It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:56 pm

Post subject: [D1 EE] Reptiles Like Heat (Open)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:32 am 

The Saravya slid across the ground near the onsen, coming over to where humans washed before getting in. They preferred you to wash before getting into some water and not others. Of course, they never seemed comfortable with her using their heated water no matter how much she washed, but whatever. Not worth worrying about.

She carefully went over each foot of her both length, washing and rinsing before she finally entered the bath. She sank down in a loose coil, letting her head dip below the water. Smell aside, that was better. It was too cold these days.

Post subject: Re: [D1 EE] Reptiles Like Heat (Open)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:14 am 

To get ready for her guests, Yukarin had picked out something nice to wear and made the reservations. Now all she needed to do was clean up and clear her head. So that meant... bath time!

When she went into the bathing area she was surprised it wasn't more full. Only a few samurai seemed to be taking advantage of the onsen despite the weather. Maybe because they had other things on their mind, and she certainly didn't blame them for that. Still, there was at least one person there, and Yukarin bowed to them before hurrying over in her towel, the cold extra biting from still being slightly damp from rinsing off.

Finally in the water, perhaps a little hastily to be fair, she threw her towel on a rock before sinking down with a long sigh; Sure it was a shock to the system, and sure it smelled funny... but it felt so gooood.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:53 am 

The snake woman rose from beneath the water, but only exposing her shoulders. It was still too cold for much more. She observed the newcomer to the bath curiously... Not that she could identify much about humans even with all their clothing that was supposed to denote rank and whatnot. All that was pretty lost on her.

She nodded to the newcomer, speaking accented Rokugani. "Good evening."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:34 am 

It had been a roller coaster of a day the refugees, the court. Meeting Kogyoku for the first time. It all made the day feel very hectic. A nice warm bath to loosen the muscles was certainly in order.

The bushi derobed and washed himself quickly before approaching the Onsen. His well toned body slightly dripping as he reached the heated pools. He bowed his head at the two nearest him before sinking into the warm water. "Hello, a most eventful day it seems, I appear to not be the only one seeking the comfort of warmth tonight." He said in a friendly tone.

Yuki recognized the yasuki woman as one he saw at the gardens earlier but held back comment of familiarity for now.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:57 am 

She glanced toward the person arriving, nodding. "All the people arriving, yes. I don't know much about what happened the rest of the day aside from there being a lot of talking involved. That's the vedics'..." She paused, struggling to find the right Rokugani word. She lifting her hand into the cold air, moving it in a few circles, finally settling on, "... area of work."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:31 am 

Yukinaga smiled to the naga woman "Yes much talking, a great crime was committed during court and we will likely be the first response to it." He paused for a bit deciding this woman likely didnt much really care for the politics of the situation.

"So I assume you are some kind of warrior if talking is not your business."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:52 pm 

A... unusual looking woman to be sure, but that never stopped an Ide from being polite. Yukarin smiled warmly and inclined her head, "Good evening to you too! This one is..."

She was about to give her name when the door slid open again and a man walked out. Even without all the mons and such, she recognized one of the Scorpion from earlier in the garden.

Oh no, I know too much! And he's followed me to poison the onsen and me and then I'll be found in the snow all dead and beautiful and mysterious. And Tomo-kun will rend his clothes and weep and dedicate his life to being a cool magistrate with a mysterious past...

As the man greeted the two of them already in the waters, the string of thoughts were broken, and politeness took over, "Hello to you too, Bayushi-sama."

Best to be ultra polite just in case he really was some hitman.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:28 pm 

Yukinaga had not realized his entrance had interrupted the Yasuki woman and likely would have apologized if he had. Things as they are though he turned his head to her and gave a nod with a small upturn of his lips at the corners "well met, Yasuki-San isnt it? I have seen you around town a few times today. Small city it seems."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:36 pm 

"It is?"

Yukarin tilted her head curiously a moment, "...well, I suppose compared to some. But yes, I am Yasuki Yukarin. Certainly not one to just sit in the castle, no matter the weather; We Unicorn need to get out and stretch our legs, even when we marry out of Clan."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:08 pm 

"We've heard rumors to that effect. We're trying to ascertain the cause and what we can do to help end this mess." She replied. "I... the closest umbrella term is scout. My specific title is The Saravya. I didn't catch yours. I understand that the Bayushi are a... sub-bloodline within the Scorpion bloodline."

"'Stretch our legs'? That must be an idiom."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:50 pm 

Yukinaga chuckled slightly "indeed it is Saravya or is it The Saravya everytime I address you?" He asked unfamiliar with naga address.

He looked to both women as he made introduction "This one is Bayushi Yukinaga Gunso of the Scorpion clan." He figured it useful to inform them of his name and rank as he had nothing on him to distinguish his position.

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:05 pm 

"I assure you, Saravya-san, stretching ones legs can be quite literal too. Nothing like sitting seiza for a while to know that..."

She turned to Yukinaga, "Ah, a gunso! How prestigious! And for one so young looking too! Have you had many adventures?"

Yukarin did seem genuinely interested, mind wanderings quickly forgotten.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:51 pm 

"When I think of stretching one's legs, I think of switching from my legs to my tail," she said. "Does this seiza lengthen your legs, then?"

"Either way is fine, The Yukinaga. I am also curious about your activities."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:05 pm 

Yuki figured he would leave the explaintation of human physiology to the crab woman. He merely shrugged at mention of his "adventures" leaning back against the wall to relax in the pool.

"I have served my clan on the battlefield for 7 years, in that time I have seen many things, travelled all across scorpion lands fighting rebellion and banditry. I have done my duty." He spoke with sincerity rather than boastful pride in his tone.

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:44 pm 

"I should hope all samurai do their duty, even if they occasionally take some time off. Still, I know that's not always the case, so you have my commendations. As to seiza..."

Her hand reached up out of the water to tap her chin, "I guess I don't really know how to explain cramps or limbs 'falling asleep'. But surely even the Naga get such things if you put pressure on one part of the body and don't move it for too long. Something about the flow of a person's elements or ki."

Well, and blood. But one did not usually casually talk about such things. Especially not in the bath.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:55 pm 

"Why sit like that if it interrupts the flow of energy in your body?" She asked in confusion. "That seems... self... harm-bringing." She wasn't great with Rokugani yet.

"Rebellion and banditry, hmm...?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:49 am 

Yukinaga listened to the exchanges with a slightly amused expression on his features, culture clash was certainly going to be a thing it seemed. But he welcomed the chance to learn of another. "Usually because one must sit the proper way so as to display the proper presence. And when one sits for long enough it is simply a fact of life that some discomfort will come of it."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:33 am 

Yukarin nodded enthusiastically, "Mmm, mmmm. It it a bit of what you said, harming yourself. But tradition is tradition, so we sit that way in formal situations. It's proper and eloquent and such, so there's something to that. Some Clans are just more strict about when it should be used or not. I know we almost never sat that way when we were out in the Burning Sands, for instance. It just wasn't practical after riding around and your legs already being sore."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:36 am 

"That's... difficult to understand. Why did a painful way of sitting become standard according to tradition?" She only seemed more confused. "Where did the tradition come from?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:41 am 

"Our ancestors, and it is not painful immediately but only after one sits that way through many hours such as in court or a similar circumstances. And when it becomes uncomfortable we stretch our legs as we say." He said with a small bit of mirth.

Theme Profile