It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:58 pm

Post subject: Remember, Remember (Day 1 Late Evening)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:34 pm 

Once a week visit the Shrine of Remembrance. It was a bit of an odd local superstition but as a Mantis and a priest Osamu had come to respect such things, while it was unlikely that anything would happen, a bit of caution was never a bad idea in times like these. Walking around the small shrine he found a good place and took a seat, closing his eyes as if to meditate, the hour was late after all and he didn't expect much in the way of company. So, what do you truly think of this foolishness exhibited by the larger clans? The voice came unbidden to his ears and he fought off the urge to frown. Throwing away the lives of two of their warriors to save face in front of an enemy. Disgusting isn't it, and wasteful. I would of taken people with that sort of talent under my wing, it's hard to find good killers like that.

"It's not my place to say." Osamu answered softly. "Especially not in a place like this." Afraid of rising the ire of those long dead then? This was followed by a snort only he could hear. I suppose I can't argue the wisdom in that.

Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Carries: Robes, Scroll Satchel, Wakizahi, chopsticks, odd and ends

Post subject: Re: Remember, Remember (Day 1 Late Evening)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:40 pm 

A creature entered behind him, the sound of slithering softer than footsteps as she entered. Proper gestures were made before she headed over to the scrolls, curious about the point of the shrine. She she past, she bent at... what must be the hips. "Good evening."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:12 pm 

A snake person. That was something new for Setsuna, even if they had heard of them before. Stabbing it... Her was certainly out of the question well, unless she started attacking them.

Them being both Setsuna and this Mantis. Yet another Mantis.

Would Setsuna act, though, if only he were attacked? That was to be seen, as Setsuna merely waited in the background, watching the interaction take place between man and snake girl.

Typically Carries: Daisho, Jitte, Fan, Personal Seal, Umbrella

DECEASED as of Day 11, Late Afternoon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:22 pm 

Naga, the were still an oddity to Osamu, and honestly he thought that they were more suited to myth then reality. Still there was no arguing about their existence when you were in the presence of one.

"Good evening." He offered in return to the scales woman, bending slightly in his seated position to offer something of a bow. His eyes tracked her as the woman, did you call lady again that? Slithered towards the scroll. "First time here?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:52 pm 

Her tail moved along behind her, curling into a coil which she "sat" on once it was fully formed. "Yes. I was curious about the purpose of this shrine," she agreed. "I am The Saravya."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:49 am 

"Osamu, of the Mantis." He returned the introduction with a polite nod. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance The Saravaya." He struggled a bit with the pronunciation or her name, it being a bit alien to him, but managed, mostly.

Glancing to the shrine he frowned slightly. "Its a story of a young woman, who got killed by her lover for doing the right thing at least in her mind. Though the scrolls there can likely tell you better then I."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:09 am 

"Is Saravaya a title then?" Setsuna called out. They stepped forward towards the other two, gaze now to the shrine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:14 am 

The snake nodded to the other woman. She had noticed her, but she seemed like she hadn't wanted to be bothered. "Yes. It refers to a particular specialization of scout."

Then she returned her gaze to the Mantis. "And yourself, The Osamu. Yes. It seems... complicated. Though it seems like the interrelations between Rokugani bloodlines are commonly such."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:10 am 

The new arrival recieved a bow, if he had noticed the Scorpion he had made no indication. "Many things are within our Empire, your right about that. Is it different among your people though?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:42 am 

"Would that make me 'The Bayushi,' as is among humans? Or perhaps 'The Bushi' is more sensible." Setsuna shrugged. "It would not proper to mistake me for Bayushi no Kami himself."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:25 am 

"Bayushi would be... ah, I think a sub-bloodline within the Scorpion bloodline. You would be... ah, well, I don't know your given name, but it would be that."

"Our people share a collective soul," she replied with a shrug. "For the most part, it's difficult to conceal things from each other or have hidden intentions. Things are... slightly more complicate right now, but that's the general situation."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:47 am 

That sounded rather awkward, and was really something Osamu had little interest in learnihn more about. at best it must be awkward after all, and more then a little alien. "I see. It seems both of our peoples have their complications then..." He repleid trailing off after a few moments. "I suppose the same could be said of most thinking beings though. At least as far as I've seen." Which really wasn't all to far.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:14 pm 

"The spirits you speak with must also be complex," Setsuna remarked, glancing at the scroll satchel. The bushi then shrugged. "The Setsuna or 'Setsuna' would be acceptable for me."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:39 am 

"That's something the Cobra would know of more than I," she replied. "It's a pleasure to meet you, The Setsuna."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:26 am 

"That bring up something I find a bit interesting though.: Osamu offered glancing between the two. "If there only one Naga called The Saravaya, or multiple. As I know for a fact there are more them one Samurai named Setsuna."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:54 pm 

"The Saravya encompasses a fairly specific set of abilities and duties, but it's entirely possible there are more than one of us with those," she nodded.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:14 pm 

"Then how would one differentiate between the two?" Setsuna glanced at the Mantis. "Have you heard of multiple Bayushi Setsuna?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:21 pm 

"They would look different and have different challenges than I do, I expect," she replied with a shrug. "I imagine there is more than one Bayushi Setsuna. There are a great many Rokugani, far more than us. And I gather you choose your title, so maybe there's someone with similar taste or who finds the name equally significant."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:06 am 

"I haven't met all that many Scorpions, Bayushi-sama. So the answer would be no." His eyes moved towards the snake woman. "The Saravaya makes a good point though. We samurai choose our names and there are far more of us then their are names."

"So I wouldn't be surprised if there were more then a few that share a name with you."