It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:58 pm

Post subject: Re: [D1, LE] - Why Be Crabby? [Distant Past Sake House, inv
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:10 pm 

"Yeah, I get that a fair bit more these days," she said to Yoichi; before another Yasuki entered.

"Hida Shiko," she said both for the newcomer's sake aswell as the Hiruma. "I was in a play," she added; though that wasn't even remotely close what she was well known-for and almost certainly not why she seemed familiar.

"And we were discussing," she turned to Maru, "things going to shit."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:14 pm 

Yoichi turned and bowed to the newest arrival as well.

"This one is Hiruma Yoichi, and while Shiko-san has touched upon the discussion so far, I might correct it by saying that things have gone to shit. I was hoping that we might find some way to prevent the situation from becoming even worse."

Typically carries: Literally everything he can carry unless prohibited, traveling pack, bow, arrows, etc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:26 am 

"Yasuki-sama, irasshaimase! Make yourself comfortable! I believe I was being asked about my time before coming to the Empire."

She taps chopsticks thoughtfully together, "Let me tell you, that was quite the trip, especially for a young woman. Spirit realms and danger and strange creatures... It was good to be back to civilization. Not that I remember such things, mind you, but it's like it all came back to me from long forgotten accounts."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:31 pm 

"Oh... I see," she said, figuring the woman must've been one of those Unicorn, marrying into the Crab. Lots of interesting stories, probably, but right now she was a little more concerned with practical matters.

She turned back to Yoichi, "You said you were taking measures to keep watch. Did you see any signs of anything yet?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:01 pm 

He shook his head slowly. "Nothing so far, but I did have a brief conversation with the governor. As far as I know, the courts and citizens of the city are divided on this matter. Some support the empress, and some support the Steel Chrysanthemum."

Yoichi grunted his frustration, having a hard time accepting that. "Because of this division, he will take no aggressive actions, even to defend the city against attack. I assured him the Crab would be prepared regardless." He drummed his fingers on the table. "I even found myself agreeing with a Scorpion over the governor. If an attack comes swiftly, I'm not convinced we can rely on him to be decisive enough to act in time."

Typically carries: Literally everything he can carry unless prohibited, traveling pack, bow, arrows, etc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:16 pm 

The sumai snorted, "If an attack comes, there is no one in Rokugan that can be trusted to act decisively enough. The other clans bicker and squabble over what must be done - but never have the wherewithal to do it until they are forced."

Function Clothing, Smoking Pipe, Cocky Smile (where inappropriate)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:26 pm 

Yoichi raised a cup of sake and drank to that. "All too true, Goro-san. The governor isn't entirely ignorant of the situation, however. So long as it doesn't directly oppose his authority, he seems open to allowing the Crab their autonomy. I intend to continue scouting the area for signs of attack, but a clever threat would know that supply lines will be weak this time of year. Toshigoku is not the realm of mercy, I think it no coincidence that so many refugees made it to the city. We should take stock of our provisions and begin preparations to secure more, and possibly ration what we have already."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:27 pm 

Hiruma Yoichi wrote:
He drummed his fingers on the table. "I even found myself agreeing with a Scorpion over the governor. If an attack comes swiftly, I'm not convinced we can rely on him to be decisive enough to act in time."

"Then we'll have to be prepared to act first, and ask forgiveness later," the Yasuki woman said gravely, and poured herself a cup of sake, regarding the table, not lifting her eyes.

Equipment: yumi, quiver, daisho, sake cup, lantern, ink brush kit
Light armor (where appropriate)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:39 pm 

Yukarin nodded as well, "I do like decisive action, certainly. I am not quite all the way into the mindset of most Rokugani courtiers with their subtlety and innuendo. It's kind of spooky really... Well, if any of you need any help with the apologizing later part of that, should it come up, don't hesitate to ask. I was taught in the Ide, and we've had a lot of practice in smoothing things over after they go awry."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:53 pm 

Yasuki Maru wrote:
"Then we'll have to be prepared to act first, and ask forgiveness later," the Yasuki woman said gravely, and poured herself a cup of sake, regarding the table, not lifting her eyes.

"My thoughts precisely, Maru-san. I welcome your thoughts on any such actions we may wish to take. I desire for a solid, unwavering presence among the Crab in these dark times."

