It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:15 pm

Post subject: Re: Sake to Me! [D1, EE, Open - Little Pearl Sake House]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:16 pm 

Asakuro's face betrayed no emotion as he listened to the naga, though he continued to idly swivel his sake cup on the table. "While it sounds, at least on this day, that most here have seen to float down the same direction when presented with the fork in the river, one imagines: a different city, the other fork being chosen. To what extent this one cannot say, but word of events will soon travel, as will many soon find themselves arriving upon the fork," he noted as he too waited to hear what the naga would say.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:48 pm 

He tilted his head in thought "That is a sticky situation, from what I understand of your culture. How many support him, and how many are just doing their duty as given to them by their lords, who have supported him. I think, and this is just my opinion, one must do all they can to peacefully resolve the situation and bring just the spiteful spirit to task for what he has done, or the spirit and those that directly helped. If, after he has been brought to task, they still seek to support him, then they are traitors, and you hold the moral high ground to punish those supporters then." He paused to accept a glass of water from the owner of the sake house, taking a drink to wet his throat.

"But to do so before the situation is made clear invites internecine conflict. Brother against brother, for nothing so much as an opinion of who to support. The other side sees themselves in the right, the same as you do. Prove them wrong with word and deed. Otherwise History might remember you in much the same way it remembers the Steel Chrysanthemum." His voice was calm, collected, as if he had put much thought into it.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:06 pm 

Soon enough, the hot soup, rice balls, and bits of fish make their appearance upon the table. As the servant finished setting down the final plate, bowed graciously, and departed, Asakuro set aside his sake cup so that he could produce from his stash a set of black chopsticks, shiny from lacquer but otherwise plain in design.

"I cannot see beyond the walls, Shakanar-san, but one wonders if a peaceful resolution is plausible at this point and if the fight has already begun elsewhere. Even without support in the courts, one hears that the Steel Chrysanthemum is not alone and has brought considerable support with him - even where brother will not strike brother, heavy is it still when one is facing Great-Great-Grandfather." He offered each of them first choice on a piece of dried fish before using his chopsticks to take one for himself.

"You draw much on our customs and laws in your argument, which is wise. This one wonders: have your people had similar experience upon which you draw forth such wisdom?"

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Profile!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:59 am 

Sugimoto turns to see the naga's response as well, realizing his knowledge of naga history was only slightly more than 'they exist'
"The future's answers lie in the past."
Typical Ikoma.

Carries: Himself with dignity.
Also, all the usual bushi gear.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:22 am 

"not....quite in the same way." He frowned a little, in a way that portrayed thoughtfulness over being upset. "We, the naga, all have a shared.....conciousness and soul, called the Akasha. We die, go back to it, and are reborn. The memories of all those who have been The Shakanar are stored in the Akasha. Their lives, what they did." He falls silent, thinking. "There were...dark times before we formed under a single banner. Wars between the races of naga. The memories of those times were dark."

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:01 am 

The Shakanar wrote:
"not....quite in the same way." He frowned a little, in a way that portrayed thoughtfulness over being upset. "We, the naga, all have a shared.....conciousness and soul, called the Akasha. We die, go back to it, and are reborn. The memories of all those who have been The Shakanar are stored in the Akasha. Their lives, what they did." He falls silent, thinking. "There were...dark times before we formed under a single banner. Wars between the races of naga. The memories of those times were dark."

"What happened when you rallied together? Did you accept all the other naga?"
Sugimoto appears genuinely curious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:09 pm 

"It was the birth of the Akasha. Living in harmony between the five great bloodlines after the war hungry and violent leader of the asp was struck down by his subordinate for his crimes against other naga. The Qatol united the five bloodlines together, and throught he akasha we found harmony and worked together." A faint frown. "Once again that harmony is shattered, but I hold hopes that one day, peace may be known again. Much of the Naga race were lost, either to the great sleep, or to the war with your people that was waged two and a half years ago. Much like the alliance between mine and your peoples, there were...growing pains. but the Akasha showed us much. it let us feel the experiences of each other, and the teachings of our leader let us slowly lay aside old wounds, and begin to heal."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:59 am 

The Shakanar wrote:
"It was the birth of the Akasha. Living in harmony between the five great bloodlines after the war hungry and violent leader of the asp was struck down by his subordinate for his crimes against other naga. The Qatol united the five bloodlines together, and throught he akasha we found harmony and worked together." A faint frown. "Once again that harmony is shattered, but I hold hopes that one day, peace may be known again. Much of the Naga race were lost, either to the great sleep, or to the war with your people that was waged two and a half years ago. Much like the alliance between mine and your peoples, there were...growing pains. but the Akasha showed us much. it let us feel the experiences of each other, and the teachings of our leader let us slowly lay aside old wounds, and begin to heal."

