:20 am 

Yoichi nodded, somewhat frustrated by the nature of the situation, but understanding enough to keep it to himself. At the mention of more sake, Yoichi grinned brightly, and looked to Yukarin. "I think we can all agree on that!"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:26 am 

"Indeed!"

Picking up one of the bottles, Yukarin moved around to fill all the guests cups, making especially sure with the Matsu woman.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal