It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:12 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day Twelve - Early Afternoon] On the Dragon's Perch
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:29 am 

"Hmmm..." Tsukimi rubbed her chin in thought. "... It would be most prudent that one gives pursuit to a moving enemy, if possible. It could mean catching the enemy between us and the Imperial Legions."

That reminded her. "I must... find some time to speak with the Crane. I had offered my assistance in locating their missing Champion, and I should probably hear if they have planned an expedition for it yet."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:49 am 

"We would be able to travel faster and most stealthily if the refugees are tended to here, at least," she nodded at the idea of sandwiching the enemy.

Wasako crossed her arms, there had been a good share of Lion and Crane business that had been going over her head in the background. She wondered if this was related or a whole other different matter. "That's no small matter either...at least I know why the Crane are preoccupied."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:21 am 

"These are 'slaughter spirits' after all. If they had the strength to defeat the forces here, then why not do so to ensure their own army is not caught between us?" Tetsu smirked. "Or perhaps they think the garrison here is too weak to remain a threat."

Tetsu raised an eyebrow. "A missing champion is interesting indeed."

Typically Carries: Robes (Reinforced when Appropriate)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:02 am 

"There had been rumors that Doji-sama was covering the escape of many from Morikage Toshi, but he did not make it to Toshi no Omoidoso from what I understand. I understand the Crane's wish to search for him, as I would have wanted the same for our Lord."

Having been around Lion do much had rubbed off some tactical knowledge on her. "The Steel Chrysanthemum holds Morikage Toshi, but it is a limited staging ground. In addition, since they failed to take Toshi no Omoidoso and Nikesake they are running out of options to fortify their supply line and command. They can't afford to fall back to Morikage Toshi as that will allow the Imperial Legions and everyone else the chance to muster their forces and descend upon them. Their tactic was shock and awe; to move quickly and brutally in before anyone could properly react."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 pm 

She gave a few slow nods and tried to imagine Togashi Motaru being captured. "If that was the case with Togashi-ue, it was likely because he wanted to be kept and it was part of some greater riddle or they simply wouldn't be able to hold him for long..."

However, this wasn't about who was the better or more capable Champion and she gave a shake of her head to dismiss that comparison.

"Hopefully, the Champion can be found. I imagine we need all the pillars of stability if the Empire is going to be able see peace any time soon," she nodded soundly at that. "The former Emperor's tactic has been working so far, any desperate bids made are likely one without reserve. I imagine that like any raging fire, it will find itself burnt out if there's nothing left to fuel it. Hopefully, that's not the whole Empire."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:40 pm 

"Is that so?" Tetsu murmured as Tsukimi spoke of battlefield tactics. For all her talk, Tetsu was no war strategist. "I did not think of supply lines. But that is sensible, as there are not only spirits among their ranks."

Tetsu shrugged. "An Empire that topples due to one claimant was meant to fall. I doubt it will happen, though."

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:06 am 

"The Emerald Empire is more than just one person, and more than just a throne," she remarked, some of her usual serenity returning to her words and features.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:23 am 

Tetsu shrugged. "I meant what I said under both interpretations."