It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:45 pm

Post subject: Re: [D13, EA] - Talking Chop (crab embassy)
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:08 am 

Maiya went into listening mode. She had finally gotten over the shock of the moving tattoos. Now this was all quite intriguing.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:39 am 

"I have heard that everyone finds their own path to the High House of Light." she responded. "There is no set road to visit the Togashi. I did not find one during my journey, but I did find my way there."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:17 am 

"That's a riddle all right," Yukarin said, nodding to herself and crossing her arms. "...so, you did not become a Dragon though?"

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:55 am 

"No." she shook her head. "I didn't even think the tattoos were actually mystical until recently."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:59 am 

"Doubly unusual... I'd think the Dragon would want to keep such gifts in their Clan. I sense... a mystery! Or perhaps I am reading too much into it."

Yukarin gave a shrug, "I guess one cannot help but wonder when the Dragon are involved."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:25 am 

"They would like say that it was part of what must be, or some other form philosophical explanation." she shrugged. "Maybe joining their order is my eventual fate. I can"t imagine leaving the Phoenix. However."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:08 am 

"Maybe you could marry into the Dragon? Or are you married already, Isawa-sama?"

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:37 am 

"Isawa-sama has a nice husband and an adorable child, ne?" Maiya comments with a smile and nod to Miwako.

"The Togashi are still monks, desho? Maybe Isawa-sama is meant to join them when she retires from being a samurai, rather than becoming a normal nun?"

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:13 am 

"We will see, in time." she shrugged. "They weren't very interested in sake."

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:41 am 

"But, you both are, ne?" She asks, returning the conversation to possible deals and commerce.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:11 am 

Rin chuckled softly, "It seems so. We will have to drink together some time if we get the chance. Neh, Isawa-sama. I'd also love to talk about children some time; I would like some of my own soon, so the wisdom of a mother would be invaluable. What with my own mother being long gone. And I would certainly never write my father about such things."

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:15 am 

"Ano, I hope I can meet them..." Maiya chimes in at the mention of Yukarin having kids.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:31 pm 

"I would be pleased, to drink with you and go discuss such things, Yasuki-san." she smiled. "I know Kaiu-san is likely to return south once this is over. Will you be doing so as well?"

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:23 am 

Rin nodded a little, "That's right. I wonder if my lord is worried about me, or if news of everything that is happening up here in the area has reached down there. I know I was expected back before the leaves were on the trees, as they say."

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 2:35 am 

"I have to imagine the stories of what has happened have spread across the Empire." she mused. "It may take time for a curate accounts to travel that far south, but the news of all that's happened will get there."

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:16 pm 

"We'll bring some news too." Maiya points out.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:33 pm 

"Well, hopefully they're not all too worried either way. For now, I am sorry I could not arrange things until the day before most of us leave, Isawa-sama. You seem a very fascinating person, and I am sorry I do not have time to get to know you better, all things told."

Yukarin finished the tea in her cup.

"I shall have to write you to see things are going for you this upcoming summer."