It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:42 pm

Post subject: (D1, EE, Horonigai's Room) Imperial? Talk
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:05 pm 

After asking around the Shiro, it seemed none of the servants knew of any Miya that were staying there, from Morikage Toshi or otherwise. Things had been quite hectic of course, so perhaps one would be found in time, but from what she could understand, there were few Imperials present in general.

Still, she WAS informed there were a few Seppun present, and Miya lands had had their fair share of Seppun as well. She had written to the one that was supposedly the senior member of the delegation, if it could be called such, and had heard back she should visit.

Now outside Horonigai's chambers, she gave a light scratch at the door.

Post subject: Re: (D1, EE, Horonigai's Room) Imperial? Talk
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:46 am 

"Who's there?" A muffled voice passes through the shoji screen.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:35 am 

Poemu spoke up softly. "Seppun-sama, it is Agasha Poemu, from winter court. We has written about meeting?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:00 am 

Horonigai slides the shoji door open a slit and takes a good look at the Agasha. "Neh~ Konbanwa Agsasha-san."

The miharu looks left and right to see if there's anyone else. Failing to notice, she takes a step back and slides the door just as wide as Poemu's shoulders.

"Hajime mashite. Please, get in." When the other girl enters, Horonigai closes the door and provides a bow, "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu. Forgive my rudeness, the room is not yet fully set up."

Around them, piles of things from clothes to weapons and documents, spread out across the room. Horonigai herself is wearing a silk yukata with lion motifs.

A black cat stands on the tallest pile of stuff, looming over them.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:42 am 

Poemu gave a bow before entering, as best she could. Looking around... it was more stuff than her entire family had! She kept her On, even if she stared a bit, before finally smiling at Horonigai.

"Thank you for having me Seppun-sama. I don't mind the clutter at all, so please don't fret over it. Shall we sit and have dinner brough? Or have you already eaten?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:51 am 

"U-un. I'm star-" She blinks, measuring her words and then takes a breath to continue, "I have not yet eaten and would be honored to share with Agasha-san."

Her eyebrows raise as she mentions one of the items around, "I've been given that bento by the Lion since i did not go out to eat. There's plenty for both of us, I believe."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 am 

Poemu gave a nod and moved to the table. "Is that so? Then I won't have to ask the servants to bring anything. Ano... perhaps some tea?"

The Agasha tapped her chin thoughtfully with her fan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:57 am 

"Un!" She nods and adds with contained joy, "tea would be lovely, hai. Which blend you prefer?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:01 am 

Poemu lightly chewed her lower lip a moment. "Ano... I am not really a tea expert. I'm used to just... d-drinking whatever's available I suppose. Perhaps Seppun-sama has a suggestion?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:22 am 

As her eyes roll up, Horonigai sighs in relief with Poemu's comment. "I know... nearly nothing about tea, too!"

There's a contained laugh, and the Imperial continues, "Let's try that one on that box," the Seppun points out, "I'll get water in the kettle and warm it up. You can prepare the mix."

"Ganbatte, neh~!" Horonigai says while lifting herself up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:46 am 

Poemu nodded softly. She wasn't bad at preparing tea, but she wasn't good either. Still, there was nothing wrong with average tea. Moving, she opened the box she was directed to. Thankfully, it seemed wherever Horonigai had gotten the tea mix, they had done much of the work for her.

Knowing the water would take some time to heat, she turned to her hostess. "What about the meal you spoke of? Is there anything I can help with preparing it?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:28 pm 

"Eto." Horonigai gets closer to Poemu as the kettle heats up. She brings the bento on her lap as she slides sideways, closer to the Agasha. "I'm not sure. I haven't even opened it yet."

She muses, with a tiny grin. "Let me open up the sild, you tell me what's inside. I won't look. It is going to funny to check how you Dragon name things. You won't believe on the odd names the Suzume samurai gives to things."

Horonigai puts the bento to her left, being side by side with the Dragon maiden, and does as mentioned while looking to the ceiling.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:05 pm 

Suzume? How strange... As the box was opened, Poemu let out a soft sigh after a deep breath. It would most certainly be food that she hadn't really ever had in Dragon lands before. She was, however, pleasantly surprised to have plenty of good ideas.

"Ah, and here I was worried! There are some pickled carrots and... yams I believe, along with edamame. There's a few onigiri, with umeboshi from the smell. Ah, and it looks like they included some dried fish as well. A simple but tasty looking bento Seppun-sama! Whomever in the Sparrow made this for you thought highly of you."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:03 am 

The Seppun muses as each item is announced either nodding deeper when she liked the item and a short nod when she didn't like it so much: which only produced when yam was mentioned.

"I hope they do. I've bothered them for a full year and some more." Horonigai raises an eyebrow playfully. "Which one you prefer?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:14 am 

"I think they all sound quite delicious Seppun-sama. I've been told before that I'm a very open water though, I can't think of any food I've disliked." She gave a small smile. "If you wish, I'd be honored to eat whatever you don't. Pick whatever suits you."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:46 pm 

"I pick." She widens, allowing suspense to play up its part. In a flick of the wrist, her chopsticks are produced and she wiggles them in a swirling motions towards the...

"Yam!" Horonigai announces and leaves the chopsticks over the bento to clap both hands in prayer.

"Itadakimasu~!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:20 pm 

There is a touch of surprise at the choice, but only a moment. Producing her own chopsticks and murmuring her own thanks for the food, she picked up a bit of dried fish, waiting for her host before taking her own first bite.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:09 pm 

So, they start eating. Horonigai takes a good bite of the yam and tries not to show how much she dislikes it. She wouldn't allow a guest to have the worst, obviously. Not one so charming as Poemu, at least.

Besides, she is used to chew yams. Additionally, she believes they are good to enhance certain areas of the body, as told by an old Sparrow samurai-ko she once met. Not that she needed much, but with thoughts of being a healthy mother to many children, eating yams is, well, duty.

"Eto," She opens up conversation after swallowing, "Agasha-san. I've seen many Dragon samurai today in court, and some others walking around town. Many I'm not familiar with. Was there a big delegation here for winter court?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:21 am 

Perhaps it was a tragedy that Poemu in fact was somewhat fond of yams. They were one of the few crops that took well to mountain soil, so the Agasha had always had recipes to make good dishes from the roots.

That wasn't to say she wasn't enjoying the dried fish, and she even allowed herself a soft sigh and faint smile. Whomever had prepared the bento had some talent. "Hm? Oh, well... a few here were there with me Seppun-sama,vbut others were here in Toshi no Omoidoso. I agree it's still a touch strange, but one never knows when and where the Togashi will show up."

"I'm more surprised how few from the Imperial families are here. I do hope those at Morikage Toshi made it out..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:41 am 

Horonigai chopsticks gently go down at the thought. She looks at the water kettle while her smile faints for a heartbeat. "Sumimasen," she politely excuses herself to get the item and then pour tea for Poemu.

"I know nearly nothing about the Togashi, honestly." The Seppun puts the kettle at their arms distance and secures a lock of hair that fell off behind her ear. "Besides, of course, the Kami, tattoos and, well, certain resistance to..."

She blinks.

"... cold?"