It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:56 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [D13, EE] Friendship is a Two-Way Street (open)
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:21 am 

That got a small chuckle from Yukarin despite her mood, "I could always use more friends, hai. Though I will say, I ~am~ trying to be my best still. If my putting my all into the play didn't tell you that, I don't know what would. It's half that I feel lost, unsure... I wish I had my husband or my older sister here to feel more normal, but you are right; The friends I've made HAVE made things lighter, even if I now have the added burden of the realization of being able to lose those friends in an instant."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:30 am 

"I should count myself lucky for absentee husbands," he muttered.

"All the more reason to treasure what you have now. Moments spent paralyzed by indecision are moments forever lost. But do understand you'll not always be at your best, it's exhausting. Trust me on that," a playful wink. "All are equal before the axe. That we can share so deeply before meeting it is perhaps the greatest gift of all."

He leaned in again and whispered. "I'm practicing for my time in Dragon territory, what do you think?"

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:03 am 

Yukarin tilted her head curiously, crossing her arms as she looked at Degarshi, "...I think you are so good, I cannot tell when you are acting or not sometimes. If there is anyone I can see appreciating the enigma of such a thing, I could see it being the Dragon, no?"

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:11 am 

"Ah, but that's the secret, Yukarin-sama, I'm never acting!" He chuckled softly. "Day in day out, it's all a mask. Every moment, every facet, every face, all me in part or in whole. I'm never lying because it's all the truth, wrapped up in so much absurdity that none are ever certain. And if one stares long enough to see the whole of me they'll see..." Degarashi froze for a moment, carefully composing his On. "They'd see nothing. A man with no truth surrounded by his reality of lies."

He frowned, scratching his cheek. "That certainly didn't go where I intended."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:22 am 

"You don't say... Hm. Well, I can understand that. I do hope you find someone who you can be yourself around one day though, Bayushi-sama; No masks. Or perhaps someone who would help you find a real you, a you you want to be for more than a scene."

Her starry gaze fell to him again, "Or perhaps even in that I misread you. Not even the best merchant in the world could read that deep so quickly, after all."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:47 am 

Degarashi just smiled, in order to maintain the mystery. "Perhaps we shall never know. Though I have found someone alongside whom I've discovered a sense of purpose and direction. That might be a good start towards finding the true me."

Fluff Acting: 7d10o10k3 39

"Or perhaps I'm only looking for those I can lure with true temptations!" He struck a dramatic pose much like the one he had taken up as the warlock, and changed his voice to match.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:00 am 

"Lure into what though, hmmm?"

"You're no evil warlock, Degarashi-sama. I'm sure whatever you're talking about is much more interesting than such petty tricks, neh?"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:07 am 

Degarashi dropped the warlock act and shrugged. "Interesting is certainly one word for it. It may also be dangerous, scandalous, and ruinous. But what is life without a little risk, neh?" He leaned in conspiratorially. "The bedroll certainly hasn't been complaining about things being boring of late, but it's not proper to talk about such things. Maybe I'll write a book instead, that seems to make it morally acceptable."

Clapping his hands to further disrupt the mood, Degarashi let out another chuckle. "I'll tell you the thing that's certainly true, Yukarin-sama looks to be in better spirits already!"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:16 am 

She seemed a bit surprised, "Do I then? Hm. Well, you are an entertaining man, Degarashi-sama. So I suppose that does not surprise me. Nor does the lack of complaints from your bedroll; I ~thought~ perhaps you had something going on with Shosuro Sara-sama. Or perhaps impressed a lady with your performance in Toshi no Omoidoso."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:33 pm 

Degarashi made a face at the idea of being in bed with Sara. "I've no idea of Sara-sama's aptitude in nightly activities nor am I in any particular rush to find out. Let that be one rumor that never even makes it to the rumor phase." He shook his head emphatically. "As for the other matter, let's just say it isn't my rakugo that's left the biggest impression."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:01 pm 

"Fair~"

Yukarin frowned a little.

