It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cold and Miserable [D1, Early Morning]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:24 pm 

He steps forward, "Ryuuta Kin, magistrate of the Piranha. I've collected several Lion daisho from refugees that were not Lion so that I could turn them in to a proper authority. I took down the names of their fallen owners, Akodo Shuko, Akodo Matoka and Matsu Haigiri. They're recorded on a piece of paper that I have folded inside the cloth wrap. You seemed to be helping organize things here so I hope that you are an appropriate authority to turn these over to. If not I would ask that you point me in the correct direction," Kin states.

He doesn't bow more than his head because three daisho are precariously, but carefully wrapped and stacked in his arms and he does not want to drop them. He's also clearly a refugee and has been not doing refugee work of being cared for, instead apparently running around helping people even though he's exhausted.

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:29 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
He scribbles on.

(PM if approached, please!)

Quote:
The Lion who held the town and those of them who came into it swiftly took matters in hand, the precision in which they had been drilled since the First Akodo walked showing in their efficiency, and the compassion to which Bushido calls all apparent in how they opened their city to those in need. Nor yet were they alone in it, with representatives of the Left Hand working to support the Right, and even those of humbler status working to ease the suffering and tend to those in need of it.

It was a strange dawn that day, but one that showed golden glimmers of hope under the gathering storm clouds. What blizzard would come of it, I could not then write--I cannot now write. But the chill was from more than the lingering winter, and no blanket or flame could quite keep it out.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:45 pm 

I am Matsu Kōgyoku, a magistrate of the Lion and so the authority you seek, Ryuuta-san." She returned the bow with measured respect, adding a layer of officialdom to her affixed expression. She had a less than favourable opinion of Minor Clans in general, but it had been earned by the Tortoise and the Mantis, and it was the worst moment to act on prejudice especially when honour was showing in the man's actions. "A commendable courtesy on your part. The Lion Clan appreciates guests in Toshi no Omoidoso being men of honour. I'll see to it that the daisho are returned to the families and the fallen are properly mourned. If there are any accounts of their deaths you're privy to, I'd ask you to provide testimony in due time."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:57 pm 

Kin made a gesture offering them, but did so only minimally to avoid dropping the daisho. "Of course Matsu-san. While I do not have the details of the three Lion that carried these daisho, I was privy to the details of two others. The names of those that returned these daisho are listed alongside the aforementioned Lion, but they were in need of other care and assistance so I did not do any more than take names. I will provide reports at your earliest convenience, if you wish to send yoriki to collect them or I can report to your office when you are not busy with your duties with the refugees. I'm at your disposal in this matter."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:05 am 

"Either is fine, Ryuuta-san, if it's only for this purpose. Since you're a magistrate yourself, you both know the procedures and can imagine the scale of what's to come for this line of work in the time that is upon us. Still, if you find it justified for me to meet you in person, I owe you the courtesy to receive you." She said in even tone, accepting the swords with attention and care.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:13 am 

[quote=Ikoma Homura wrote:]

"You make an interesting point, however I present a counter. The Matsu would let you get close, however you may not remain on your feet for long" Homura smirked "I've seen a Matsu wrestle a guy clean through a wall for getting too close at the wrong time. It was impressive."[/quote]

Koushi cocked an eyebrow. "How demonstrative." A beat. "Crane girls are usually a little less direct, but I suppose in the end the results are much the same."

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:21 am 

He hands over the daisho with just as much care as she takes them.

"Of course, Matsu-san. I wouldn't want to be an imposition, so I will find time to contact a yoriki at your office and have my reports detailed beforehand so they can simply ask any additional questions that differences in clan procedures may require. It's been an honor to assist as I can. I'll continue to do what I can within bounds of legal propriety to ease the burden on the city's magistrates and yoriki. If you identify any way I can be of further assistance feel free to request it, no task can be considered an imposition in this time of need for the empire."

Now that he is without daisho he offers a more proper bow and waits for her to say anything further. It would likely feel to her like she would feel if she were offering assistance to an Emerald magistrate. Recognition of the superior position and jurisdiction, but still available if necessary, likely waiting to be dismissed or asked to perform some task.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:50 am 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Ikoma Homura wrote:

"You make an interesting point, however I present a counter. The Matsu would let you get close, however you may not remain on your feet for long" Homura smirked "I've seen a Matsu wrestle a guy clean through a wall for getting too close at the wrong time. It was impressive."

Koushi cocked an eyebrow. "How demonstrative." A beat. "Crane girls are usually a little less direct, but I suppose in the end the results are much the same."

"It's been some time since a wrestled anyone." Miwako spoke up.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:01 am 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"It's been some time since a wrestled anyone." Miwako spoke up.

Koushi grinned. "Well, it seems that you may wish to refamiliarize yourself with local customs. Our hosts might be willing to offer refresher courses, if you have the inclination."

Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:03 am 

"Perhaps." she grinned. "Depending on what else may come our way, it might be a welcome distraction."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:53 am 

Koushi smiled warmly. "This one considers himself fortunate to have met two samurai with such easy senses of humor. There is much to be said for such companions in challenging times."

)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:01 am 

"Oh? Were we joking?" she glanced up questioningly from the bandage she was wrapping. She smiled a moment later. "Humor is important in difficult times. One's spirit needs healing as much as one's body."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:30 am 

She thought about it, more seriously than she had just told her junior kin to avoid. She was holding the swords with reverence when she spoke.

"Given the peculiar nature of the Minor Clans, can you possibly exert meaningful policing influence over others than yours, Ryuuta-san?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:54 am 

"Unfortunately, I doubt anything more than what a mutual respect could afford. But I can definitely relay expectations and emphasize the importance of propriety of action in this troubled time. I can also volunteer my assistance to them for any investigative needs and ensure any such needs that would fall in the realm of serious crime are directed to you and lesser issues are documented and reported to your office to minimize lesser issues your magistrates and yoriki need to handle directly. Minor disagreements, missing items and the like should such occur. Im also prepared to stand in defense of the city agains the threat that took our emperor."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:57 am 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"Oh? Were we joking?" she glanced up questioningly from the bandage she was wrapping. She smiled a moment later. "Humor is important in difficult times. One's spirit needs healing as much as one's body."

"I suppose that I assumed...but it doesn't matter. Whether we were being humorous or sincere, one cannot doubt the truth of your insight. The spirit needs much healing."

As he said this, he began bandaging the foot of a child who had lost a toe with a wan smile.

)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:58 am 

The Asako hero observed and gave aid as needed.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:28 am 

"I last wrestled some when I visited the Crab." she shrugged. "It was a rite of passage of sorts. A way to show I was more than I seemed."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:37 am 

"I wrestled a Crab once..." It comes out in a half-murmur, distracted as he is by his patient. Ah, those were happier times.

"But I cannot say that wrestling has been a pastime of mine. We are generally encouraged to leave that sort of thing to the professionals. At Kyuden Doji, anyway."

)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:50 am 

"I have been in some unusual situations." she explained. "Sometimes it is best to adapt."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:58 am 

Doji Koushi wrote:

They can be more direct when they want something from my experience...

"The Strength and direction of a Matsu is a very different animal to the Doji" Homura gave Koushi a subtle wink at that. She allowed the Isawa and the Doji to talk shop, smiling a little to herself. It seemed easier to just let them converse than cut into the topic they were discussing.

How cute. I wonder if she's married? Ah, those sleeves, how unfortunate.

She looked around, seeing if there was any others she could assist, but still remaining within earshot of Koushi and the Isawa in case they had need of her.

(OOC - if anyone is still free and wants to talk they can pm me :D )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next