It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:44 pm

Post subject: [D13, LN] Staying Up (Crab Embassy)
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:30 am 

The invitation was out, the sake was chilled, the candles were lit... now all that Yukarin's room needed was for the dear Kaiu woman to show up.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

Post subject: Re: [D13, LN] Staying Up (Crab Embassy)
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:50 am 

It would be a little harder to hear her coming this time because she didn't have her armour on. Instead there are softer footfalls followed by a light knock at Yukarin's door. Maiya didn't say who it was; it was late and she didn't want to wake up any of the other Crab staying at the Embassy.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:56 am 

The voice was loud enough to be heard through the doors... but the Crab building's masonry and sturdy contruction likely meang no other rooms' occupants could. Not that any other Crab were booked in the compact two story building otherwise besides Daisuke, "Kaiu-san? Please come in."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm 

"Hai..." Her whisper back would almost certainly be unheard. However, she opened the door slowly and stepped inside, turning to close it behind her.

She flashed Yukarin a quick smile bowing politely. "Konban wa." Maiya scanned the room briefly to see what was different, but mostly her gaze fell on Yukarin.

This evening she was wearing her best kimono. It was still a hand-me-down, but it was quite flashy. She'd put her hair up, applied a little makeup and she was wearing some perfume too.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:57 pm 

As for herself, Yukarin was sat on her futon, wearing only a half open robe and those white undergarments Maiya had once folded so carefully. She stood as the Kaiu woman entered, the robe giving glimpses of her legs as she walked towards Maiya.

"Konban wa, Maiya-chan."

The light in the room was low with being lit by candles, and there was a scent of light incense about the place.

"You got all dressed up for me; It really does suit you."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:57 pm 

"And... you... ano... ano..." Words failed her as she stared. Yukarin's approach had her utterly mesmerized. Her gaze wandered Yukarin's legs and body, ogling her, and up to the courtier's face. She began to blush.

"Hai... you... look... nice?" She splutters, her every reaction and the entirety of her expression making it obvious nice was an understatement. Jaw dropping or drop dead beautiful were more apt. Then again, while Maiya's brain could process that, there was a clear disconnect with her stumbling speech.

Swallowing hard she didn't even note the candles or the pleasant scent in the air. She just stood up at her full height, as if summoned by her Lord, and remained there frozen. Her mouth was slightly agape.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:18 am 

Yukarin walked up to the slack-jawed bushi and took her hands in her own, leaning in to kiss her on the cheek, "I take it then you approve of all the preparation I put in to making things romantic?"

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:39 am 

The kiss snapped her out of it a bit. She nods and stiffly steps in, slowly placing her hands around the back of Yukarin's waist.

"It's really nice. Ano, I like it. You look... really..." She looked up and then back to Yukarin, ducking down without warning and closing her eyes as she kissed her softly on the lips. Let that speak for me. I am terrible at this.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:22 am 

Yukarin chuckled after the kiss was broken, "That good, hm? You flatter me with your lack of words. Come come; I specially chilled some Golden Carp for the occasion, and we should have it while it's still as cold as possible."

She gave Maiya's hands a soft squeeze before looking back at the wooden box with the cups in it.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:25 am 

"Haaaiiii..."

With her hands back in Yukarin's she is putty for the courtier to easily lead into the room. Maiya sort of trails behind her, still staring a bit, with all of her attention one hundred percent on Yukarin.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:30 am 

Leading Maiya by one hand, Yukarin finds her cushions and sits, patting the cushion next to her before taking the cups out of the cold water, wiping them down gracefully with a piece of cloth that was there just for that purpose. The cups were nearly icy to her touch, but she knew that they were cold enough to have the most flavor possible, more so even than the last time Maiya had tried the stuff with it's chilling under the window.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:57 am 

Sitting where instructed, her hip just touching Yukarin's, she adjusted her kimono and crossed her legs.

