It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:07 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 1, Late Afternoon] Contemplation
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:43 pm 

"Ah, I can understand that. The Dragon don't have what could be considered a proper courtier school, so many that call themselves courtiers come from and train with the Mirumoto or Togashi order. I was lucky enough to have a favor my father called in."

She gave a sigh. "Especially since we seem to be relying on the Tonbo for diplomacy more and more. It's a large part why I was sent to Morikage Toshi."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:10 am 

"The absorbing of the Dragonfly must have come with many benefits as well as complications. However I'm sure they are glad to have the strength of a great clan to fall back on now after the struggles of minor Clanship. It is something all minor clans should strive for" Homura nodded "I find it surprising for a great clan to have no dedicated school for courtly studies, is it not something the Dragon see as important?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:18 am 

"For centuries, it wasn't. We've had an outward reach since I've been born, or at least more so than before, but for the longest time, the Dragon champions were content to remain looking inward. I think we still would be if such great trouble hasn't wracked the Empire." She gave a faint sigh. "Perhaps one day, we will. Or perhaps we never will."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:24 am 

"Perhaps it just needs the right mind to inspire your champion into action, rather than waiting for him to act? Ikoma no Shiryo did not wait to be offered anything, he made his own history and his own name, and inspired Akodo-no-kami to grant the man a position as advisor. The rest, as they say, is history" Homura gazed at Poemu with a wink.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:40 am 

"Hai, that is true. We would need someone born with the talent to make a school that would fit our clan Who can say when such a person might come along?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:43 am 

It has tingled. She thought, left perplexed by the lingering sensation that should have felt wrong. She had known contact, having roughhoused with siblings or wrestled with peers, but this was far less technical that it should have been in how her body responded. The chill around helped in banishing the sensation from leaving a more profound effect on her mien, as this was neither proper nor wise to indulge in it. Just when he was beginning his form.

She observed, keenly, letting her swordsmanship inform the imagination of the muscle regime that was producing his movement. It was good and reliable without being flashy, qualities she could be impressed by more than any pretentious excellence. In her mind, pinnacles of achievement always came with an alternative cost which impeded one's service to their lord in the long-term. No samurai has ever faced just one set of challenges...

...his question tore her out of a tentative trance she had slipped into observing.

"...It wouldn't hurt to put more strength into your otherwise very decisive thrusts." She commented with a genuine intent to be constructive. "I mean it would - your opponent."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:43 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Hai, that is true. We would need someone born with the talent to make a school that would fit our clan Who can say when such a person might come along?"

"Maybe she already is born, but she just needs to believe in herself" Homura commented idly with a smile, turning to look out at the garden again "I believe there is a famous saying from a certain Tao the Dragon holds dear, Every journey begins with a single step?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:43 am 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
It has tingled. She thought, left perplexed by the lingering sensation that should have felt wrong. She had known contact, having roughhoused with siblings or wrestled with peers, but this was far less technical that it should have been in how her body responded. The chill around helped in banishing the sensation from leaving a more profound effect on her mien, as this was neither proper nor wise to indulge in it. Just when he was beginning his form.

She observed, keenly, letting her swordsmanship inform the imagination of the muscle regime that was producing his movement. It was good and reliable without being flashy, qualities she could be impressed by more than any pretentious excellence. In her mind, pinnacles of achievement always came with an alternative cost which impeded one's service to their lord in the long-term. No samurai has ever faced just one set of challenges...

...his question tore her out of a tentative trance she had slipped into observing.

"...It wouldn't hurt to put more strength into your otherwise very decisive thrusts." She commented with a genuine intent to be constructive. "I mean it would - your opponent."

His smile twitched but he restrained himself from chuckling as he usually would have done, afraid he might embarrass her or something similar and he had no desire to do that.

Instead he bowed his head quickly "Thank you Matsu-sama, your words are wise. Strength is something I lack, my body is more suited for agility and quickness." Indeed he was tall and obviously worked out but he was definitely on the leaner side of things "luckily with a katana not much strength is needed to do what must be done most of the time."

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:11 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Maybe she already is born, but she just needs to believe in herself" Homura commented idly with a smile, turning to look out at the garden again "I believe there is a famous saying from a certain Tao the Dragon holds dear, Every journey begins with a single step?"

That brought a new laugh into a pink kimono sleeve. "I will certainly pass that along to any promising students I see Ikoma-san. My own path is quite different, and the responsibility is quite heavy enough without forming a new school on top!"

Her smile softened as she gazed forward. "Our two clans are in poor standing with each other right now after all. If that wasn't enough, I am likely the best time the Dragon have with the Imperial families at the moment, a relationship no less strained."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:21 am 

She really does have a cute laugh.

