It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:00 pm

Post subject: Re: [D1LE] Haunting Melody
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:06 am 

"One can certainly apply their lessons to other areas of life." Touki intoned. "Perhaps even to the stage. I don't know."

He bowed acknowledgement of her point. "I see." He said softly. His On was good as he studied her, his dark eyes meeting hers.

"Grief and fear are alike, I think." Touki said suddenly. "And the Empire has felt both today. It will be hard." He bowed. "If you would take a word of advice from this one... I think a play would be just the thing. For everyone." Her included; the meaning was probably clear.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:16 am 

Akodo Touki wrote:
"One can certainly apply their lessons to other areas of life." Touki intoned. "Perhaps even to the stage. I don't know."

He bowed acknowledgement of her point. "I see." He said softly. His On was good as he studied her, his dark eyes meeting hers.

"Grief and fear are alike, I think." Touki said suddenly. "And the Empire has felt both today. It will be hard." He bowed. "If you would take a word of advice from this one... I think a play would be just the thing. For everyone." Her included; the meaning was probably clear.

Sara observed Touki as he spoke, studying him in some way. "A true actress always listens to advice, and accepts or discards it as is her prerogative." She smiled faintly. "The stage as a battlefield...or is the battlefield a stage instead?" She let out a giggle. "Look at the quandaries we are plunging into here Akodo-san."

She gave him a small nod at the end. "A play, you say? Why, I know just the person who could organize it."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:52 pm 

"There have been times that battle has felt rather like playacting." Touki said dryly. "I will admit, I didn't expect to plunge into any quandaries tonight. It's been a surprise." A brief hesitation. "A pleasant one, I'll admit. Although I half expect to find that I've drifted off, and this has all been a strange dream." He turned his half-smile on her, smiling more with his eyes than with his lips.

Touki nodded. "And who do you know who would organize it, miss?" He dutifully supplied the straight line; he was pretty sure that she meant herself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:13 pm 

"Oh?" she stepped scandalously close, their bodies mere inches away. "Am I a dream then, Akodo-san? Or just a nightmare?"

She smiled coyly as she twirled around him once again. "I seem to have an abundance of free time at the moment. Perchance I will see about gracing the stages of Toshi no Omoidoso."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:25 pm 

Touki blinked as Sara suddenly moved close. Very close, enough that the warmth of her body was a tangible thing. He'd been able to tell at a glance that she was beautiful... but Touki suddenly found himself much more aware of it. "A dream, no doubt." He murmured, voice soft. "I could hardly call you a nightmare, miss."

He let out a breath as she began to dance around him once more; this time, he didn't turn to match her. "Indeed." Touki said, giving her a nod when she was next in front of him. "Take your spotlight, as you say. I think that I would enjoy seeing you perform." And of course, it would help her recover; something he knew from experience.

Again, Touki inclined his head. "Please let me know if I can assist in any way."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:37 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Touki blinked as Sara suddenly moved close. Very close, enough that the warmth of her body was a tangible thing. He'd been able to tell at a glance that she was beautiful... but Touki suddenly found himself much more aware of it. "A dream, no doubt." He murmured, voice soft. "I could hardly call you a nightmare, miss."

He let out a breath as she began to dance around him once more; this time, he didn't turn to match her. "Indeed." Touki said, giving her a nod when she was next in front of him. "Take your spotlight, as you say. I think that I would enjoy seeing you perform." And of course, it would help her recover; something he knew from experience.

Again, Touki inclined his head. "Please let me know if I can assist in any way."

Sara smirked. "Well, I hope I won't haunt your sleep too much." She lowered her voice almost to a whisper. "So helpful Akodo-san...any good performance is in need of good music. Or would you like to join me on the stage perhaps?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:44 pm 

Touki crossed his arms. "I'm sure." He said, dryly amused. He was pretty sure she was teasing him.

He blinked. He'd thought more along the lines of helping her find people. "On stage? I am no actor, miss." His expression turned more thoughtful. "But... music, you say? I admit, the suggestion intrigues me..."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:00 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Touki crossed his arms. "I'm sure." He said, dryly amused. He was pretty sure she was teasing him.

He blinked. He'd thought more along the lines of helping her find people. "On stage? I am no actor, miss." His expression turned more thoughtful. "But... music, you say? I admit, the suggestion intrigues me..."

Sara giggled, then turned to him, face to face. "Well, nothing some diligent practicing won't help, but if music is what intrigues you instead of standing on the stage together, I am quite flexible in where you play your part Akodo-san."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:10 pm 

"I think we would need another whole year for even someone with your skills to teach me to act, miss." Touki said, amused.

"Flexible. Indeed." Touki echoed dryly. "Well, if Shosuro-sama believes that my skill with the flute would add to her performance, it would be an honor to provide it." He gave a bow. "I look forward to seeing what you come up with." He smiled faintly; and yet, a real smile!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:48 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
"I think we would need another whole year for even someone with your skills to teach me to act, miss." Touki said, amused.

"Flexible. Indeed." Touki echoed dryly. "Well, if Shosuro-sama believes that my skill with the flute would add to her performance, it would be an honor to provide it." He gave a bow. "I look forward to seeing what you come up with." He smiled faintly; and yet, a real smile!

"Well, while I look forward to the opportunity, I may not wish to spend a whole year here." She smirked. "I will think on a proper play for this court, and this situation, Akodo-san." She sighed, and stepped forward. "Do you often visit this garden?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 pm 

Touki gave a slow nod. "I do. Once a day, at least. It is a quiet place, and pleasant."

He turned, gesturing to the tree which he had been sitting under. "Many evening I sit beneath this tree and play. Perhaps there is something that calls me to this spot." He looked back at Sara, half-smiling. "Or perhaps I've just found the spot where the least snow will fall on me as I play. Just as important, if less intruging."

He looked at her curiously. "Do you know the legend of this garden?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:10 pm 

Sara nodded and observed the tree. "Ah, I see, your spot then. Hm."

She debated something internally, then shook her head. "Cannot say I do."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:07 pm 

Touki shrugged. "It is my spot in that I spend time there. If you wished to also spend time there, I would not object."

He turned to fully face her. "It is an interesting one. Nearly a century ago, or so it is said, a Kenku master visited here, and challenged the samurai of the village. It said that it would train any swordsman who was able to defeat it. Many Phoenix challenged it, but none could overcome its skills, so, disappointed, it left."

Touki looked back to the tree. "One of his opponents, a young Phoenix, built this garden in the Kenku's honor, and in hopes that it might one day return to face his improved skills." He shook his head. "But it never did. And thus the name, Harsh Lesson.

He looked at Sara, studying her once more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:10 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Touki shrugged. "It is my spot in that I spend time there. If you wished to also spend time there, I would not object."

He turned to fully face her. "It is an interesting one. Nearly a century ago, or so it is said, a Kenku master visited here, and challenged the samurai of the village. It said that it would train any swordsman who was able to defeat it. Many Phoenix challenged it, but none could overcome its skills, so, disappointed, it left."

Touki looked back to the tree. "One of his opponents, a young Phoenix, built this garden in the Kenku's honor, and in hopes that it might one day return to face his improved skills." He shook his head. "But it never did. And thus the name, Harsh Lesson.

He looked at Sara, studying her once more.

"Oh?" she moved towards his spot, and gracefully sat down in seiza. "How kind Akodo-san."

She tilted her head and listened from behind her fan to the story. "Oh? Certainly a telling tale..." something was happening in her mind, that was obvious. "Have you met kenku-sensei, by any chance?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:32 pm 

Touki's jaw didn't quite drop, but it did move in that direction as Sara so smoothly took his seat. "I see." He murmured, half-smiling. "It seems you were just waiting for an invitation."

He walked slowly back over, standing uncertainly, not quite willing to sit next to the beautiful Scorpion. Not without invitation, anyway. He tilted his head, regarding her with a bemused expression. "I have not, miss. He did not return for the Phoenix, and no matter how many nights I play the flute here, he does not return for me, either." A hint of a shrug. "Perhaps I have just not found the right song yet."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:00 pm 

Sara looked up at him bashfully, though Touki probably gathered how sincere that was by this point. She scooted a couple of inches away, seemingly in invitation, but nothing was extended verbally or directly.

"Perhaps. Or perhaps his interest lies in something other than the flute? Or her. It could be a female kenku after all."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:11 pm 

Touki did chuckle softly in amusement... although he did also ease himself into the spot next to her. Close, as was required by the limited shelter of the tree. But not uncomfortably (or too comfortably) close, nearly a foot between them. He sat parallel to her, his body facing the same direction as hers, instead of facing her.

His eyebrows went up, just a little. "Perhaps. I cannot recall if the legend specified. Him or her, then." Touki shrugged. "Well, if not the flute, perhaps I should be practicing my swordwork in here as well."

Turning his head, Touki gave Sara a hint of a smile. "Or perhaps he's waiting for an incredible acting performance. He or she, I mean."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:56 am 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Touki did chuckle softly in amusement... although he did also ease himself into the spot next to her. Close, as was required by the limited shelter of the tree. But not uncomfortably (or too comfortably) close, nearly a foot between them. He sat parallel to her, his body facing the same direction as hers, instead of facing her.

His eyebrows went up, just a little. "Perhaps. I cannot recall if the legend specified. Him or her, then." Touki shrugged. "Well, if not the flute, perhaps I should be practicing my swordwork in here as well."

Turning his head, Touki gave Sara a hint of a smile. "Or perhaps he's waiting for an incredible acting performance. He or she, I mean."

Sara fanned herself as she listened to him speak. "Kenjutsu does seem to be more in the ballpark of a Kenku-sensei, I think. Although who knows." Her eyebrows were raised. "Perhaps we should practice here, you think?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:05 pm 

Touki looked at Sara, eyebrows raised just a little, not quite a mirror of her. "Practice... acting, miss? Or rather, whatever performance you decide on?"

He considered a moment, then gave a tiny shrug. "Perhaps so. It is a pleasant place to practice the flute. I'm sure it would be pleasant to practice other things as well."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:26 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Touki looked at Sara, eyebrows raised just a little, not quite a mirror of her. "Practice... acting, miss? Or rather, whatever performance you decide on?"

He considered a moment, then gave a tiny shrug. "Perhaps so. It is a pleasant place to practice the flute. I'm sure it would be pleasant to practice other things as well."

"Practice for a play. Or I can give you some acting exercises, some basics, if you're interested Akodo-san." She smiled coyly, before hiding behind her fan. "What other things, exactly?" She feigned innocence as she lowered her voice to a huskier volume.