It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:57 pm 

Wasako did quietly nod in appreciate at the presented Tao quote from Kayou. She wasn't good at quoting the Tao but could appreciate their verse. The latter end had her a bit confused, however. It was a like an added footnote to another argument. However, she reasoned she might not see the trees from the forest.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:59 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Horonigai confirms the logical strategy it is to follow with a nod.

"The Steel Chrysanthemum is a returned spirit, as many confirmed. I still question myself why a Hantei Ancestor would return to... punish his own blood so mercilessly." The Seppun shakes her head negatively. She had passed both denial and anger, by now.

"It makes little sense. One thing, however, is certain. We must protect the younger Hantei by all means necessary."

She thought back to her time in his father's presence. He had been a kind man. A man who seemed dedicated to bettering the Empire as he could.

He did not deserve the fate that had fallen upon him.

No. Not fate. She reminded herself. Choices.

Last edited by Seppun Chiyo on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:01 pm 

"There will, of course, be much to come. I don't believe that will greatly change how the Dragon work however Matsu-san. We will talk about matters together, and debate our actions as a whole, but that might not bring a definitive agreement."

Poemu sipped her tea, then shrugged. "Then again, maybe if will."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:04 pm 

Sara merely inserted the right mmmm-ing noises in the discussion as she drank her tea and observed the interaction of the two.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:06 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"Thank you for your wisdom, Most Saintly Nun," he said to the woman.

Kayou bows. "You are kind, Asako-sama. This one's wisdom is all from the Tao."

"She hope that you are well, it has been . . . sometime since we last meet."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:10 pm 

Kayou wrote:
Kayou bows. "You are kind, Asako-sama. This one's wisdom is all from the Tao."

"She hope that you are well, it has been . . . sometime since we last meet."

“I can hardly thank the Little Teacher now can I, and the wisdom of a text means nothing if they are not exercised and given voice. Leadership does not win the war, but the General who understands it does,” he said in reply.

“It has been some time… yet it seems we cross paths when the Empire has great need. If there is a calamity I have but to look to the horizon to see the arrival of the Most Saintly Nun.”

“You look well, healthy, and whole; the Fortunes favor you.”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:27 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"There will, of course, be much to come. I don't believe that will greatly change how the Dragon work however Matsu-san. We will talk about matters together, and debate our actions as a whole, but that might not bring a definitive agreement."

Poemu sipped her tea, then shrugged. "Then again, maybe if will."

"I see. Well, if any information needs to be passed on, I will consider you the point of contact."

She shuffles herself in her seat to be more open to both Sara and Poemu instead of mostly facing Poemu.

"Shosuro-san was telling me earlier that she is part of an acting troupe! Does Agasha-sama have any artistic skills?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:30 pm 

"I would be more than honored to pass along any messages for my clan, be it from yourself or another from the Lion Matsu-san." She paused, shaking her head. "As to your question, Shosuro-san has actually offered to show me a little of her arts, and teach me the basics of a few. With all my other training, I have not had the time to properly work on learning an art. What of yourself Matsu-san?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:30 pm 

Seitouna finds himself moved to speak, so he sets aside his writing for a moment and makes what he intends to be a simple statement affirming support for the expected succession--but that comes out much more powerful than he had meant.

He gets ready to write again, but the words are not yet back to him.

(2 Imperialist Points, roll at [url]https://orokos.com/roll/797170[/url])

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:35 pm 

"Oh, how exciting! I have heard that you have never truly seen a good play until you have witnessed a full Shosuro production. You are quite lucky to have been given such a precious invitation to share skills, Agasha-sama."

She gives a look to Sara with beaming eyes, though her courtiers fan hides any other expression.

"As for myself, I have a small talent in calligraphy, and I have found that while first it was just for practical benefits, fletchery can also be quite artful and beautiful."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:55 pm 

Shimizu Kendo wrote:
Kendo nods.

"I think, perhaps, you and I both have a courtier in our history that taught us how to handle encounters like these. I must admit that I've abandoned some of the formula they've given to me, but that is somewhat a privilege of position."

"For me, this is no question of ambition as it relates to climbing the ladder. All of my ambition is that I do not fall and land on those below me." He gives a partial, mocking smile at himself.

"Isn't it more of a concern than ambition then, Matsu-sama, to spare the consequences of your hypothetical fall for those under your protection? Either way, we can't really fail as long as honour is our guide. Principled sacrifice is not a failure. It is those who pursue success and survival at all costs who would concern me more. Aren't we facing precisely that kind of man now?" Her words ring faithful and true, meant to pull him away from self-mockery. It was precisely the moment when the governor couldn't be second-guessing himself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:57 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
“I can hardly thank the Little Teacher now can I, and the wisdom of a text means nothing if they are not exercised and given voice. Leadership does not win the war, but the General who understands it does,” he said in reply.

