It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:18 pm

Post subject: Re: I Need A Hero (Epilogue)
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:51 am 

Masahiko also bowed to Izumi and responded to Touki's nod with a glowing smile.

"Thank you, Kitsu-ue!"

Ah, adventure! And Phoenix lands, so beautiful this time of year!!

He slung his ono over his shoulder and joined the march alongside Touki.

Owns: Kyuzo

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:16 am 

Kitsu Izumi wrote:
"I did not come to the Crane asking to help save their Champion," Izumi reminds them, her tone bitter.

As they were now busy dealing with the undead Tetsuko held her tongue. It was more important to keep her comrades alive and untouched by the tainted.

Kitsu Izumi wrote:
Izumi closes her eyes and speaks with the kami, her voice quiet. "That way," she replies, pointing to the north. "They fell back into Phoenix lands."

So she waited for an opportune moment to approach and bowed respectfully.

"Thank you, and please forgive me Kitsu-sama. While I am truly grateful that you agreed to aid us, it was not the Crane who set these events in motion." She gestured to the sea of corpses. "If the situation were reversed, would you, would the Lion, find it easy to forgive. To forget?" She shook her head. "In any case, I am no one important. I pray the Fortunes smile upon us, upon our quest, and reveal Doji-dono, unharmed."

Though the simmering anger beneath the surface was apparent she at least managed to deliver her Honest words with Courtesy.

Day 13. Sincerity (Honesty). Bentens.: 4d10o10 14
Day 13. Etiquette (Courtesy). Bentens.: 6d10o10k4 33

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:09 am 

"To the north then," he says with a nod. He rides off to the north and seeks the path of least resistance before doubling back to rejoin the group. He repeats this task several times until they reach a point when people need to rest.

I Need A Hero (Epilogue), Hunting / Perception: 4d10o10k3 17

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:51 am 

Izumi stares at Tetsuko, then turns and walks back to her horse. "I said that I would assist the Crane, and I have done so. I will not burden your memories further with my presence "

She pulls herself back onto horseback, then looks down on the Crane in disappointment. "Consider well this day, and how things might have gone differently."

/turns and rises away

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:52 pm 

Masahiko paused in his tracks, turned, then erupted.

"Lord Doji is going to find that chain of events really interesting, Daidoji-san. Some Crane you are. I bow and scrape to get this little crew together to find our lord, and you just can't help but hold your self-righteous head above everyone else."

His knuckles whitened around the handle of the ono. "It's just like court back in Nikesake. You are poison, Daidoji-san. You are the embodiment of the sickness that has brought our clan low. And I pray that for the sake of us all, you cut yourself out of our clan before someone more important does it for you."

His voice dropped two decibels. "And does us real damage."

He slowly worked his anger back into his body, then turned to the others.

"I would, with all honesty, respect the decision of anyone who chose to leave with Kitsu-ue. The Samurai of the Crane have forgotten the Courtesy our Kami taught us. Were I in your position, I am not sure what I would do. But even if poisoned tongues have killed Courtesy in its cradle, I still have Duty to guide me. Your assistance would be deeply appreciated by all true Crane." He bowed from the waist and held it for three breaths before he rose.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:52 pm 

Tsukimi watched the interaction with a kind of paralyzed shock. It did seem like Toshigoku's essence was spreading in the places the army had been, and it was somewhat horrifying.

"... Kakita-sama, I gave my word to assist your clan in any way I could." And she carried his sword so leaving his side was not something she felt she could do easily. "But someone should accompany Kitsu-sama. It's not safe to travel alone."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:22 pm 

(OOC: Hold.

My apologies. I posted drunk and let my OOC resentment at the Lion spill out. My character is a better courtier than that and so I'd like to retract my previous post with Mindshred's blessing and start again.)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:55 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
(OOC: Hold.

My apologies. I posted drunk and let my OOC resentment at the Lion spill out. My character is a better courtier than that and so I'd like to retract my previous post with Mindshred's blessing and start again.)

(We're past that point and dice are rolled, so things move forward as posted.)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:07 pm 

Tetsuko's fear and rage melted into shame. She leapt up onto her horse and rose after the Kitsu.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:14 pm 

Yuko looked somewhat shaken.

