It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:39 pm

Post subject: Re: [D1, LE] What We Leave Behind (Lions Meetup)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:31 pm 

"It was the wish of Kitsu-sama that the presence of the nemuranai is not disclosed to those beyond the Clan." Kōgyoku added, noticing Ren phasing out. Her attentiveness was rarely slipping.

"As for cavalry tactics, I am not the tactical mind to make a call on this; I've had no engagement with the Unicorn. I think, however, that the horses are not in sufficient supply in the city for what you have in mind. Still, this might be something to consult with Matsu Mogami-san before the governor in engaged with ideas that don't have enough grounding in our reality here."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:34 pm 

Erina nods and bows. "I will speak to her as well. Hopefully can I help with her tactical preparations."

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:46 pm 

Ren finally opened her mouth for a question, “Do we have any knowledge about the location of this force in relation to the refugees?”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:31 pm 

"I do not. Sending scouts is not my purview. It hasn't even been conclusively proven that there's a pursuit after the refugees, but it's the working assumption of those who have run from Morikage Toshi that there is." Kōgyoku replied.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:33 pm 

"Which makes scouting a wise course of action, yes?" Tani pointed out with a tilt of her head. "I do not imagine that Hantei XVI will be content to let those who bore witness to his attack go without reprisal. Especially with Kitsu-dono here."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:38 pm 

"I feel it is correct, Matsu-san, though to know the mind of someone like him is a task requiring insidiousness I don't possess." Kōgyoku admitted.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:41 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
"Which makes scouting a wise course of action, yes?" Tani pointed out with a tilt of her head. "I do not imagine that Hantei XVI will be content to let those who bore witness to his attack go without reprisal. Especially with Kitsu-dono here."

Thank you Tani-sama.

The thought makes Erina give a hint of a smile.

"Indeed Legionaire-sama. Obviously, we are not working with ideal conditions, but a scouting or small sallying force makes a great deal of sense for any strategic doctrine, whether locating and protecting the refugees, to relaying information about the enemy."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:03 pm 

She nodded. "If the governor would give me the chance, I would be glad to organize a scouting party. I think there is at least one of this new Unicorn clan. I'd like to know if their skill at horsemanship is half as good as I've heard claim."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:24 pm 

A harried looking Chinatsu slipped into the room, looking mildly frustrated by the day's events.

She took one look around the room and sighed, "Apologies, cousins, for my tardiness. I have spent much of the day organizing refugees." Her face then took a dark turn, "and far too much of the evening explaining to some rural town governor that somehow got into Winter Court that he is not allowed to just move someone else out of their room just because of his 'illustrious station' ." She rolled her eyes on that note.

Carries: Fan, Ink brush and paper, wakizashi, umbrella (on particularly sunny days), bag with some money

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:08 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
She nodded. "If the governor would give me the chance, I would be glad to organize a scouting party. I think there is at least one of this new Unicorn clan. I'd like to know if their skill at horsemanship is half as good as I've heard claim."

"You have my support in seeking this course of action, Matsu-san."

Kōgyoku bowed in greeting to the newly arrived kin.

"Time spent on serving the Lion never requires an excuse, Matsu-san. I am honoured that you're with us now. Curbing others' presumptuous expectations is one of those necessary things that sadly hold us up sometimes."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:25 pm 

Tani nodded to Kogyoku, then regarded her arriving cousin with a bow. "Matsu-san. There is nothing to forgive. Please, join us. I am Matsu Tani, joined by Hoheis Akodo Kinuko and Matsu Erina, Akodo Ren, and Magistrate Matsu Kogyoku. We are honored that you could join us."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:11 pm 

Chinatsu bowed to her fellows before moving on to business after she was caught up on the previous discussion.

"Scouting seems wise, though we should be careful to keep the Uniform in reserve for now, we do not have many of them or their horses, we should not risk them or the enemy being able to see how many we have." At that she paused for a moment.

"As for Kitsu-dono, she is a Kitsu, her place is not on the field of battle." A lesson which, had it been listened to before, we may never have been in this situation. "If the Traitor's forces are coming here, or worse, searching for her, she should leave on the fastest horse we have while we delay the enemy."

Carries: Fan, Ink brush and paper, wakizashi, umbrella (on particularly sunny days), bag with some money

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:24 pm 

"I agree with the assessment, but we will need to get Kitsu-sama on board with such a plan. I could think of worse ways to die than covering the escape of the Kitsu Daimyo." She smirked a bit. "Perhaps you are right on the Unicorn. They are very much a wild card that the Steel Chrysanthemum will have no way to plan for. Revealing our hand with them too early would be disadvantageous.

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:08 pm 

"I did manage to meet one of the Unicorn today. He seemed...very sure of himself. Perhaps overly so, but if we can learn their tactics and implement them in a scouting force, it may be invaluable in the future."

In case we ever have to defend from them, for instance.

"Obviously, as Matsu Kōgyoku-san brought up, we will have issues in the number of horses and riders. This may be where the true trouble lies."