"Perhaps Agasha-sama underestimates herself. I could certainly see you guiding future generations, although court would be lesser without your radiance to gaze upon" she Looked back at Poemu "leaving me with nothing but origami roses to contend myself with."

There was a more somber nod at the second point.

"It is true, the relationship between our clans is strained, but as the tides come in, eventually they also go out. It does not have to remain strained."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:28 pm 

"Ah, but in both cases, you misunderstand me. I certainly hope to guide future Dragon, even if I have duties besides teaching. I also would not be here in Lion Land's if I didn't believe things could not be changed."

She glanced over at Homura, giving a playful smirk. "Really though... origami roses? I know there are other flowers in this court without resorting to paper for company."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:54 pm 

You missed it again. Maybe I'm expecting too much. Perhaps a bit more obvious hinting?

She lowered her voice again, her eyes looking up to meet the taller womans.

"One has spent too much time enjoying the company of certain types to see them in any other way" Homura winked "they certainly are no bright and radiant Sunflower like Agasha-sama."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:08 pm 

Poemu looked unsure how to respond a moment, a cross between flustered and uncertain. Finally she gave a soft, nearly silent sigh and a shy smile as she looked forward again. "Ikoma-san is certainly too kind, but... arigato. I like to think of myself as more of a useful flower, like the yarrow, rather than one that would be used for ea--"

If light bulbs had been invented, one would have turned on. The Agasha flushed deeply. "I-I think perhaps one can look at a sunflower and enjoy its beauty without any other uses."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:40 pm 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
His smile twitched but he restrained himself from chuckling as he usually would have done, afraid he might embarrass her or something similar and he had no desire to do that.

Instead he bowed his head quickly "Thank you Matsu-sama, your words are wise. Strength is something I lack, my body is more suited for agility and quickness." Indeed he was tall and obviously worked out but he was definitely on the leaner side of things "luckily with a katana not much strength is needed to do what must be done most of the time."

"Would you then reject some dojo sessions with me, meant to hone our respective sword-strengths?" She suggested with some deliberation but also with a surprising measure of spontaneity. Surprising to herself. On a cue, her whole body made a call for an intensive swordplay, the sooner the better, itching for movement and exertion. She imagined him getting struck with a shinai across his chest and it led to the widening of her pupils just as she looked at his knot when he remained bowed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:24 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu looked unsure how to respond a moment, a cross between flustered and uncertain. Finally she gave a soft, nearly silent sigh and a shy smile as she looked forward again. "Ikoma-san is certainly too kind, but... arigato. I like to think of myself as more of a useful flower, like the yarrow, rather than one that would be used for ea--"

If light bulbs had been invented, one would have turned on. The Agasha flushed deeply. "I-I think perhaps one can look at a sunflower and enjoy its beauty without any other uses."

There we go.

There was a smile at Poemu's words, and a brief pause to allow the women her lightbulb moment (ooc - LS1 activated targeting just Poemu) before speaking, leaning closer as she did so.

"A sunflower is a very useful and important flower Agasha-sama. While I don't mind admiring such a beautiful flower from afar, I would enjoy a chance to see her beauty up more..up close. Perhaps even show her how important she really is."

D1 LA temptation. VP spent. Bonus from LS1 and using LS3: 9d10o10k6 60

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:34 pm 

While Poemu was a stoic woman, she was still unused to such words, which left her quite deeply crimson indeed. Her fan was out immediately to hide herself, and it took her a moment to speak up meekly. "A-arigato Ikoma-s-san... you really are far t-too kind. I think that this is quite c-close enough for me, at the moment if you please."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:41 pm 

"As you say, Radiant Sunflower-sama. I did not mean now, but perhaps soon? Winter is not quite over after all" Homura gave the woman a nod and a soft smile, holding the womans gaze for a long moment before straightening up and looking away to allow Poemu a chance to catch her thoughts and calm herself.

"I wonder what kind of tree that is" Homura commented idly as she looked at the tree in the middle of the garden.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:48 pm 

It took Poemu some time to successfully calm herself, though most of that time seemed to be willing her flush away. Finally she took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh. "I had thought you were the tour guide Ikoma-san. Was that not a part of the tour?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:56 pm 

"Would you believe, no mention of the garden or story has said what type of tree it is. I hadn't even considered it before now, how very thoughtless of me. Please accept my apology."

Homura looked thoughtful.

"Looking at it, I would say a willow tree. What do you think Agasha-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:16 pm 

After another soft sigh to get her breathing back to normal, Poemu allowed herself a small smirk. "Agasha lands don't have many trees, not of that sort especially. Mmm... it could be a willow. Whatever it is, I've seen them in Miya lands before."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next