It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:39 pm

Post subject: Re: [D12, EA] Sword Swingin' (expecting)
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:38 am 

"Um... no. I imagine anything that I may not know you will take care of."

After all, the only concern she had might accidently hitting Maiya, but she trusted Maiya wouldn't do this if she was worried in the slightest about being hurt.

In the meantime Yukarin closed her eyes, lifting her bokken up to about waist level, "I am ready to try my best."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:52 am 

"Good. Okay then, one moment."

Maiya took a few sidesteps until she was behind Yukarin to her right.

Lifting her bokken up into a guard she stamped her foot.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:09 am 

Even though it was Maiya, it was honestly a little unnerving having someone walking around you with your eyes closed. Especially when they had a heavy stick. Still, Yukarin resisted the temptation to open her eyes and listened closely. She found herself debating inwardly how quickly Maiya might want her to attack when the stamp came.

Acting on instinct, she turned and struck; It was very hard to aim and be fast, so she was actually somewhat slow in the action of turning and starting the strike, not that the strike itself was slow; It was a sharp but not especially strong one that went right for Maiya's own bokken.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:15 am 

Unaware of Yukarin's nervousness, Maiya was instead focused on observing and blocking. The attack had come quick and more importantly it was competent.

"Good, you listened for my footsteps. That's quicker than I was my first time."

She pushed up to create some distance by knocking Yukarin's bokken away.

"Remember to back up and return to a ready stance Yukarin-sama."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:13 am 

She nodded a bit and did so while asking the question she'd come up with, "So... should I turn then strike after I'm sure where you are? Or should it all be one smooth motion and I have to adjust on the fly? The latter seems... much harder. I had to make sure where I was aiming and that my footing was right before I swung, and that seems like enough time for someone else to do something."

Yukarin appreciated hearing that she'd actually done well, but she WAS a curious one.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:35 am 

"Usually I see samurai turn and then strike after they're sure of their surroundings. Sometimes our Sensei would surprise them by having someone move around the area while the target stayed in place. Or there would be two targets. Or someone would throw something you would need to deflect or dodge." She thought about all of that and shook her head. "Let's not do that. Basics first. If you rely only on your instincts then you risk attacking in the wrong direction or hurting someone friendly if you don't check. It also lessens your guard. Let your instincts help you home in on a likely enemy, but always check first. If that gives the enemy a chance to attack before you, well, that's why you're in a stance where you can move or counter-attack."

She sounded quite pleased with herself as she remembered all the many, many tiny pieces of information she'd gained over the years of her training. Unlike her Sensei, she was quite forthcoming with the information all at once.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:47 am 

Rin seemed really relieved by that answer, visibly relaxing her shoulders a bit, "That sounds more than reasonable. And much more what I'd prefer anyways."

She closes her eyes and raises the sword again.

"You do your sensei proud. Shall we continue?"

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:01 am 

She stood up straighter. First time I've heard that. You're too nice Yukarin-sama.

"Hai, let's continue. When you get used to this you can do it solo, imagining an opponent, and thereby practice fighting against enemies that could be anywhere."

Making sure the Yasuki had closed her eyes she moved into a new spot, stamping to signal the next practice.

/ Scene?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:05 am 

Rin did her best, finding all this information intensely interesting as she put her all into it.

/scene