It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:06 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 1 - LM] Flashing Lights [Phoenix Only]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:20 am 

"It's hard to believe they could remain as peaceful as they have until now." Miwako said. "From what I've seen. There's little other than battle in Toshigoku."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:34 am 

Tomomi nods at Kashiwagi's...order? Yes, he certainly seemed used to taking charge. She really looked for the first time, eyes widening a bit as she realized that even in backwater courts she'd heard of him. Held himself like an Inquisitor already then. Sadly that might be useful this winter. "Yes, the Phoenix have knowledge to offer in plenty, we should definitely collect and use what we know."

"I doubt we'll get to talk to any now, if they've joined in this attack you speak of." As Miwako joins in, she adds, "You've seen the Realm of Slaughter, Isawa-san?" There is definitely surprise there.

Carries: Wakizashi, fan, satchel of paper and writing supplies, small mirror, incense

"people are trapped in history and history is trapped in them" -James Baldwin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:39 am 

"I can only assume it is the Steel Chrysanthemum. Only he would have a will strong enough to control such spirits."

Background

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:42 am 

Asako Tamaki wrote:
"I can only assume it is the Steel Chrysanthemum. Only he would have a will strong enough to control such spirits."

"I watched him murder the current Emperor, so yes your intuition is correct," he said dryly.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:47 am 

The cup in her hand, only beginning its journey, thumps back to the table from nerveless fingers. "Steel Chrysanthemum? Hantei the XVI himself? How..." She frowns, confused, then looks to Tamaki.

"How could a Hantei be trapped in the Realm of Slaughter? He was horrible, but he is still a scion of Lady Sun. Still divine. That's like...like finding that Hantei had been corrupted into a hungry ghost, it shouldn't happen, should it?" Her gaze darts between Tamacki and the Shugenja in the room. Knowledge of such spiritual matters was far more within their day to day business.

Carries: Wakizashi, fan, satchel of paper and writing supplies, small mirror, incense

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:54 am 

"I have seen it." she nodded. "It isn't a realm I care for."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:04 am 

Tamaki thinks for a moment. "I do not know for sure. But he is leading him. It is possible he is not from Toshigoku, but just managed to take control of the spirits. I do not know. But regardless, his army is." Tamaki's certainty while having a logical basis does not necessarily seem to be rooted in cold logic. But even so, she does not seem to be willing to outright accuse a Hantei, even a murderous one, as being a Toshigoku spirit. At least not yet.

She looks at Miwako. "How?" Tamaki does an OK job concealing her perverse desire for such horrible knowledge. (Sincerity 27)

Background

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:20 am 

She looked at Kashiwagi for a moment, with a questioning glance. This was something she wanted, however, to make greater use of her gifts, for the clan.

"I can pass, spiritually, into other realms." she explained.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:27 am 

Honestly, Tomomi had some vague idea that this was something fairly common to shugenja, given the truly detailed treatises on the spirit realms out there (The original scroll of All Realms Under Heaven was easily 30 feet long).

"That seems useful, and dangerous." This time the tea makes it to her lips for a calming sip. "Do you speak with the spirits there? If spirits have returned from multiple realms perhaps there would be a way to ...ask?" She too, really did not want to learn that the returned Hantei was basically damned.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:30 am 

He nodded his approval.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:45 am 

Aside from a few muffled coughs, Hachi remained silent, listening to those who actually had information on this situation.

Sadly, it still sounded familiar from his scroll. Far too familiar.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:16 pm 

"I can and have spoken with a few." she nodded. "Toshigoku is not an ideal place for conversations, however."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:33 pm 

“It seems obvious to me that we must prepare ourselves for conflict with these spirits from Toshigoku, which brings me to another topic, the Kitsu daimyo is here and I suspect she has brought the Mirror with her that destroyed the home of the Asako,” he said to the group.

“I tell you this so that you are aware, do not act against her. Our priorities should be preparing ourselves for conflict with the spirits lead by the Toshigoku emperor and aiding our fellow clans.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:08 pm 

Inugami just continued to listen. He is no one to meddle in the affairs of the shugenja, yet his connection to the spirit realms peaked his interest in listening to what they had to say. He continued watching quietly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:13 am 

Tamaki is extremely interested in the idea of the Mirror of Sorrows being here. "Of course. The Lion are allies. Though it is good to know that the Mirror is here. I was there that day. I can speak for it's power. Certainly something that can aid the Empire or devastate it in the wrong hands."

Yojimbo looks to Tamaki, considering. He hadn't considered killing Tamaki for a year or so. But if she tries to do something rash.....

Background

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:12 am 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"I can and have spoken with a few." she nodded. "Toshigoku is not an ideal place for conversations, however."

"Ah, no...I can imagine." After an autumn apparently speaking with some, she can, in fact, imagine them in an environment that encouraged their more disturbing tendencies.

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
“I tell you this so that you are aware, do not act against her. Our priorities should be preparing ourselves for conflict with the spirits lead by the Toshigoku emperor and aiding our fellow clans.”

Tomomi skims past mention of the mirror while her player figures out if that's common knowledge for bookworms, glances at the small percentage of martial types inthe room, and asks the obvious question, "What is involved in preparing for conflict with spirits? I assume you mean armed conlict?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:36 pm 

“Information and swords… prayer scrolls, and a lot of logistics. We will need to work with the Lion to make sure there is enough food to go around, perhaps bolster their patrols, and provide spiritual guidance if requested. Most importantly we may have to move to a more military footing if a siege or worse comes,” he said honestly.

“On top of caring for any wounded if such comes to pass.”

Kashiwagi thought carefully and outlined a few more details for the Phoenix, the basics of keeping their weapons nearby, don’t leave the city alone, and other common preparatory tasks. He finished with, “The best thing we can do though is to follow the guidance of Shimizu-daimyo as long as it does not conflict with the Imperatives of the clan.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 pm 

The Isawa now started to wonder about spirit war matters. He had his own but if they were to fight spirits of Toshigoku, his mind wanders and wonders about how to defeat an army that may be infinite.

He question himself... how long would it take for a person that has died get influence by the realm? How can one discern between the desire of defeating one's enemy and bloodlust? If he falls in war, will he become one of those spirits or will the Lord Moon have other plans for him? Are those covered with this bloodlust and die will they be judged in Meido or go strait to Toshigoku?

The man was pensive. He kept his questions to himself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:59 pm 

Hachi thought. Then, after coughing, asked "You have just said we should not bother Kitsu-dono about the mirror. But, then, you, as highest here, should ask her about the chance to use it to return the Spirits to the Heavens, that no more conflict need occur."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:18 am 

"That is my plan, I do not want you all to badger her, I will engage her and gauge how we can rectify that wrong," he said.

TN 0 to be Recognized.