It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:45 am

Post subject: Re: Tea Time Proper [D13, Late Afternoon]
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:18 pm 

Horonigai looks at him, wondering if some more moments silence would make him forget the idea. It doesn't happen, and it only gets awkward.

Apologies like that weren't her forte. Trying with a different angle, the moody Imperial looks outside to find a new topic, but it simply doesn't come out.

Finally, she takes the cup down, and frowns to herself. The pout begins to grow, but she regrows her On back to shape.

"D-don't get the wrong idea. It is not like I think you deserve an apology because you have been treating me kindly today or that you're special or something. I-I just feel like I shouldn't have slapped you so hard."

Horonigai harrumphs at first, and sighing... apologizes in her peculiar fashion –– when she thinks she's at fault –– by bowing down low, nearly touching her head on the floor.

"HONTONI SUMIMASEN DESHITA!"

--
Etiquette/Awareness + Benten + 1 Raise (No Offense): 5d10o10k4-5 42
Sincerity/Awareness + Benten + 1 Raise (No Offense) + VP for skill: 4d10o10k4-5 28

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:53 pm 

Barzurig rubbed his lip briefly and then said, “It is forgotten, sayyeda Horo-ni-gai. It was a good slap, such a firm hand was unexpected. You might be more Moto than you realize, my cousin would like your fire.”

He smirked and then put the cup down and smirked as he stroked his beard and said, “Honestly I didn’t think you would apologize, color me surprised.”

Batzurig reached into his coat and pulled out a black furred hat and grinned pleased it made the journey intact. The large Moto said, “So, in the path of making friends I have brought you a peace offering. This is a good hat, fit for a Moto princess... so I suppose it will do for Seppun.”
Attachment:
hat.jpg
hat.jpg [ 14.22 KiB | Viewed 3339 times ]

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:02 am 

"No."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:04 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
"No."

He was prepared for a flowery response and this made him narrow his eyes and he said, “It’s a hat, it goes on your head. Every woman needs a good hat, even you.”

“So take it.”

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:13 am 

A hat. Not a hairpin or anything to make her head pretty –– to Rokugani standards. A hat. Not to count, it wasn't wrapped. It was there, visible.

She's genuinely perplexed at the gift since he first offered. She manages to close her previous open jaw still not to show a heavy cringe, yet, her head slightly turns away.

Fur! Ewwwwww... Horonigai thinks, before saying, in all honesty, without much decorum, "I do not wear hats. Specially ones with dead things all over it. Iie. I won't have it. Take it away."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:35 am 

Batzurig glared and said, "The fur is purified and soft and it is a fine hat. Good enough for my ancestors, sayyeda. You will take it, put it on a shelf for all I care."

"It was a pretty hat for a pretty woman, but now I'm not so sure but still here's a hat." He put it down on the table.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:12 am 

She lifts herself up from seiza to her knees with clenched fists, glaring back at him. Ready to pounce as she did the other day. After a deep breath, honor strikes her.

"FINE!"

She says, extending both hands forward to receive the gift. "I accept the gift in honor of your ancestors! Thank you, Moto-san!"

Horonigai looks to the hat, to Batzurig, then to her hands.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:20 am 

Batzurig just glared and then said, "Fine."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:24 am 

Horonigai sees he doesn't move. With a tiny grunt, the moody Imperial takes the hat with one hand, undoes her comb with the other, and after shaking her head to let the hair fall down, wears it.

It's cozy.

She keeps glaring at him and goes back to seiza. Honor served. Minimally.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:31 am 

The large Moto frowned he did not want to admit it looked, passable. His eyes narrowed and he decided to take a sip of tea instead. It did not soothe him.

He finally relented and said with much trepidation and seething annoyance, "You wear it well, sayyeda."

His ancestors better thank him for his Courtesy and Honesty.