But the asp leader did have to die....
This was all getting very complicated for the magistrate, he munches a small bit of the food on offer carefully

"Thank you for sharing this history Shakanar-san, your perspective was appreciated. One more piece of the puzzle I am assembling."
He nods his head politely to the naga
"I hope others can be persuaded of the same wisdom in reasonable time."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:04 am 

"Yes, thank you for sharing your most unique perspective, Shakanar-san," the Tortoise also responded and nodded before picking out a rice ball for himself. There is much to learn - Seitouna should inquire and document if given chance to do so.

"Have you collected many pieces, Ikoma-sama? Or are we among the early ones?"

Profile!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:32 am 

He gave a nod to the thanks given, and went quiet to listen to the Lion, interested in what he had observed, what he could bring forth.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:46 am 

"You are both early in my investigation."
Sugimoto exhales loudly through his nostrils

"This is a complicated matter, and in such issues I always seek the testimony of honourable samurai and-" pause "Naga" I guess naga too.
"I cannot understand why any samurai would support the pretender, nor am I qualified to presume their punishment. Today you have both testified on the issue, and your statements have been noted."
This time he really spears his food with the chopsticks, as though jabbing them into an enemy's heart
"Further investigation will have to continue, I shall need to track down a pretender supporter and question them, perhaps even one of our returned ancestors if they are amicable" What was some slaughter induced insanity before the law
"Thank you both for your candour." What Sugimoto meant was 'you didn't live up to the negative lion stereotypes we have of you both, good job!'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:03 am 

"The one I heard speaking for the....." He paused, as if to pick his words carefully "Usurper, was wearing the colors of the mantis. Not the one known as Kanade-san. This one was not familiar to me, but I heard her speech and argument in court, between defusing fights and withstanding the barbed tongues of those who believed otherwise " A faint smile as he dug into the food, seeming to favor meat over rice, though he ate that too, seeming to just revel in trying each dish, in trying something new and rokugani.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:05 am 

"Mmm... this one did not overhear the argument to be made on that front, but was curious to hear if others held such an opinion on the matter. Interesting to hear from Shakanar-san that such is the case, at least one, if not a few - curious as to the position, and if so, why. The events as they have unfolded from Morikage Toshi are still raw, and though they may hold such opinions as of this day, there are still many days ahead where directions toward a different path might be given, not just here but all around as well," the Tortoise added, setting aside his chopsticks momentarily to refill the sake cups - and, for the naga, cool water poured from a different serving bottle - and partake some of the thankfully-still-hot liquid from his own cup.

Profile!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:12 am 

The Shakanar wrote:
"The one I heard speaking for the....." He paused, as if to pick his words carefully "Usurper, was wearing the colors of the mantis. Not the one known as Kanade-san. This one was not familiar to me, but I heard her speech and argument in court, between defusing fights and withstanding the barbed tongues of those who believed otherwise " A faint smile as he dug into the food, seeming to favor meat over rice, though he ate that too, seeming to just revel in trying each dish, in trying something new and rokugani.

The Lion nods, filing that away
"I will speak with them."
He probably does just mean speak

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"Mmm... this one did not overhear the argument to be made on that front, but was curious to hear if others held such an opinion on the matter. Interesting to hear from Shakanar-san that such is the case, at least one, if not a few - curious as to the position, and if so, why. The events as they have unfolded from Morikage Toshi are still raw, and though they may hold such opinions as of this day, there are still many days ahead where directions toward a different path might be given, not just here but all around as well," the Tortoise added, setting aside his chopsticks momentarily to refill the sake cups - and, for the naga, cool water poured from a different serving bottle - and partake some of the thankfully-still-hot liquid from his own cup.

"The path towards loyalty is the only true one."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:34 am 

A faint nod. "It may be they do not know the full measure of the information. As I said, they were not someone that I recognized. It may also be that someone higher in their command chain has ordered such to be done. There is too much unknown to make a ruling on such, if i was ruling on such as a vedic of the pale eye."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:47 am 

The Shakanar wrote:
A faint nod. "It may be they do not know the full measure of the information. As I said, they were not someone that I recognized. It may also be that someone higher in their command chain has ordered such to be done. There is too much unknown to make a ruling on such, if i was ruling on such as a vedic of the pale eye."

"I shall uncover the root of the issue. I am sure there will be no difficulty."
It's a Mantis, they'll probably try to start a bar fight, bribe me, or both.