“It has been some time… yet it seems we cross paths when the Empire has great need. If there is a calamity I have but to look to the horizon to see the arrival of the Most Saintly Nun.”

“You look well, healthy, and whole; the Fortunes favor you.”

She bows her head accepting the compliment. "Well spoken, Asako-sama."

"Do not take this amiss, Akako-sama, but she would not mind fewer calamities afflicting the Empire even if it meant our paths not crossing. She would rather be spreading proper yam planting and harvesting techniques that fighting another war."

"Which is why this one is healthy, much work in the fields."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:05 pm 

“No offense to the Sparrow, but I think I have had my fill of yams. Hopefully their new Champion and the new cultivation processes I was able to spearhead will aid them in diversifying their crop,” he said dryly.

“This is a far cry from the fields, were you summoned to Winter Court, were you there when the deed was done?” he asked of the nun.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:12 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
Wasako gave a cautious look around the courts, considering that there were actually Cranes in attendance. "A swift outcome would allow you to return to home sooner...although home might not be the same all things considered. I heard it's a very...unique situation."

"Home is home", he shrugged. "If this city ends up being a battlefield maybe i was supposed to be here. Not that i had some mysterious mountain sensei send me",, he gave her a deadpan look.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:22 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"Oh, how exciting! I have heard that you have never truly seen a good play until you have witnessed a full Shosuro production. You are quite lucky to have been given such a precious invitation to share skills, Agasha-sama."

She gives a look to Sara with beaming eyes, though her courtiers fan hides any other expression.

"As for myself, I have a small talent in calligraphy, and I have found that while first it was just for practical benefits, fletchery can also be quite artful and beautiful."

"Ah, quite the noble crafts indeed. The closest I could call to anything of the sort is my skill with riding horses and hunting. I suppose that's a bit of my training showing through that that's the closest I can claim."

Giving a soft sigh and sipping at her tea, she let her eyes flit around again. "Really, I wouldn't be surprised if a day for art wasn't arranged before we all are told to disperse. I imagine quite a few would find such a thing comforting."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:24 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
“No offense to the Sparrow, but I think I have had my fill of yams. Hopefully their new Champion and the new cultivation processes I was able to spearhead will aid them in diversifying their crop,” he said dryly.

“This is a far cry from the fields, were you summoned to Winter Court, were you there when the deed was done?” he asked of the nun.

Kayou cannot quite hide a smile as Kashiwagi complains about yams.

"Iye," she says, her mien becoming grim, "though she saw it in unclearly in a dream. This one had come to seek support for her Order among those that she has befriended over the years."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:28 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Eh, I've been here most of the season already, and gotten a little of the lay of the land," Baatar replied. "But don't let me stop you from talking to others - if you need to meet people, this is a good place for it."

"Is that so?" she said, somewhat amused. Perhaps she should make more of an effort to meet and speak with people.

"So have you made many friends this season, Moto-san? And few enemies, I hope?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:37 pm 

Kayou wrote:
Kayou cannot quite hide a smile as Kashiwagi complains about yams.

"Iye," she says, her mien becoming grim, "though she saw it in unclearly in a dream. This one had come to seek support for her Order among those that she has befriended over the years."

He nodded and only said, “I saw it quite clearly.”

“How has that gone for you, have you attracted many to your Order? I was always unclear on just how that worked, do you simply claim to be an order and that is that or do you have to be ratified by whatever passes for leadership among monks?”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:30 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
"Home is home", he shrugged. "If this city ends up being a battlefield maybe i was supposed to be here. Not that i had some mysterious mountain sensei send me",, he gave her a deadpan look.

After Norikami's deadpan look, she wordlessly looked back at him with a serious expression on her face.

"My uncle is not that mysterious," she said after breaking her demeanour with a chuckle. "His reasoning and wisdom might hard to decipher, I'll give you that. My reason for being here is pretty simple. However, you were brought here by fate which I would say perhaps has a far greater bearing that merely a hunch, albeit a wise one at that."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:38 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"My uncle is not that mysterious," she said after breaking her demeanour with a chuckle. "His reasoning and wisdom might hard to decipher, I'll give you that. My reason for being here is pretty simple. However, you were brought here by fate which I would say perhaps has a far greater bearing that merely a hunch, albeit a wise one at that."

"I'm a bit contradictory in that I do believe fate is a thing, but that it hasn't much meaning, it's just a culmination of past choices...a lot of them by people who have nothing else to do with you or your future."

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next