It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:33 am

Post subject: Re: No One Left Behind [Day 1, Late Morning] - OPEN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:59 pm 

Noticing a delay, Tsukimi looked back and saw the... odd standoff. If that was what it was. A bemused smile found its way to her face as she thought this scene seemed like something out of a certain philosophical tale.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:11 pm 

The cold chilly wind blows even stronger as two of the potentially stubbornness samurai in the whole Empire confronted each other's ego.

One of the huge battle cats yawns after some moments of inactivity, yet the samurai stand there. Looking to their path ahead.

Horonigai's left eyebrow starts to twitch momentarily as her –– no so polished –– patience burns out.

The Imperial brat grits her teeth and looks angrily to the Matsu, overstepping her On with a rather impolite commanding shout, and a pointed finger toward the city.

"DOUZO!"

LM1. Contested Etiquette/Willpower w/ Kogyoku. + Benten's + Rank1: 5d10o10k3 17

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:14 pm 

Homura looked at the Togashi with an amused smile, taking a step towards her and lowering her voice and hiding it behind her hand.

"I'm trying to decide what may break first, their bodies from the cold or their willpower. I don't think Matsu-sama has faced anyone like Seppun-sama before."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:17 pm 

Kōgyoku didn't indulge in a smirk, because the danger was not a laughing matter, but moved forth immediately once the Seppun had. "Thank you." She said wirh genuine appreciation and relief, for it hadn't been the case of her ego, but of enforcing Lion authority. If not for the weight of her duty, she wouldn't even be there. If Horonigai wanted to act as the leader of the return, she now well could.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:23 pm 

Tsukimi shrugged, giving Homura a knowing smirk.

And she figured that offering to carry the Imperial would only draw the young one's anger and that wouldnt serve anyone right now.

"Well then, let's go. Seppun-sama, there's an onsen here that will warm you right up."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:11 pm 

Fine!, she thinks while exclaiming, "Fine!"

Her sore feet drag the snow around, and pain starts to calm down her aggressiveness slowly. Horonigai chews on her lower lip, well aware she offended the Matsu with no good reason.

She glances over Kōgyoku first, and then over the rest of the samurai-ko, but struggles to find room to ask for an apology at this moment.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:15 pm 

And now the awkward silence. Lovely.

"Hai, lets" Homura nodded to the Togashi as she walked along at the front happily, stroking the blanket-wrapped cat in her arms. Motioning Erina over to her at the same time with a smile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:33 am 

Well, that was a thing.

"What just happened Ikoma-san?" Erina shook her head, reaching over to get the kitty. "And how do you know Seppun-sama?"

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:53 am 

Matsu Erina wrote:
Well, that was a thing.

"What just happened Ikoma-san?" Erina shook her head, reaching over to get the kitty. "And how do you know Seppun-sama?"

"I'll explain later Erina-chan" Homura whispered quietly to the woman as she leaned over to pet the cat, before returning to her normal voice "as for the honourable Seppun-sama? We both served at Winter Court together, and met a few times there, although I did try to not take too much of her very important time."

She bowed to the guards as they approached and entered.

"Have there been any other stragglers Matsu-san? I can't imagine any lost courtier trying to find this would have expected the sight of your dear feline friends" she gazed at the two large animal lions walking with them, then towards the Togashi, adding "they are friendly though, don't worry."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 am 

"All the better to keep any stragglers safe." Erina nods, still confused about what had happened.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Have there been any other stragglers Matsu-san? I can't imagine any lost courtier trying to find this would have expected the sight of your dear feline friends" she gazed at the two large animal lions walking with them, then towards the Togashi, adding "they are friendly though, don't worry."

The Togashi nodded thoughtfully, looking at the large cats with an amused expression. "The Tao teaches us; “Petting scorpions with a compassionate hand only gets you a sting”. One wonders what petting lions with a compassionate hand earns you..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:54 am 

Bite... was something Kōgyoku wouldn't take with a quotation from the Tao, a text she fully intended to consider alien and niche until her (unlikely) retirement. Instead, she remained on the lookout for any other stragglers as they walked, intentionally not paying attention to Horonigai's limping leg. Letting a samurai deal with their predicaments with honour was the essence of compassion, the very meaning of which the monk's musing was missing, she thought. In Kōgyoku's mind, honourable compassion and touching were as far apart as it could get.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:10 am 

As they approach, the young Seppun inhales her pride along with some air in her lungs. Chin up and back straight: the Imperial makes sure to enter the city stepping with her right foot. The limping one, unfortunately.

Horonigai turns to the entourage and provides a painful short bow. "Forgive my rudeness, minna-san. Thank you for your care."

It might not be enough. But more than this won't do any good, The Seppun nods once more eyes aimed to Homura.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:54 am 

Matsu Erina wrote:
"All the better to keep any stragglers safe." Erina nods, still confused about what had happened.

"Your devotion to the safety of others is warming. I would offer you a blanket but this one already claimed it" she motioned to the cat in her arms.

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
The Togashi nodded thoughtfully, looking at the large cats with an amused expression. "The Tao teaches us; “Petting scorpions with a compassionate hand only gets you a sting”. One wonders what petting lions with a compassionate hand earns you..."

"Hmm..."

Homura looked at the two large cats walking the flanks, protective of them. Or more likely, of Erina.

"It would depend if you approach them in a friendly fashion or not. Much like many things in life. A phrase springs to mind in this; 'Be acutely honest throughout your dealings with all people.' I cannot speak directly for Matsu-san" Homura nodded in respect to Erina "however Ore and Kamu have been nothing but friendly in the time I have known them. I'm sure they will be with you as long as your intent is pure."

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Horonigai turns to the entourage and provides a painful short bow. "Forgive my rudeness, minna-san. Thank you for your care."

It might not be enough. But more than this won't do any good, The Seppun nods once more eyes aimed to Homura.

Homura stopped, giving the woman a warm smile

"Seppun-sama, you have faced much in your diligent duties to ensure those who were unable to defend themselves made it back here safely. You are a Paragon of Compassion and honour. There is nothing to forgive my friend."

The Ikoma bowed deeply to Horonigai.

"But, if you would humour this little Lioness and her feline charge right now, please allow Togashi-san to address your wounds so that you may continue to serve with the Courage you have displayed in all the time I have been blessed to have known you and longer. We have arrived thanks to your efforts Seppun-sama, and I am certain we will need them again in the coming days. You would not wish to approach your first meeting with the honourable daimyo of this city to be delayed any longer than needed, ne?"

Homura was ready to hand over the cat again though.

D1 LM courtier to convince Horo to accept some treatment! 1k0 from LS1: 9d10o10k4 26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:34 pm 

"From these ones, you get purrs." Erina gives the tight smile to the Dragon at the comparison to Scorpion. "They are well trained, I can personally attest to that. As long as you don't betray their trust, or look to harm them, they can be the staunchest allies you ever meet, and wonderful companions. Great protectors as well, right Kamu."

The warcat seemed to sense a signal and yawned, flashing long ivory canines, then brushed alongside her master, tail batting Erina's side.

The possible slight met, Erina turns her attention to the small bundled cat. "I think this little one needs it more Ikoma-san"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:39 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Seppun-sama, you have faced much in your diligent duties to ensure those who were unable to defend themselves made it back here safely. You are a Paragon of Compassion and honour. There is nothing to forgive my friend."

Horonigai dismisses her praise with a shake of her head. "You flatter me, Ikoma-san. I am nothing of the sort. The Lion, in the other hand, is the one to be praised, ne~."

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"But, if you would humour this little Lioness and her feline charge right now, please allow Togashi-san to address your wounds so that you may continue to serve with the Courage you have displayed in all the time I have been blessed to have known you and longer. We have arrived thanks to your efforts Seppun-sama, and I am certain we will need them again in the coming days. You would not wish to approach your first meeting with the honourable daimyo of this city to be delayed any longer than needed, ne?"

The young Seppun Miharu sighs as Homura's honeyed words alert her of the duty to be performed, and no time to delay. Horonigai moves her eyes to Tsukimi with a gentle tilt of her head. and opens a tiny, short, little, itsy smile. "Etto. Gomen, ne, Togashi-san?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:46 pm 

Kōgyoku returned Horonigai's bow, a bit lower. "Welcome to Toshi no Omoidoso, Seppun-sama. I hope you'll find Lion hospitality to your satisfaction. May honour guide us all in these trying times." The apology was implicitly accepted without drawing attention to it. Kōgyoku was always reluctant to make the path back to honour more difficult for anybody than it already was.

She then bow to the others as well. "Gomen kudasai mina-san, but I must attend to my other duties."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:09 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
The young Seppun Miharu sighs as Homura's honeyed words alert her of the duty to be performed, and no time to delay. Horonigai moves her eyes to Tsukimi with a gentle tilt of her head. and opens a tiny, short, little, itsy smile. "Etto. Gomen, ne, Togashi-san?"

The Togashi smiled serenely to the princess, nodding her head. "All is well, Seppun-sama. Don't let it burden you further."

Sure, there seemed to have been a great disaster, but the important part was that now she was safe and away from harm.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:03 pm 

Matsu Erina wrote:
The possible slight met, Erina turns her attention to the small bundled cat. "I think this little one needs it more Ikoma-san"

Homura looked down at the small cat in her arms, before moving forward and offering the bundle of cat and blanket to Horonigai.

"He seems warm and happy now at least Seppun-sama. I hope he comes to visit though, he is adorable."

Seppun Horonigai wrote:

Horonigai dismisses her praise with a shake of her head. "You flatter me, Ikoma-san. I am nothing of the sort. The Lion, in the other hand, is the one to be praised, ne~."

Ikoma Homura wrote:

The young Seppun Miharu sighs as Homura's honeyed words alert her of the duty to be performed, and no time to delay. Horonigai moves her eyes to Tsukimi with a gentle tilt of her head. and opens a tiny, short, little, itsy smile. "Etto. Gomen, ne, Togashi-san?"[/quote]

"We live to serve, Seppun-sama" Homura offered at the praise, smiling more but allowing the Seppun to talk with the Dragon.

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
She then bow to the others as well. "Gomen kudasai mina-san, but I must attend to my other duties."

Homura bowed to the woman, having nothing more to say.