It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:05 pm

Post subject: [Day 1 - EE] A Boy is a Gun
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:43 pm 

This weather has him by the neck, but he braved the chill to setup his materials and a meager light source on the balcony to paint the landscape or maybe another attempt at Chidori… or maybe a gift for the Scorpion… that sounded like the way to go.

Perhaps all of the above.

Paints assembled, implements in hand he considered the blank canvas and saw possibilities. Of course his lack of skill could shoot him down, but that was part of the adventure was it not? At least that is what he considered to himself.

He wondered what his wife was doing at this time, he missed her.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post subject: Re: [Day 1 - EE] A Boy is a Gun
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:15 am 

Once he centered himself and found his moment he began to paint the scenery but found it lacking and although not terrible he just found it unpalatable and soon scrapped it midway through. Instead he opted for a new subject and recalled the Scorpion daimyo he met and decided to recall from memory her features and then filled in the blanks sans the mask.

He was inspired and after some time he had finished something that captured her mystery and grace and yet still was aloof and beautiful. A suitable gift, he considered. It was good practice too for when he attempted to capture the grace of his wife, that would be a beautiful surprise when he returned home.

Attachment:
Shosruo-Daimyo.jpg
Shosruo-Daimyo.jpg [ 29.55 KiB | Viewed 3666 times ]

That reminded him he had a letter he could read as she had the foresight to send many letters with him that he parceled out over the winter or intended to but had gotten distracted by the death of the Emperor.

He pulled the letter from his obi and read it.

OOC: Roll of 33 for Artisan painting.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:05 am 

A lover, but one with such strength. It was something that drew her forward, like a fly to an open flame. Pulsing on her arm Void spoke to her senses, to her mind in a way that was like any other sense and told her things like a memory. Impropriety struck her when she saw him working on the painting and she fell to it by way of watching him without calling out her presence immediately from afar. Even from this first glance she knew, knew it in her gut of guts, this was the one and only Asako Kashiwagi.

"Asako Kashiwagi-sama?" she said, finally pushing herself forward after steeling the excitement bubbling up inside of her. "That is you, yes? I would not wish to intrude as I am normally but.." she paused, searching for just the right words.

Day 1, EE | Kashiwagi Glory Roll, TN 15?: 4d10o10k3 14

TN marked as 15? but is 5, so success!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:09 am 

Kashiwagi folded the letter neatly with a knowing smirk, and then regained his On and said, “You have the right of it. My reputation has a great deal of wanderlust as it always precedes me. You are not intruding, I have finished my work for now and was enjoying some light reading.”

“And you are?”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:31 am 

"Togashi Mai, Asako Kashiwagi-sama," she said, following it with a reverent bow. Letting a long and slow breath out through her lips when her head was down. Raising from it she caught his look again, committing what she could to memory.

"I am one of the ise zumi, and I am traveling the Empire to refine my art. My hope is to venerate heroes actions upon them with works of art," she said, feeling a jump in her heart at the thought of it.

Squashing the feeling in her gut she focused.

"However, I cannot always be so lucky as to find heroes willing to allow me the chance to perform my work. So I take to devotions of others I might venerate instead in my travels alongside learning of the greater Empire."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:34 am 

"What is the work you wish to perform?" he asked. "As you can see, I work with the brush, though I am but an amateur."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:48 am 

"Did I-.." she paused, contemplated and then shook her head in disbelief at the thought.

"My apologies Asako Kashiwagi-sama, I had thought that my meaning was clear but I can see now how it was the meaning of my words escaped. When I spoke of venerating heroes upon them, I meant it in such a direct way. That I would venerate the heroes upon themselves. Simply, Asako Kashiwagi-sama, I work with ink and with it I tattoo art directly onto the skin of those Samurai who both have the time to allow me to perform my work and wish to have the art become a part of their own form."

There was a glance, when she finished, toward Kashiwagi's art and thought on after speaking.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:47 pm 

"So a more literal meaning," he said to her.

"Have you met many great heroes along your journey?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:55 pm 

"Some," she said, wistfully, "but none that have had the time for me yet, what I wish to do takes many hours and though it is good that they are, as heroes, are not being misused by the Empire and granted such greater responsibilities.. it is a disappointment they have not had the time for me yet in the past."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:05 pm 

"Hours is quite the commitment for any person, let alone a hero of the Empire," he said honestly.

"People of worth are also quite busy, truth be told, either by choice or by circumstance. Could it not be done over multiple sessions?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:12 pm 

"It could, very much so!" she said with a touch of excitement but cut herself in a half-stop. "Even then, it is an irritant to the skin, the work of the needle. However, the paid price grants a significant boon!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:14 pm 

"What sparked this path for you, Togashi-san?" he asked.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:18 pm 

"When I was yet little I was adopted into the Order, the ise zumi, and as I grew up surrounded by those many who tattoo themselves as I do I gained a greater fascination for the work itself. Fascination, as I grew older and learned more became passion, and the order can always make use of another skilled artisan," she replied, a cadence to her words as she measured her beat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:51 pm 

"But why do you focus on heroes? That seems an interesting distinction to make," he responded looking for clarity.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:18 pm 

There was a look, distant, and then she snapped back, "Oh! Yes, I mean.." she shook her head quickly, "my apologies Asako Kashiwagi-sama. My focus on heroes is a rather simple one, I believe. What ever better way to drive the inspiration for the tattoo?"

"Heroes often have accomplished great feats, ones worthy of note to the greater Empire. Through hearing the heroes recall their stories to me, the events that first set them on their heroic path, I derive the inspiration for the markings of which I will emblazon their skin."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:56 pm 

"Well you will need to work on presentation but you have my interest piqued, if I have free time I could be obliged," he said warmly.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:13 pm 

"I-" she paused, caught the thought in her throat, "I had not-" she shook her head, stupid thoughts. "Thank you, Asako Kashiwagi-sama, I had not truly thought that you would be so magnanimous as to give it the consideration."

"I shall work on my presentation, as you suggested," she said with a hint of a smile, a nervous laugh that she managed to keep held back, "but know truly that if you give me the time and permission to work you will not be disappointed! This I promise and swear!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:44 pm 

"Well I am sure if you fall short my honored wife will know the reason why," he said with a smirk.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:30 pm 

"I-" she tried to parse the thought, putting a hand to her cheek as she did so. Glancing over at the portrait, gained a few thoughts, but she continued with the current, "What ever might you mean Asako Kashiwagi-sama?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:11 pm 

"You don't want to anger Asako Chidori," he said ruefully.

TN 0 to be Recognized.