It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:54 am 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
"Might be that's the case, but fun on it's own is much more low budget. It's something to keep in mind at your own pace, we might be in need of entertainment in the next few weeks."

It was unfortunate to mention, but there was likely a fight coming there way, and who knew how strong the enemy really was?

"In the next few weeks..." She repeated questioningly as she glanced about the room. It was hard to imagine that there could be mayhem coming, then again maybe that was the effect and allure of court to those who thrived in it. "Does Bayushi-san think that this is something that's going to draw out this long?"

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:58 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"In the next few weeks..." She repeated questioningly as she glanced about the room. It was hard to imagine that there could be mayhem coming, then again maybe that was the effect and allure of court to those who thrived in it. "Does Bayushi-san think that this is something that's going to draw out this long?"

He shook his head.

"Hard to say, there are reasons it could go swiftly, both ill and good. Reasons it could go on a long while. Depends on where each side chooses to show their strength."

He snorted. "I'm sounding too much like Crane guesswork, fact is there isn't any peace in the near future, short or not there'll be blood."

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:44 am 

Kakita Rin wrote:
He passed his cup across with a nod, and considered the scene before him once again. Hand to chin he took his time deciding.

With a deft manoeuvre the Lion marched in and shouldered the Scorpion aside so it's maned head was poised above the hapless Tortoise.

She had been waiting for this moment. Delicately the Scorpion moved to "support" the Lion. The tortoise was probably done for, but the Lion would not have long to curse its sudden but inevitable betrayal.

Tetsuko fanned herself a moment then lifted the pot, judging its level of content. With a nod to a servant she returned her gaze to Rin.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:59 am 

Wasako gave a cautious look around the courts, considering that there were actually Cranes in attendance. "A swift outcome would allow you to return to home sooner...although home might not be the same all things considered. I heard it's a very...unique situation."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:02 am 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"Seems like you have managed to get some good connections with other samurai, Moto-san, even if you've not been here for that long. I should probably work on that myself."

"Eh, I've been here most of the season already, and gotten a little of the lay of the land," Baatar replied. "But don't let me stop you from talking to others - if you need to meet people, this is a good place for it."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:50 am 

Bayushi Sukekage pops in, fashionably late as well as attired. He watches the ongoing debate with some mild interest, but shows no inclination to join it - especially as it seems that the side he supports is already represented quite well on the floor. So, he is content to sit back and people-watch.

(PM if approaching, please.)

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:59 am 

"Certainly, the current Empress is in the right." The young Carp had been in the background, not one to call attention to himself. Speaking with other members of the retinue, until he was asked his opinion on the current state of affairs. "How could their be any other option."

EA1 - Courtly Debates - Influence Roll - Imperialist (Awa 4, Courtier 3, Prodigy +1k0, VP +1k1, 2 Raises, TN25): 9d10o10k5 34 3 Imperialist Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:00 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
"The returned Hantei..." Horonigai mentions, and takes some time to swallow her thoughts before explaining to Chiyo.

"... he demanded Hantei XXII to abdicate and recognize his predecessor as sovereign." She looks up trying to find air.

"That...that is not how the Emperor is determined. His reign was over..." she shook her head, clearing her thoughts.

"As I suppose Hantei-dono's is now as well.

A fleeting look of abject terror passed across her face, then passes just as quickly.

"If he means to take the throne, he will have to pass through here on his way to Otosan Uchi. It is the same place to which I was bound..." she said, thinking out loud.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:17 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:

Mogami looks out over the crowded masses

"A mess, really. Trying to fit two courts worth of people here is a challenge."

She looks back to the two

"What are your thoughts on the current situation?"

Sara wordlessly offered some tea and snacks to Mogami.

"We are in trying times unfortunately, especially in this dire situation." She responded diplomatically for now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:22 am 

Mogami graciously accept the offering and takes a small nibble, followed by the tea to wash it down. She produces her courtier fan to cover her face as she takes bites.

"Dire indeed, though we have many here to guide us. The Phoenix for example are lead by the war hero, Asako Kashiwagi. Your own clan, the Shoshuro daimyo, and us Lion the Kitsu Daimyo."

Mogami looks to Poemu.

"And of the Dragon, who leads their contingent here?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:41 pm 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
Matsu Erina wrote:

Yukinaga heard the woman who had spoken after him and noted her location. After sometime listening to others speak and even one who seemed to favor the murderous returned emporer he sought out this Matsu.

"Thank you for supporting my words today Matsu-san." He said with a smile though the expression remained hidden behind his mempo. "It is good to see many think along the same lines we do."

"It is the time for solidarity." Erina nods in agreement. "I believe that only one has spoken up in opposition. An opportunist, I assume, who wants to ride the bucking horse because it is moving the fastest and paying no heed to the likelihood of being thrown...or what damage they wreak along the way."

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:15 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
She had been waiting for this moment. Delicately the Scorpion moved to "support" the Lion. The tortoise was probably done for, but the Lion would not have long to curse its sudden but inevitable betrayal.

Tetsuko fanned herself a moment then lifted the pot, judging its level of content. With a nod to a servant she returned her gaze to Rin.

Rin leaned back. Would the Lion have anticipated the Scorpion during it's attack, or would the reckless nature of the charge cause it to neglect to cover it's rear? Was there an Akodo general in charge here . . . or perhaps a Matsu?