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
Yukarin nodded as well, "I do like decisive action, certainly. I am not quite all the way into the mindset of most Rokugani courtiers with their subtlety and innuendo. It's kind of spooky really... Well, if any of you need any help with the apologizing later part of that, should it come up, don't hesitate to ask. I was taught in the Ide, and we've had a lot of practice in smoothing things over after they go awry."

"You have my thanks, Yukarin-san. Perhaps your fantastic sake could assist in such an endeavor." Yoichi smiled, eyes gleaming briefly.

His tone became serious again once he returned his attention to the others. "Should any of you have experience we may need going forward, now is the time to use it. Gathering supplies and medicines, fortifying the walls, even training those who may be trapped in the fighting with no one to defend them. Whatever skills you may offer to the Crab, see that they are ready to be used." Here he grinned wickedly. "I doubt even Toshigoku could ignore the dangers of a readied Crab."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:31 pm 

"Hida Goro isn't trained in any way that would help most in this situation," the sumai says, putting away yet another cup of sake as he speaks; the cup is almost comically small in his oversized hands. "But if it comes to it, Hida Goro will do what Hida Goro does best - be the Wall, no matter where that wall may be or who may be coming."

Function Clothing, Smoking Pipe, Cocky Smile (where inappropriate)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:40 pm 

Yukarin nods to Goro before glancing over at Yoichi, "Do you think we'll need our own supplies then, Hiruma-sama? I mean, we are in Lion lands; They might take it as an affront if we start gathering our own medicines and such. Not that I don't personally agree, actually..."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 pm 

"I am certain your skills will prove valuable in their own way, Goro-san."

Yoichi raised a hand, shaking his head. "I'm not suggesting we start hoarding supplies from the locals, Yukarin-san, quite the opposite. The Crab moreso than any other clan know the trials and dangers of battle without the food needed to sustain the warriors on the field of battle. I'm merely suggesting that we begin our preparations now, as the others in the city gorge themselves and waste what they may need later. Should the Crab need our supplies, we will of course use them for ourselves. But, should the Lion need them." He shrugged casually. "Perhaps the generosity of the Yasuki could prove to the Lion that sometimes it is better to give what you have to those who need it, rather than merely hoard it all away for themselves." Though unspoken, it would be easy enough to assume Yoichi was speaking more of jade than of bread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:57 pm 

"I doubt we have the numbers to really be a force of our own here. Best we can probably do is offer solid fighting experience where its needed and hope nobody takes offense. I've fought under a Lion general before, they can be pretty prickly about stuff. Especially when some ignorant fool of a courtier starts making things worse."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:02 pm 

She nodded.
"My skills lay in scouting- investigation and stealth, namely, as well as trailblazing should the need arise. Before I married my husband, my name was Hiruma.
I can set my eyes on the horizon, and place my ears to the ground, then report back those findings so that we may prepare for the oncoming storm."

Equipment: yumi, quiver, daisho, sake cup, lantern, ink brush kit
Light armor (where appropriate)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:15 am 

From a table outside of the room, a woman and two men stand up and then approach the entrance to the private section. She knocks on the frame before sliding the rice paper wall aside and bows, the two men behind her bowing a little lower.

"Good evening, samurai-sama's."

"I am Matsu Mogami, daughter to General Akodo Takarada. May I sit with you for a few moments and enjoy your company? I'd be happy to show you one of the houses specialty sake's as well."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:42 am 

Yukarin, being the courtier in the room, gives Yoichi a glance as the head of their little "get together", looking for a signal whether she should speak up or if he wants to speak himself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:45 am 

Yoichi glanced from the Matsu to Yukarin and nodded his deference to her. From his expression, it seemed the last thing he wanted to do right now was speak to a Lion. Instead he occupied his lips with more sake.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:37 am 

Turning to the small group Yukarin stood up and bowed deeply, "Yes yes, come in minna-sama; Sharing some food and drink is always a good excuse to sit together. We have some sake and tea and tempura... and some empty cushions to sit on."

She motioned to the empty cushions with a practiced sweep, one hand holding the other sleeve of her kimono in the way one did when inviting in guests.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:52 am 

"Stay here and watch the door."

Mogami says to the two men and then she enters and takes a seat.

"I'll get right to things so you can return to merriment without delay."

She looks over the group as if eying up each person.

"Is this the whole of the Crab contingent here?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono