It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:09 pm 

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
"I did some work to that end, but most of the agreements were quite small. I hope that they will be good starting points for increasing connections moving forward," he replies with a nod. "I likely did not do amazingly well or anything, but I feel I met most of the specific targets that Ryuuta-dono expected of me. But I do suspect that a fair amount of the documentation about deals and agreements may likely now be lost."

"I must admit I don't believe any of our delegation made it back to our quarters to retrieve our documents either, it was a rather frantic exit. One imagines that it is all probably still there though, just waiting to be reclaimed after this....abomination of an army are put down."

There's a definite vitriol behind Iko's words even if her volume is low, so as not to offend any potential SC supporters.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:13 pm 

Wasako looked around, a bit bemused and amused at the same time. "...I confess I didn't know there was a game going on at the moment. I might have been better prepared for it if I knew the rules to begin with. My apologies if it seemed like I blundered my way through."

She nodded slowly. "I suppose it could be dangerous...but sometimes that's just the reality of it? One cannot ask someone else to look at a lake and expect everyone to see the same thing. I suppose we should see the lake but where are our eyes truly looking at?"

"The philosophy of my sword..." She said with a breath as she didn't know where to start. "I suppose it's easier to talk about my singing voice, to be honest."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:15 pm 

Seeing nothing of note, and seeing the brief exchange between the governor and another Lion, Seitouna returns to his writing:

Quote:
The Governor found himself focused on the doings of the court before him, which began to separate into smaller groups, the thunder of their unified drumming losing its rhythm and quieting. A single Matsu put herself forward, to the Governor's approval, and it seemed that much of the momentum that had been building among the rest began to play out. Heroes of some renown turned away from the matter of most eminence--but, again, it is sometimes in the smallest things that we are reminded most of who and what we are.

I note that the Tortoise remain a small Clan, even now.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:19 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"The philosophy of my sword..." She said with a breath as she didn't know where to start. "I suppose it's easier to talk about my singing voice, to be honest."

“You have my attention,” he said to the Dragon.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:26 pm 

With a his own amusement Norikami tilted his head slightly.

"I'll settle for singing, what's the song?"

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:13 pm 

Wasako gave a big blink at both men and found herself blushing as she dipped into a deep bow to hide her embarassment. "Sumimasen, minasama. I didn't meant to imply that I was going to sing. I mean to say that talking about my singing voice was a simpler topic...because I don't have one. I don't sing. Sorry to disappoint."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:14 pm 

“See the mysteries of the Dragon at work, and what of you Bayushi-san, how is your singing voice?” he asked.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:22 pm 

He blew some smoke out the window, chuckling to himself as he was turned from them.

"That's alright, Mirumoto-san, I'm sure its something to work on. Though i figure being in that mountain air trains your breath well enough." His gaze flicked over to the Phoenix. "I might know a marching tune or two Asako-dono, but nothing that's scoring me points in court. Yourself?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:26 pm 

Kōgyoku accepted the governor's unspoken disposition to not overthink things and looked the other way, toward the busy courtroom.

[Still approachable]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:34 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
She nodded a fraction, raising a cup to her lips and sipping delicately. Setting the cup down again she moved the little Naga away from the others.

Judging the positions she made a slight adjustment. The naga was now facing away from the other three pieces.

Rin nodded in return, yet he continued to consider the small paper sculptures intently. His hand hovered close to his tea cup but when he moved it was not for refreshment. No, instead it was to pick up the Lion and move it to the other side of the Scorpion.

Status 1.0 * Glory 2.0 * Honour Exceptional

Carries: Daisho, fan. When appropriate: Light Armour and Yumi.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:39 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
He blew some smoke out the window, chuckling to himself as he was turned from them.

"That's alright, Mirumoto-san, I'm sure its something to work on. Though i figure being in that mountain air trains your breath well enough." His gaze flicked over to the Phoenix. "I might know a marching tune or two Asako-dono, but nothing that's scoring me points in court. Yourself?"

"Passable," he said with a shrug.

"I know where my talents lie and singing is not one of them."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:51 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Ah yes, I am familiar with Ikoma-san as well. I was most busy preparing for the play, but even I heard of Asako-Kashiwagi-sama..." her train of thought changed as she saw the new arrival.

