It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:49 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cold and Miserable [D1, Early Morning]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:22 am 

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
"Unfortunately, I doubt anything more than what a mutual respect could afford. But I can definitely relay expectations and emphasize the importance of propriety of action in this troubled time. I can also volunteer my assistance to them for any investigative needs and ensure any such needs that would fall in the realm of serious crime are directed to you and lesser issues are documented and reported to your office to minimize lesser issues your magistrates and yoriki need to handle directly. Minor disagreements, missing items and the like should such occur. Im also prepared to stand in defense of the city agains the threat that took our emperor."

"My expectations are that the Minor Clans will ensure that the merchants under their purview shall not consider the grave situation as an opportunity for unsavoury commercial tactics. You can make them aware that any negligence in curbing those means inviting Lion wrath. If reporting any such transgressions in the city and the nearby port is something you are ready to accept to weigh on your honour, I might accept assistance of this kind."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:30 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
He scribbles on.

(PM if approached, please!)

He looks over, sees what is happening between the Piranha and the Matsu, and adds

Quote:
It is perhaps in the small things that normalcy survives, and in which those who face such times as these can retain something of who and what they were before. And in the face of tumult, in the wake of vile deeds, still did someone bearing both a daisho and a larger blade, such as is ascribed to the serpent-folk, carry three others' daisho with him, wrapped reverently and presented to a Lion officer at the gate. He seemed to stand with her a time, and it can only be assumed that he offered his services in the interim, standing with his new hosts in what we all began to understand was a time of great need.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:00 pm 

"I will be certain to let them know. I imagine that committing such an act in Lion lands would likely result in fines that would far outstrip the benefits of such actions, and potentially worse depending on the type of goods in question? And I would be glad to assist as a pair of eyes watch for unscrupulous practices."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:54 pm 

"Chaos and dishonour must never reign." She said with quiet firmness, the called upon an approaching yoriki to pass the swords to her. "So yes, worse."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:43 pm 

Kin nods in agreement, he suspected that the Lion would hold such views, but he did not wish to assume. Assumptions rarely did anyone any favors. "I will make sure that it is known. Heavy penalties for preying on the desperate are in order and I will do my part to see justice done for any such actions."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:15 pm 

"The intensity of commerce-related crimes and misdemeanours is higher closer to the coast." She remarked, resuming her supervision over evacuating the refugees from the field.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:27 pm 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"I have been in some unusual situations." she explained. "Sometimes it is best to adapt."

Koushi could acknowledge the wisdom in that. "How unusual?" he asked, his tone one of idle curiosity.

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:54 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
"The intensity of commerce-related crimes and misdemeanours is higher closer to the coast." She remarked, resuming her supervision over evacuating the refugees from the field.

"Of course. I will leave you to your duties then," he replied. "I've distracted enough from the concern at hand."

He bows once more to the magistrate in a respectful manner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:48 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Koushi could acknowledge the wisdom in that. "How unusual?" he asked, his tone one of idle curiosity.

"I once explored a nezumi warren inside of a giant tree in the Shinomen Mori." she answered. That might have been the least unusual experience during that campaign.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:01 pm 

Koushi's eyes widened. "Nezumi? That is rather unusual. I suppose this was during the campaign there?"

Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:17 pm 

"The conflict with the naga." she nodded. "Msny odd things happened in the forest."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:19 pm 

"It was a worthwhile distraction, Ryuuta-san. Honour guide you." She then went after her duty.

[Approachable still]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 pm 

"So in a mission to find snakes, you found rats" Homura commented idly in amusement as she looked back at Miwako and and Koushi "I'm surprised they remained for as long as they did. I have heard a little of that campaign but it sounded like one surreal adventure."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:31 pm 

"Snakes, rats, spirits." she nodded. "It was quite an experience. It led to my training with the Togashi."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:43 pm 

Koushi nodded. "The Togashi. How interesting. Was their training as enlightening as the stories claim?"

)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:56 pm 

"Possibly? There is definitely wisdom in their ways, but I am not certain I grasped all of it." she admitted. "I left their mountains before the training was complete and have been unable to return."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:29 pm 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"Snakes, rats, spirits." she nodded. "It was quite an experience. It led to my training with the Togashi."

Spirits?

The Ikoma looked curious.

"You know about spirits, Isawa-sama? I would be interested to learn more if possible."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:40 pm 

"Hai." she nodded to the Lion. "Or, at least, I have some knowledge of the Spirit Realms. Did you have a particular interest, Ikoma-sama?""

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:49 pm 

Yeah, they tried to kill me.

"I feel that in these times it may be useful to have a little knowledge on the subject" Homura nodded "if it would not take up too much of Isawa-samas time."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 pm 

"I am available whenever you wish." she offered.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next