It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:20 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:03 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
Kayou wrote:
"It is known that some . . ." Kayou pauses, dropping her voice so that only Nagiko can hear, "ancestors have fallen to the Dark, becoming monsters seeking to devour the Empire. They may be other spiritual maladies that the Ancestors can fall to."

Could be Hime-chan be such a creature? Nagiko became disturbed by the thought that Asahime could be a dark monster seeking to devour the empire.

'' Hmmm, what about Sakkaku, Kayou-san?'' Nagiko took out her fan in order to hide her lips and her voice so only Kayou could hear it. '' What about an ancestor coming from that realm?''

Kayou pauses, still keeping her voice low. "An ancestor coming from the Realm of Mischief? That would be most unusual, this one would think," her mind whirling trying to thing of the circumstances that would have lead to an ancestor being assigned to that realm. "They would be very troublesome but not of necessity, evil."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:09 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"I can't say I've seen any Unicorn returning from the Emperor's Court, yet," Baatar admitted. "Perhaps they are, umm, protecting the line of retreat," he suggested hopefully. Even to him it sounded like a thin chance.

"What of your folk?" he asked. "Have any Dragon returned from Morikage Toshi? Or have you heard any other news from those who did?"

She noticed the hope, the suggestion. It seemed possible that the brave children of Shinjo might have leapt at the chance to prove themselves to the others in a time of crisis, if they were as enthusiastic as this young Moto.

"... I see unfamiliar faces that must have come with the group, so it would seem some of my kin have reached this place safely. I've not yet had the opportunity to ask the in depth about how many they were and how many of them made it here."

Tsukimi wondered. "It might not be a bad idea to consider scouting ourselves. Not only to look for pursuers, but to look for those who might not have made it here yet."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:00 pm 

She overheard someone make an argument in favor of the murderghost and was about to say something; she even got up and tried to make it all proper and stuff...

...but the words didn't leave her mouth and other people were making more coherent arguments anyway, so she sat back down and drank some more sake.

"Ah, forget it anyway," she said, then looking at Kanade with a look that said 'courtiers, am i rite?'

D1 Influence EA, Courtier/Awareness, Void +1k1, 1 raise, TN20, Imperialist: 4d10o10k3 13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:08 pm 

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
"That is my hope as well. But I imagine it will be slow going for a few more years yet. Being a brand new minor clan is a difficult position and we need to be wary of outside influences shaping us in ways that are counter to our duty. Anything like war among neighbors or decreased trade can be devastating to the growth of such a small clan I imagine."

"Speaking of shaping influences, if you'll excuse me for a moment Ryuuta-san?" Iko asked politely as she rose to her feet and walked out to make her thoughts known on the matter of the Hollow Throne.

D1 Influence EA, Courtier/Awareness, Void +1k1, 3 raise, TN30, Imperialist: 8d10o10k5 32

Her arguments were persuasive, focusing on the nature of the Kharmic Wheel and how when one's time is passed they should be looking to move forward to the next life, not back to an old one. How the future of the Empire needs to look forwards and not backwards and drawing that parallel to who the new Emperor should be.

Her piece spoken, she returned to her seat. "I'm sorry Ryuuta-sama, you were saying?" As she takes another sip of her tea.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:23 pm 

Kashiwagi raised a hand to obfuscate his smirk as he watched Shiko deliver her point, then over to Iko who was familiar, right? It would come to him, eventually. He had no dog in this fight, so it mattered little to him to debate about.

He found it a bit gauche, but at least it was entertaining.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:55 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Speaking of shaping influences, if you'll excuse me for a moment Ryuuta-san?" Iko asked politely as she rose to her feet and walked out to make her thoughts known on the matter of the Hollow Throne.

D1 Influence EA, Courtier/Awareness, Void +1k1, 3 raise, TN30, Imperialist: 8d10o10k5 32

Her arguments were persuasive, focusing on the nature of the Kharmic Wheel and how when one's time is passed they should be looking to move forward to the next life, not back to an old one. How the future of the Empire needs to look forwards and not backwards and drawing that parallel to who the new Emperor should be.

Her piece spoken, she returned to her seat. "I'm sorry Ryuuta-sama, you were saying?" As she takes another sip of her tea.

