It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:04 pm

Post subject: Re: It's Complicated [D13, LE, Closed]
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:39 pm 

Degarashi drained his cup first, cheeks flaring briefly red from the strength of the brew, before enthusiastically bringing it to the table with a thunk.

"Pffft, do as you will. If they can't avoid a savage beating from a Sparrow they're no student of mine. But we shall see what the future holds. For now, I think it holds many perilous journeys, tests of loyalty, and tears. I'll not find myself wanting for the work of laughter."

He stood, slowly, smiling to Chihaya with genuine warmth, not quite ready to leave, but knowing that he soon must, to achieve his newfound purpose.

"Maybe this Scorpion wouldn't be so bad at flying after all, neh?"

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:45 pm 

"Maybe he could learn... though he himself did come close to a little bit of a tap, on occasion."

A sly smile, but she shrugged.

"If you do wish to fly, just remember - when you borrow wings, you both must land safely. So long as you do, I imagine you might yet soar."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:53 pm 

"Ah, I shouldn't fear the safety of the wings this one might borrow, they're too precious to risk coming to harm."

He cleared his throat, shaking himself a bit.

"Still not quite used to the heavier drinks. I think I shall go sleep this off, so I might face the morning with a measure of dignity."

He bowed deeply, then stood up, silent and thoughtful.

"Is there some Sparrow tradition appropriate to farewells such as these? Everything I can think of feels... inadequate."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:07 pm 

She smiled, and shook her head. "We wish one another well, offer prayers and blessings, and in the end, we go."

A soft sigh. "With any luck, we meet again and celebrate with good food, stories, and music."

Raising an eyebrow, she added, "Therefore, I must ask you to live so that we can do just that."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:21 pm 

"And you must live as well, both to find that recipe and so that I might report on those tattoos." He trailed off with a small giggle. "If such is the case, go with the fortunes ever by your side, and favor ever drawn within your blade."

Another bow, this one deeper and more final, followed his words as he stepped aside, gesturing towards the door in deference to her station.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:14 am 

Chihaya rose, dusting herself off, bowed, and then left, pausing as she passed, saying very quietly.

"When you are ready to fly - I will be waiting."

Smiling mysteriously, she stepped through the door, and disappeared through the crowd, passing among the staff with remarkable poise.

/classy exit

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:24 am 

Despite his increased decorum, that last comment still send tingles all throughout his body, and the petulant glare did nothing as Chihaya left without looking back.

Shaking his head, Degarashi made his way from the restaurant as well, a little less poised, but with significantly more bounce in his step.

/Scene