It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:48 pm

Post subject: Re: [D13, EA] - Talking Chop (crab embassy)
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:08 am 

Looking up with a smile, Yukarin bowed where she was sitting, "Ah, Kaiu-san. Please, come in and take a seat. I ordered some tea too if you'd care for some. Isawa-sama and I were just starting to get to know one another."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:36 am 

"Ano, onegaishimasu Yasuki-sama."

She bowed again before moving to sit at the table with them. Maiya kept her movements slow and, for her, relatively graceful as she sat down. She was on her best behaviour.

"Nice to see you again Isawa-sama. You both have links with Crab sake, ne?" The bushi hoped she wasn't interrupting a commercial discussion. All those numbers and talk of profits just left her baffled.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:05 am 

Miwako bowed. "It is good to see you again, Kaiu-San. I am pleased you could join us."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:28 am 

"I actually hadn't brought up the sake connection yet, actually. I'd some other questions I had wished to ask Isawa-sama here. But since that is done with regardless... I suppose that is as good of a segway as any. Were you once a Crab then, Iswa-sama?"

She turns from Maiya to Miwako, looking at her curiously.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:36 am 

"Thank you. Me too."

She hadn't known about the meeting, but she was glad to be part of it. Maiya remained quiet and listened as the two merchant women spoke.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:57 am 

She shook her head. "No. Not at all. I have, however, come ho greatly appreciate your clan. During the conflict with the baga, there was an incident with a number of Yasuki supply wagons. I assisted in recovering much of what was lost and was invited to oversee a sake house belonging to your family. It was an unusual offer, but I accepted it. It has done well."

"Months later, I was in Ryoko Owari when Hida Kame-sama visited." she added. "I somehow spent much of the evening drinking with her honor guard and made a few acquaintances in Crab courts. And now, I have had the honor and pleasure of meeting Kaiu-San, her cousin and yourself."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:35 am 

Wow.

The more she learned about Miwako the more amazing the Phoenix was. She'd met her Clan Champion and shared drinks with the woman's honour guard. Not even her Sensei or her gunso could boast about that!

Maiya sat there silently. Stunned.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:23 am 

Yukarin beamed a smile, "You have been quite busy indeed; I can see why the Crab would entrust you with such an honor. Have you been to visit the sake house itself then, or have you exclusively overseen it from afar?"

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:56 am 

"Hai." she nodded. "I spent last spring and summer in Crab lands, after wintering with the Dragon. Both were environments I was unaccustomed to, but I enjoyed the experiences."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:30 pm 

"Ano, you are very well travelled Isawa-sama." She glanced to Yukarin as she asked Miwako a question. "What are Dragon lands like?" Maiya didn't want to derail the conversation or anything Yukarin planned to talk about, so she was checking with her to see if the brief aside to sate her curiosity was acceptable.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:37 pm 

"Hai, I am curious as well. I can hardly imagine living up amongst the mountains like that."

If Rin was feeling interrupted, it certainly didn't show. What with how enthusiastic she seemed about the subject.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:59 pm 

"That was a very unusual experience." she explained. "I was invited to train with the Togashi, to learn their ways. I confess, I didn't really understand it. That's how I felt."

"I can appreciate philosophy and the Tao." she continued. "But, so much of what I was told felt more like a riddle than a lesson. When I left the mountains, I thought I had failed to learn anything, to find the path they were trying to show me. But, it seems I just needed time."

She looked down at the tattooes on her forearms as they began to swirl around.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:03 pm 

Were Miwako's tattoos moving?

WERE THE TATTOOS MOVING?

The tattoos were moving!

Maiya felt the need to point to Miwako's forearms. "Your tattoos...!"

No, she hadn't seen any Togashi monks do this yet. Yes, she was mildly alarmed.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:49 pm 

To Yukarin, it wasn't so much alarming as fascinating; She knew little to nothing about the Togashi, it was true. But the rest of the Empire accepted them, so their tattoos must be legit. That just dove her curiosity on as she watched with attentive eyes to see what would happen.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:21 pm 

"This is the gift of Togashi." she explained. "I was told that the ink for the tattoos contains some of the Kami's power and allows the bearer to harness abilities that will help them on their path. These hold the essence of the wind, offering me additional swiftness."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:00 am 

"... Sugoi."

Maiya was still a little alarmed, but hearing the explanation she was also becoming fascinated like Yukarin. She'd heard that Togashi had magical tattoos. She'd just never seen it.

"The Dragon must really favour you Isawa-sama."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:09 am 

"I am honored by their favor, but I honestly don't understand it." she chuckled. "We met two Togashi during the Naga conflict who were trying to prepare an obelisk to take back to the mountains. I was one of those who helped and they suggested that my path should lead me to their order. It was very random."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:28 am 

"Hmm. They were right though, ne?" Maiya points out.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:53 am 

"So it seems." she nodded. "It has been an unusual and unexpected path, regardless."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:06 am 

"Don't they say the way of the Togashi is often that way? I don't know much about the Dragon in general, there certainly weren't many stories of them amongst the Unicorn, but isn't the rumor that no one chooses to be a Togashi and that fate kind of leads them to that path, as it were?"