The Piranha nods at the sound arguments from Iko, and when she returns, he tops up her tea. "I was simply stating that the influences of activities undergone by neighboring clans can have a strong impact on a growing minor clan. If they were to participate in extended wars, then it could deplete potential ronin recruits that could be hired or brought into the clan in question, weakening growth or decreasing materials available for building infrastructure. It does not take much to impact one of our clans. Like with the cost of jade, if we needed it as a clan it would be prohibitively expensive to acquire. Fortunately we don't have a great need for stockpiles like the Lion and Crab do, but it extends to other things as well. If there were to be severe food shortages, a minor clan does not have the wealth and influence a great clan would to acquire those resources. They may require less, but that also means they are a less desirable trade partner for those that might have surpluses. And those types of issues can lead to potentially unfavorable deals that could exert the wills of more powerful clans over such a young minor clan."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:08 pm 

Iko dips her head as Ryuuta refreshes her cup and nods along as he makes his points.

"I understand Ryuuta-dono is fairly well connected already and am sure would have no difficulty in arranging so already, but it seems like more than supplies, a fledgling Clan needs allies. Clans who see the mutual benefit that such a partnership can bring, and as you say, your needs are small, even compared to those of most other Minor Clans."

"I hope that over this Court you have made steps towards such arrangements?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:17 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"... I see unfamiliar faces that must have come with the group, so it would seem some of my kin have reached this place safely. I've not yet had the opportunity to ask the in depth about how many they were and how many of them made it here."

"I knew a Dragon once," Baatar said thoughtfully. "Do you know Tonbo Misa? Would she have been at Imperial Court? I think she was kind of a big deal in Tonbostan."

Quote:
Tsukimi wondered. "It might not be a bad idea to consider scouting ourselves. Not only to look for pursuers, but to look for those who might not have made it here yet."

"Scouting sounds like a good idea," Baatar agreed. "Perhaps after court, if you're ready for it? Do you have a horse, Togashi-san?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:23 pm 

Kakita Rin wrote:
In response he smiled, placed his tea cup on the floor in front of him and carefully considered the origami before him.

A moment later he picked up the Scorpion, looked at it more closely and then set it down beside the Lion.

She nodded a fraction, raising a cup to her lips and sipping delicately. Setting the cup down again she moved the little Naga away from the others.

Judging the positions she made a slight adjustment. The naga was now facing away from the other three pieces.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:29 pm 

Chiyo arrived in her courtly best, only tangentially aware of what was transpiring in the town. She had faced difficulties getting straight answers from anyone.

She was, however, surprised by the number of familiar faces she saw.

Thinking on it, she realized they must have been coming from the Imperial court. Apparently she was now running in important circles...

Spying Horonigai, Chiyo moved to intercept her friend and hopefully get some answers.

"Seppun-sama," she said with a bow, "It has been far too long. Perhaps you can spread some light on the confusion surrounding the day. What happened?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:40 pm 

Horonigai enters court in a brand new junihitoe. How she found one after arriving with nothing but her daisho and a cat remains a secret Imperial technique.

Her green eyes are narrowed and devoid of any brightness, much to the confusion of those that once knew the energetic –– and sometimes annoying –– young maiden.

As her cousin-in-law approaches, Horonigai replies with a cold tone of voice and a stern gaze, "I am yet to understand, Chiyo-san."

She adds, "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu," with a returning bow to her family member.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:53 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Iko dips her head as Ryuuta refreshes her cup and nods along as he makes his points.

"I understand Ryuuta-dono is fairly well connected already and am sure would have no difficulty in arranging so already, but it seems like more than supplies, a fledgling Clan needs allies. Clans who see the mutual benefit that such a partnership can bring, and as you say, your needs are small, even compared to those of most other Minor Clans."

"I hope that over this Court you have made steps towards such arrangements?"

"I did some work to that end, but most of the agreements were quite small. I hope that they will be good starting points for increasing connections moving forward," he replies with a nod. "I likely did not do amazingly well or anything, but I feel I met most of the specific targets that Ryuuta-dono expected of me. But I do suspect that a fair amount of the documentation about deals and agreements may likely now be lost."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:58 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
He folded his arms, something like disbelief and amusement crossing his eyes..Norikami wondered if all Dragon were so far off the mark, or if it was just this particular woman. Who doesn't see such a blatant compliment? And he thought he was pouring it on rather thick as well.

"Oh, for certain, the bad kind. The sort that makes your sense wish he hadn't endorsed your gempukku."

he decided to change gears by offering a smile again.