"I just had pillow book ideas with the way you two bickered with each other in public I guess... Still, pillow books and reality are two separate things, neh? Shosuro-sama probably knows that better than most, since she was giving me advice on which pillow books were good or not the other day."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:08 pm 

"Like many rumors, there's always some kernel of truth to them. I recently acquired some out of curiosity because certain elements of my life have felt rather unreal lately." He turned his head to look down the street, one hand coming up subconsciously to cover his stomach. "The feelings sparked by the events in those books are far more intense when they're happening in front of you..."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:15 pm 

"Ah, I know that feeling as well... Still! I do feel a bit better having run into you like this; You're always amusing asides put a smile on my face, and I don't feel like I'm so alone in my doubts and weaknesses. So... arigatou, Bayushi-sama."

Her smile was a bit brighter than when she'd first approached him, certainly.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:32 pm 

"Ah, it warms my heart to have such an affect on those I would call my friend. Perhaps there will be a time in the future where the roles are reversed, and I am seeking solace listening to your wild tales and conjecture!" He brought a hand up to his mouth, covering it in a mock gesture of conspiracy. "I certainly hope so at least. I'd be a poor Scorpion indeed to reveal all my secrets and gain none of yours."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:37 pm 

"My secrets? Hm... I wasn't aware I had any. Still, such is the way of things; We don't realize what we're hiding sometimes until it's out in the open. Either way, if you ever need an ear to listen, or someone to blather on about things, I'm always willing for you, you know."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:47 pm 

"Oh everyone has secrets. I've spent some time just now referring to myself as being in a pillow book, but I've not yet suggested in what capacity, or who stars alongside me. Everything that isn't openly known is a form of secret, Yukarin-sama, and I yet have my own to keep." He laughed a bit. "I am surprised at myself, though, hinting so heavily at matters deemed impolite in conversation. Pray tell...why exactly did you think me and Sara-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:07 am 

"Like I said, the interactions; The sniping at one another, the passive aggressiveness that everyone seemed to politely dance around. You were either rivals or lovers to me... or something much less boring, but I don't like thinking boring when I can help it."

She looked at Degarashi, "...especially with you. There's something about you to me that screams 'I am not some simple bland person, there is more to me than that'. It makes you stand out in my mind."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:15 am 

"Rivals. Very much rivals. Shosuro Mienai-sensei was very particular in the way she viewed a Butei's role to their clan and Sara-sama breaks every one of her ideals. I'm very much my teacher's student."

Everything in Degarashi's demeanor changed when he listened to Yukarin state that he was interesting and stood out in her mind. Being remembered favorably was still something of a weakness for him, and he hadn't quite mastered his reactions to that manner of praise. All he could do was blush and stutter out a reply.

"Ah- arigatou..."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:23 am 

If there was any notice of that awkwardness, Yukarin didn't show it, "See, see? You always read those pillow books where the hero and the heroine are rivals; Two artists with different takes on something or two duelists from different schools or something. And their rivalry always leads to hot, passionate..."

She trailed off and cleared her throat, "Arguments, yes. Very passionate arguments. But you see what I mean I hope,"

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:33 am 

Breathing a sigh of relief, Degarashi was able to recenter himself. "Iie, iie, ugh...the mere thought makes me queasy. Not that Sara-sama is unattractive, she is quite visually lovely. I just can't get past the spirit of the thing, and honestly..."

Degarashi's smile turned wicked again, some part of him just unable to resist messing with people. "Those are popular books, yes, but I prefer the more... tantalizing stories. Ones with forbidden hungers, the kind that send those dark, burning nettles into your gut as two lives who must never cross grow ever closer. Oh, they know it isn't proper, they know they shouldn't, but the urges are simply too much for them to bear, and they spiral closer and closer until they finally touch and then..." He chuckled. "You know."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next