He contemplated the dilemma for some time. Enough that the servant returned with fresh tea for them before smiling. There was a factor they had forgotten.

He reached forward and moved the Naga to loom over the Scorpion.

Status 1.0 * Glory 2.0 * Honour Exceptional

Carries: Daisho, fan. When appropriate: Light Armour and Yumi.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:46 pm 

Seitouna suddenly pauses, taken with an unpleasant idea. But he writes it out, anyway.
Quote:
As the players put on their shows for the Governor and for themselves, parts being adapted and performed, I began to wonder how many of those who had fled to Toshi no Omoidasu this morning were sincere and how many were...otherwise. Because it seems that a good time to make clandestine motions is when much else is moving, the general tumult serving to conceal.

How many who had joined us were simply waiting to strike?

Of course, some would always have been; such is the nature of court. But, knowing how much support there must be for the child of Hantei XXII, may his memory never fade, it could not but be a warning or a threat--and an opportunity to show strength by eliminating it.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:57 pm 

Seppun Chiyo wrote:
"That...that is not how the Emperor is determined. His reign was over..." she shook her head, clearing her thoughts.

"As I suppose Hantei-dono's is now as well.

A fleeting look of abject terror passed across her face, then passes just as quickly.

"If he means to take the throne, he will have to pass through here on his way to Otosan Uchi. It is the same place to which I was bound..." she said, thinking out loud.

Horonigai confirms the logical strategy it is to follow with a nod.

"The Steel Chrysanthemum is a returned spirit, as many confirmed. I still question myself why a Hantei Ancestor would return to... punish his own blood so mercilessly." The Seppun shakes her head negatively. She had passed both denial and anger, by now.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:02 pm 

Shimizu Kendo wrote:
"A Lion should not believe itself a house cat. Even a weak Lion has sharp larger claws." He rolls his shoulders and shifts his weight, having been sitting for hours.

"But I do not know much of your story to know competence, it is true. But every samurai has a role to play in what is to come, even those who won't earn glory." He looks at her. "Do you truly believe that is you, you who reacted to a mere look with intention to act?"

"Then a sharp claw I am once the need arises. I started my adult life in the fires of the War of Burnt Wings, at the battle of Pale Oak Castle. Since then, I've been committed to doing my best over the years to render the acquired provinces functioning well under Lion rule, first as a yoriki, then as a magistrate. You know what it has involved, being the governor here, Shimizu-sama, so it's pointless and unjust to spell it out as if the credit was mine in any way."

She gave a thought to his words as they came from a superior, even though she knew what she wanted to say.

"I may forego ambition, Shimizu-sama, but it just removes a layer of consideration that precludes immediate action. Nothing can hold me back from serving the Lion to the fullest of my ability." She then quoted. "This is how I was taught on samurai's purpose from 'Leadership' by my sensei, and this is how I have lived."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:17 pm 

Kendo nods.

"I think, perhaps, you and I both have a courtier in our history that taught us how to handle encounters like these. I must admit that I've abandoned some of the formula they've given to me, but that is somewhat a privilege of position."

"For me, this is no question of ambition as it relates to climbing the ladder. All of my ambition is that I do not fall and land on those below me." He gives a partial, mocking smile at himself.

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:16 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Mogami graciously accept the offering and takes a small nibble, followed by the tea to wash it down. She produces her courtier fan to cover her face as she takes bites.

"Dire indeed, though we have many here to guide us. The Phoenix for example are lead by the war hero, Asako Kashiwagi. Your own clan, the Shoshuro daimyo, and us Lion the Kitsu Daimyo."

Mogami looks to Poemu.

"And of the Dragon, who leads their contingent here?"

The Agasha gave a wispy smirk. "We are a clan with much personal freedom Matsu-san, as befits a clan of isolated contemplation. In any other clan, I could perhaps say my role as a senior diplomat would give me greater say, but I would hardly make a habit of dictating to our Togashi present."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:21 pm 

"Please, excuse this one for just a moment, Nagiko-san," Kayou says.

She steps forward, bows to all, and speaks clearly. "It is an unfortunate time for the Empire. Good people have died needlessly because a echo from our past claims what is not rightfully his.

As the Tao says:
Better to stop short than fill to the brim.
Oversharpen the blade, and the edge will soon blunt.
Amass a store of gold and jade, and no one can protect it.
Claim wealth and titles, and disaster will follow.
Retire when the work is done.
This is the way of heaven.

The Way of Heaven and of the Tao are not being followed by this usurper. Let all rally to defend the Empire and guide it back to its Tao."

She bows deeply and withdraws back to the crowd.

OOC: For Imperialist, 4 points, roll here.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:42 pm 

"Thank you for your wisdom, Most Saintly Nun," he said to the woman.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:54 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
The Agasha gave a wispy smirk. "We are a clan with much personal freedom Matsu-san, as befits a clan of isolated contemplation. In any other clan, I could perhaps say my role as a senior diplomat would give me greater say, but I would hardly make a habit of dictating to our Togashi present."

"In the coming days, personal freedoms may be required to be set aside. There are may of the Togashi here from my understanding. Many more than I have ever seen in one place. Perhaps that is a sign of something more to come?"

She takes another sip of tea from behind her fan, keeping her mouth concealed.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next