It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:40 pm

Post subject: Inspirational Noodles (D13, EA)
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:58 pm 

Suzume Chihaya was thinking.

About many things, but primarily about her technique. It was a useful thing to focus on, so that she could avoid thinking about more uncomfortable or embarrassing topics.

Which was how she found herself sitting at noodle stall, enjoying a soba bowl with a fresh egg boiled on top, and watching birds.

Something about how they flew was nagging at her mind - the way they intercepted one another so cleanly.

She hadn't quite put together the inspiration, but it was there... on the cusp of realization.

So she slurped the noodles in silent contemplation, somewhat worrying the stall owner, as she didn't seem to be reacting to the flavor of his product at all - though she didn't seem to dislike it either...

Profile :: Theme

Post subject: Re: Inspirational Noodles (D13, EA)
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:58 pm 

"One bowl, double egg." A voice said beside her, as a man sat next to the Sparrow. His staff was placed next to him on the ground.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:14 pm 

Chihaya didn't quite leave her reverie, giving a faint nod and grunt of greeting, but remaining intensely focused on the birds, chirping and fighting along the rooftops.

It was so... beautiful. Nature held so many lessons... in such unexpected places.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:49 pm 

Hachi noticed after a few minutes, the focus of the woman. It wasn't immediately obvious, but eventually, even he noticed it. He turned his head slightly to try to see what she was watching, but it appeared to be...

...a couple birds?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:12 am 

As the birds fought and swooped, Chihaya watched intently, making strange slashing motions with her chopsticks.

She seemed quite engrossed, and her food was going cold.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:02 am 

Hachi looked at her funny, then took his own bowl from the propriater. He had finished a couple mouthfulls when one of her chopsticks poked his arm. He blinked down at it.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:35 am 

Chihaya paused when her cunning riposte struck the man, and then colored an interesting shade of crimson. Pulling the tool back, she bowed her head, "Gomen, Isawa-san, I was... lost in my thoughts."

That sounded like a terrible excuse.

"Bird watching. For sword technique."

There. That cleared it up.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:51 am 

"...of course. Not an issue, Suzume-san. Obviously you had to do that. Obviously."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:49 am 

Averting her eye, hid her face behind her hand, partially to hide her smile at the absurdity of the statement, and partially to hide her embarrassment at having poked the man.

"I mean to say, the angles of their flight interested me. They do not fly directly at one another, but rather they fly where the other must fly, if it wishes to attack - they read their opponent's future desires, and interpose themselves at the opportune moment. It is a remarkable skill for such small creatures."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:43 am 

Hachi looked up at the birds. Then at the Sparrow next to him. "You got all that from watching them? That is interesting. I just see a couple birds flying, maybe trying to catch food."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:54 am 

"I've had kata on the mind... but notice how they approach one another? They're fighting over something, and when the one chases the other away, it always goes for an intercept... it guesses where to be, rather than taking a direct route."

She smiled faintly. "I suppose I'm in a strange mood - but it just seems so obvious this morning."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:15 am 

"There is a phrase for that, among the Phoenix. You are one with the Void, this morning."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:04 pm 

"I suppose so."

She gave herself a little shake, and then turned her attention back to her noodles, fishing some out.

"Still, I apologize for poking you. It was not my intent."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:35 pm 

"Heh. It is sort of funny. Does this mean I have assisted you in learning the technique? Should I or my children be able to call upon you later, to learn it?"

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:29 pm 

"I do not know - but if you wished to learn our school, I'm certain it could be arranged."

A faint chuckle. "I doubt, without years of study in our dojo, that it would do you much good however. The idea hinges on several of our methods."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:18 am 

"Ah, like many things then - it requires the past to be, then proceeds to a future benefit or glory."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:43 am 

"Hai. Exactly."

She nodded, pretending she was half the sage the phoenix was, and then giving up the act.

"I guess that's a nice way of saying you have to learn how to stand before you can learn how to fight."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:26 am 

"I suppose it is. And now that you are one with the Void, do you feel you are enlightened?"