"Oh wow!" Her eyes lit up as she was handed one of the cups. "This is really cold." Maiya looked quite excited, all smiles as she cradled her cup beside the courtier. Yukarin being so quiet was making her self conscious so she was glad for the distraction. Her heart was beating so fast.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:10 am 

That exclamation got a giggle from Yukarin as she nodded, taking up her own cup after it too was wiped off, "It's the time of year where you can still find snow in the shade of buildings and hollows and such, so I had some melting around the cups here before you came in. It works wonderfully, I'm sure you'll agree."

Yukarin scooted a little closer to Maiya even so they were more closely together; It did mean it was a bit awkward for their arms that were close, but Yukarin couldn't help herself in the feeling of closeness and warmth... not to mention taking in the perfume Maiya was wearing for her sake.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:30 am 

It was a rugged and earthy scent. Yukarin would pick up on the sandalwood and pine. There was a flower's scent in there too, but it wasn't one commonly found.

"You did great Yukarin-sama. This is so lovely." Maiya had replied, rubbing under her eyes a bit and blinking as the Yasuki scooted closer.

She turned to Yukarin, her eyes a little red. However, she managed a big smile as she switched the cup to her other hand so she could wrap the nearer one around Yukarin's back. "This is so nice." She stated cheerfully.

Without having a chance to try any she blinked a few more times. She had to look away. She tried to muffle a sniffle as she lifted her shoulder to rub her face into it. Maiya was actually crying.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:27 am 

Something not even turning away could really keep from the Yasuki, even with the dimness of the candle light. Her smile changed a bit and she sighed, leaning in to rest her chin on Maiya's shoulder and kiss her neck briefly, "It is almost like you did not expect it. You should know you are worth all of this and more, my lovely southern flower. "

She gave a nuzzle to that neck through Maiya's hair, the strands tickling lightly, "I got you a gift too."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:14 pm 

"Nn." She murmurs back while working through her emotions. "I didn't. Didn't know what to expect. Nobody has ever done anything like this for me before." Her cup was set down so she could dab at her eyes with the back of her hand.

"I'm not anyone important. You're going to make me big headed." She goes on to say, finally looking back to Yukarin with quivering lips. "This is so sweet. I don't know what to say." She looked down shyly. "I'm being really weird. I'm so sorry."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:23 pm 

"You're important to me, that's all that matters; Not sorries, not whether you deserve certain things, not what others may or may not think... You are a precious special woman in my eyes, and this is how I've chosen to show my appreciation."

A finger played gently with Maiya's hair as she spoke, her head still reclined comfortably on the Kaiu woman's shoulder.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:32 am 

The bushi sniffled again and shook her head. "It's just soooo sweet!" She gushed, dabbing at her eyes again. "I've not had anything so nice like this done for me before. I don't know what to do or say. It's really lovely." She let out a wavering breath and tried to control her erratic breathing.

"I'm just so moved. I..." Maiya stopped herself from protesting Yukarin's words too much. She instead reached up to touch Yukarin's hand. "I never thought I'd deserve anything like this. You don't need to get me a gift. I always want to be spoilt, but this is already too much." Saying this sincerely she inched her face forward to gently peck Yukarin's forehead.

"Thank you."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:42 am 

Yukarin beamed a smile warmly, letting Maiya work through what she wanted to say and not interrupting. After the kiss to her forehead, she takes her chin back and sits up straight, "I am spoiling you, aren't I? Well, no matter. I am happy, and you seem happy. And, hopefully, others will learn to appreciate you the way I do, since you say no one has treated you this way before. Now..."

Turning a bit, Yukarin leaned over to pick up a small box, "You might not say the gift is too much once you see it; I had to think a long time about it, but it's not exactly extravagant."

She held out the small box to Maiya... and was obviously a bit nervous suddenly.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:57 am 

"I am happy!" Maiya pipes up as soon as Yukarin said she only seemed happy. She covered her mouth a moment later, mentally admonishing herself for nearly shouting.

She watched in rapt attention as Yukarin turned to collect a small box. Her gaze became very curious. It jumped between the box and Yukarin's face. However, she knew she had to be polite.

"Ano, your company and your feelings are the greatest gift Yukarin-sama."