"Kakita-san, I do not know Daidoji Tetsuko well. She does not ride in rage I trust?" Yuko asked, wondering if she should follow after them to assure Izumi's safety.

Carries: Kakita blade (Ketsuyoku), wakizashi, tanto, aiguchi, shards of a biwa, kimono

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:18 pm 

Touki shook his head. The look on Tetsuko's face had been answer enough to that question.

He turned back to the north. "Let us see our duty through, if we can." He said in his deep monotone.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:22 pm 

A dark thought flashed through Masahiko's mind, but he hid it away before Touki responded.

The giant shook his head to clear his thoughts. "Hai. I mean to go on, anyway. I won't lose Lord Doji because of this."

He turned and began to march alongside his friend.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:26 pm 

“Friendship is truly tested when it is time to share the burden”, Tsukimi thought to herself, and pressed on with the others.

She had faith in Tetsuko's Honor to win out over her emotions now, judging by the look on her face. Sometimes, one just needed to put faith in other people.

"We still have daylight on our side, let's make the most of it."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:26 pm 

Eventually Tetsuko caught up to the group, alone. She seemed remarkably calm for one who had ridden so hard.

"Kakita-sama, I apologise. My honesty defeated my courtesy. To see such devastation, and be in the presence of the one who was ultimately responsible..." She shook her head. "Perhaps Toshigoku took my tongue. When we find Doji-dono I will ask him to accept my seppuku." She looked around at the group and then back at Masahiko. "But until then I will I trust Isawa-sama's skills with the kami to guide us well. "

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:41 pm 

Monkhbaatar looked around after coming back from his small scouting errand. Izumi was gone. He looked at everyone gathered. He just continued on.

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:59 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
Eventually Tetsuko caught up to the group, alone. She seemed remarkably calm for one who had ridden so hard.

"Kakita-sama, I apologise. My honesty defeated my courtesy. To see such devastation, and be in the presence of the one who was ultimately responsible..." She shook her head. "Perhaps Toshigoku took my tongue. When we find Doji-dono I will ask him to accept my seppuku." She looked around at the group and then back at Masahiko. "But until then I will I trust Isawa-sama's skills with the kami to guide us well. "

The Kakita's fury nearly bubbled back to the surface, but he took a breath and nodded. "Let us continue, then. Nothing else for it."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:10 pm 

It was not her place to comment on the issue further, so Tsukimi took point to guide the group in the direction Izumi had pointed out before the arguments broke out.

----

D13 I Need A Hero. Hunting to follow Izumi's directions. 2 ranks from Lion Tattoo. +1k1 Void. TN ???: 6d10o10k4 38

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:53 pm 

The group travels north for a few days, encountering more shuffling Lion zombies, but fortunately not in any group large enough to prevent their easy destruction. Eventually they reach the outskirts of Shiro Shiba, which seems to have seem fighting as well, albeit nothing quite on the scale as Toshi no Omoidoso or Nikesake.

Two Phoenix samurai approach the group with wary looks. "Travelers," one says, his voice reserved. "Welcome to Phoenix lands. I trust that you have the appropriate traveling papers?"

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:36 am 

"Sumimasen, Phoenix-sama!" Yuko called out from below.

"We have come from. Nikesake after the enemy's army departed to the south! While we wish we could have joined our brethren in continuing the fight we were forced to strike this way with much haste! By last received word from our scouts, Lord Doji Etsuo-dono staged a fighting retreat against the Usurper and may have made his way here!"

She bowed low.

"in the haste of departing and the chaos of conflict, we did not have time to secure such papers! The Crane and their noble allies," she said gesturing to the Akodo, Isawa, and Togashi, "beg of your mercy and Compassion as we seek to ensure Doji-dono's safety and whereabouts!"

Carries: Kakita blade (Ketsuyoku), wakizashi, tanto, aiguchi, shards of a biwa, kimono

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:56 am 

"Ah, understood," the Phoenix samurai says. He gestures to the castle in the distance. "You will be wanting to speak with the Lord Doji, then?"