"Though you needn't worry about that, I don't think. Tell me, are you a student of the Mirumoto dojo or did you follow your own path as so many Dragon are allowed to do?"

Wasako nodded sadly at that, "Unfortunately, the lack of discipline with a sword is bound to hurt the bearer more than others. I find it hard to believe there could be such students. There would have to be a gross lack of purpose and understanding for that to happen."

"No, not here at least," she said with a returned smile.

She narrowed her eyes conspiratorially for a moment, "...Are not all Dragon allowed to follow their own path? Are you not? Unless you mean in a different sort of way. It would be right to say that I am a student of a Mirumoto dojo. How about you?"

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:30 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
She narrowed her eyes conspiratorially for a moment, "...Are not all Dragon allowed to follow their own path? Are you not? Unless you mean in a different sort of way. It would be right to say that I am a student of a Mirumoto dojo. How about you?"

"Couldn't say if they all can, not a Dragon myself. Also a good reason for me not to be in the Mirumoto dojo", he said, a bit teasing. "Honestly, if a katana isn't enough, i just fetch a bigger sword."

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:33 pm 

Kashiwagi recognized he was falling into hi old pattern of mentally retreating within his own mind bubble and then throwing disdain and ire at those he found lacking in intellect or ability. In truth he felt more comfortable in study or in a situation of danger than idle chit chat and banter.

It was tedious and dull and insipid in his mind but also needful and important, but oh so tedious.

He frowned and closed his fan as he knew that his wife would be chiding him for his dogged passivity, there were people that could be met and building links. Every conversation is a potential link or ally in the making.

Plus, he was the Asako Hero, might as well use that to his advantage. He approached Norikami and Wasako and said, “A Scorpion and a Dragon walk into a bar discussing the philosophy of swordsmanship, an enigma and a secret… what mysteries will they create?”

He produced his beautiful fan and added, “Now that the thunder of the Moto has subsided, your intriguing conversation can be appreciated.”

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:45 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:

You see nothing amiss or strange, just people up top talking and listening to the court.

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
The magistrate noticed and she assumed that it was because important considerations were on his mind... though was there more to notice about it? She turned toward the governor and inclined her head, indicating that she was at disposal if he had an errand for her. It might put her abilities to better use than just sitting there.

He notices her eyes, and he gives a half smile and shakes his head no, then a small nod of thanks.

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:48 pm 

Wasako blinked and leaned closer as if to talk more privately, despite not really being a private conversation. "...In what situation would you need a larger sword? It seems peculiar, unless Bayushi-san is fighting bears and stags."

She perked up at the approaching Asako and straightened, looking about for this bar that he spoke of. There wasn't a bar in sight but the window could have been a proverbial bar, she supposed. That aside, she bowed politely to Asako Kashiwagi. "Konnichiwa, Asako-sama. This one is Mirumoto Wasako and this one is Bayushi Norikami."

She gave two glances at the Bayushi, wondering if it was fine to introduce him too. Introductions were something she did so little of at home. "I don't think we're making mysteries, everything we speak of is open and open to interpretation, I believe."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:54 pm 

Norikami remembered everyone talking about this Asako during the war, but he never got a glimpse of him. He thought he'd be taller, but fuck that, he could make a.volcano or something and be as tall.as he wants.

He bowed when introduced. "Bit of an honor to be approached by a.hero, rather than begging for some of his time." He said, seeming pretty sincere rather than smug about it. "Mirumoto-san and i were indeed discussing secrets. I'd ask, she'd answer, but I'm not sure she was playing my game."

He smiled, then shrugged at her, the motion a helpless offering.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:59 pm 

“So you are unsure if you are making mysteries? How mysterious,” he mused.

“Mirumoto-san, Bayushi-san, being open to interpretation is a dangerous thing if one does not make the proper interpretation, yes?”

The Asako smiled easily at the Scorpion’s words and then added, “Now I am intrigued what secrets you were trying to glean, Bayushi-san. The Dragon keep many enigmas in their high mountains.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:07 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
The Asako smiled easily at the Scorpion’s words and then added, “Now I am intrigued what secrets you were trying to glean, Bayushi-san. The Dragon keep many enigmas in their high mountains.”

The contents of her kimono, not that you need that explained. She might though...

"I was looking to see what her philosophy on the sword was, and if perhaps she has a strong singing voice. If nothing else she's quite pretty and so far has been honorable and personable."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next