"Matsu-san, would you care to join us for some tea?"

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Mogami's eyes twinkle in recognition.

"Ah, Shosuro-san! I did not recognize you from across the room."

Realizing she is showing much to...much...she opens her fan in front of her face and bows to the Dragon, her Budoka following suit lower.

"Matsu Mogami"

She offers to the woman.

"And I would be delighted!"

Poemu gave a nod at the conversation, even as Mogami sat. "An honor to make your acquaintance Matsu-san. This one is Agasha Poemu. Shosuro-san and I were just discussing the court at Morikage Toshi and those that have gathered here."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:01 pm 

Kayou wrote:
Kayou pauses, still keeping her voice low. "An ancestor coming from the Realm of Mischief? That would be most unusual, this one would think," her mind whirling trying to thing of the circumstances that would have lead to an ancestor being assigned to that realm. "They would be very troublesome but not of necessity, evil."

'' Ah, i see.'' Nagiko felt at ease with that explanation. '' Well this is all theoretical ''she said '' I don't know much, but could you be assigned, ancestors of other realms right? if i'm understanding correctly...''

'' One could have ancestors in all realms, then?''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:18 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"I must admit I don't believe any of our delegation made it back to our quarters to retrieve our documents either, it was a rather frantic exit. One imagines that it is all probably still there though, just waiting to be reclaimed after this....abomination of an army are put down."

There's a definite vitriol behind Iko's words even if her volume is low, so as not to offend any potential SC supporters.

"Though any agreements that were made and specifically sanctioned by the Son of Heaven that are lost are likely just lost and will require renegotiation or new sanctioning after this crisis is dealt with."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:26 pm 

Wasako gave a small chuckle in good humour. "If this is meant to be a mystery, I suppose it's one that it might be one that I'm not privy to. Perhaps the best sort of mystery. It is true that the mountain air does allow for good training, to a point. While highly unlikely to start by singing alone, avalanches are something worth considering with each practice. I do have admiration for something could stand solely on their artistic merits."

"This being a court..." she said as she looked around. "I don't think I've been briefed fully on the attendance but I imagine there must be a handful of artisans among us."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:33 pm 

Kakita Rin wrote:
Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
Rin nodded in return, yet he continued to consider the small paper sculptures intently. His hand hovered close to his tea cup but when he moved it was not for refreshment. No, instead it was to pick up the Lion and move it to the other side of the Scorpion.

Tetsuko pondered this for a few moments, refreshing both of their cups. When she moved again it was a graceful but determined motion. As her hand returned to her lap the Tortoise was left resting upon its shell, legs toward the sky.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:38 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
Wasako gave a small chuckle in good humour. "If this is meant to be a mystery, I suppose it's one that it might be one that I'm not privy to. Perhaps the best sort of mystery. It is true that the mountain air does allow for good training, to a point. While highly unlikely to start by singing alone, avalanches are something worth considering with each practice. I do have admiration for something could stand solely on their artistic merits."

"This being a court..." she said as she looked around. "I don't think I've been briefed fully on the attendance but I imagine there must be a handful of artisans among us."

No fair changing the subject...
"What do i need with an artisan when I'm talking to you, Mirumoto-san? Or are you trying to get rid of me already?" He didn't feign hurt, he simply asked the question.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:42 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:

"You have no artistic talents?" he asked curiously.

"Nothing you enjoy, simply for the joy of it?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:45 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
Tetsuko pondered this for a few moments, refreshing both of their cups. When she moved again it was a graceful but determined motion. As her hand returned to her lap the Tortoise was left resting upon its shell, legs toward the sky.

Rin tapped a finger against the rim of his cup in praise at the bold move. He took a sip and considered what this would mean in the greater scheme of things. A moment later and he nodded.

He reached forward and with a delicate push rotated the hapless turtle on it's back a half circle.

Status 1.0 * Glory 2.0 * Honour Exceptional

Carries: Daisho, fan. When appropriate: Light Armour and Yumi.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:47 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
Kōgyoku accepted the governor's unspoken disposition to not overthink things and looked the other way, toward the busy courtroom.

[Still approachable]

Kendo beckons her to come closer with a hand gesture and a smile.

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next